What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New to LED, How many plants under a 1200 Viparspectra??

I am getting 3 of these from a friend (Viparspectra 1200watt).. Trying to find out a good plant number to keep under them for veg and flower. (trying to keep them fully grown @ 4/4.5 ft) Trying to get the best bang for my buck with this personal grow.

I am getting 3 of these from a friend (Viparspectra 1200watt).. Trying to find out a good plant number to keep under them for veg and flower. (trying to keep them fully grown @ 4/4.5 ft) Trying to get the best bang for my buck with this personal grow.

If you are going to let them get that tall 4 per light.
I would do 6 per light and flip to 12/12 at about 12-14 inches and stretch to 36 inches. in a 2 gal pots.
Each light draws 534 watts so you don't get 48 inches of light penetration.
Free lights are good.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I'd say do a narrow 3'x9' style grow.. They dont do good 3'x3' or 4'x4' by themselfs... but multiples/overlapping they do good. Overlap them to make some kinda square footprint 5'x5' or.... overlap them 3'x6' or 3'x9'.. If that makes sense..
4 reflective walls is HUGE.... but even lightspread with multiple lights can compensate vs only 1 light source..