What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Genetically modified yeast.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks. I hate it.

Writing on the wall. Congratulations everyone! We finally convinced them it was medicine and now they have the means to restrict it and prevent us from producing licensed pharmaceutical compounds.

Just like the poppy.

This is exactly why so many have pushed for instituting cannabis rights in state constitutions and not just through half-assed "legalization" measures. (regulation)

F.U.C.K.E.M.

dank.Frank

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The poppy is a good example.

The pharmaceutical industry turned it from a useful medicinal herb which can be grown in the backyard into something which kills multitudes annually. There are cultivars naturally high in noscapine and low in opiates. Like cannabinoids it is a powerful anti-cancer agent which is 85% effective as a suppressive and prophylactic for a large percentage of people. It is extracted with a simple tea.

To buy noscapine now costs too much to make it practical.

h.h.

Veteran
I was hoping somebody could tell me what strength of aloe vera I needed to grow good yeast.
And also should I use genetically modified corn for my GM fungal SST's?
TIA

Gry

Nucleotide sequence data of Cannabis candidate prenyltransferases are available in the third-party annotation section of the DDBJ/ENA/GenBank databases (Extended Data Table 4). Strains and plasmids developed for this study (Extended Data Table 1), along with annotated sequences, have been deposited in the Synthetic Biology Engineering Research Center (Synberc) Registry (https://synberc-registry.jbei.org/) and are physically available from the authors upon reasonable request. Strains producing controlled substances or its direct precursors can only be provided to laboratories and institutions with appropriate approvals and licenses (for example, DEA permits). Custom Python 3.6 scripts for data analysis are available from the authors upon reasonable request.

Redefining the concept of narrow spectrum.

Muleskinner

Veteran
this the future of edibles and other extract products - the vast majority will probably made from brewed cannabinoids instead of cultivated. I don't see too much of a problem, most consumers want the cheapest product and this will give it to them.

I do worry about the morals of these mega-corporations which appear to be totally evil. I have personally spoken with Dr. Lester Grinspoon and he told me he believes the cigarette lung cancer epidemic is because mass-market cigarettes all used fertilizers that impart radioactivity to the plant and resulting pre-roll cigs.

This was his conclusion after researching it & seeing that there was virtually no lung cancer in smokers before the World War era. Tobacco was popular for hundreds of years before the 1900's. What happened? Cannabis does not cause lung cancer, but maybe these greedy oligarchs will find way to make it poisonous, I would not be surprised at all. The same investors profit through Pharma when we get cancer.

Drewsif

Synthetics never caught on because anyone smoking weed in previous decades knew it wasn't the same. Now that weed is acceptable for soccer moms, and the quality standard has busted the basement floor thanks to brainless kids who don't know any better, Rx weed will be the new Xanax.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this the future of edibles and other extract products - the vast majority will probably made from brewed cannabinoids instead of cultivated. I don't see too much of a problem, most consumers want the cheapest product and this will give it to them.

I do worry about the morals of these mega-corporations which appear to be totally evil. I have personally spoken with Dr. Lester Grinspoon and he told me he believes the cigarette lung cancer epidemic is because mass-market cigarettes all used fertilizers that impart radioactivity to the plant and resulting pre-roll cigs.

This was his conclusion after researching it & seeing that there was virtually no lung cancer in smokers before the World War era. Tobacco was popular for hundreds of years before the 1900's. What happened? Cannabis does not cause lung cancer, but maybe these greedy oligarchs will find way to make it poisonous, I would not be surprised at all. The same investors profit through Pharma when we get cancer.

It probably is the future. The almighty consumer.

This thread from 7 years back discusses the polonium/radioactivity issue in trichomes of tobacco from the use of phosphorus. There is strong evidence that lung cancer is predominantly caused by the use of phosphorus
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=226560&highlight=polonium

I will be willing to bet that now we will be seeing lung cancer from cannabis smokers, with all the push from fertilizer dealers to plump up those 'buds' with P.

BTW off subject
Is it just me or are many of the flower (bud) pics now showing fox tailing? It's like it now has become a good thing. There is even an ad I saw for a seed seller depicting (apparently) a totally fox-tailed floral cluster.

Muleskinner

Veteran
wow man, fascinating link and info! Thanks for sharing. I was not aware of this but when Dr. Grinspoon tells you something you listen! He used to be dean of Harvard medical school.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow man, fascinating link and info! Thanks for sharing. I was not aware of this but when Dr. Grinspoon tells you something you listen! He used to be dean of Harvard medical school.

I know of him. He was on the board of directors of the medicinal dispensary we contracted with along with Hilary Black - bless her heart.

h.h.

Veteran
Smoking tobacco will kill you.
Don't care how its grown.
As much or more misinformation as with pot.
Its the money.

Muleskinner

Veteran
I'm no fan of tobacco - my buddies and I used to smoke White Owls in high school and we learned it makes you puke! :biggrin: I barely even smoke weed anymore, I've been vaporizing for almost 20 years now.

Lester's just saying that tobacco's killed a lot more people than it used to since WWII. There were no synthetic fertilizers before WWII - all of human history before that was 100% organic! It would not be a surprise if the US oligarchs had turned a relatively safe product into a cancer epidemic, they've done that with our food supply, medical treatments, housing materials, flame retardents, etc.

I've used tobacco before for medicine - it's good for constipation and a few other things.

h.h.

Veteran
Does yeast accumulate heavy metals the same as mj?

Perhaps it doesn't suck so bad?