What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

US Attorney General Nominee Won't Take Action Against State-Sanctioned Mariju

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Thank God Trumpie got rid of Jeff Sessions!
I know alot of us were worried the devil we know might be better than the one we don't know.
Looks like we lucked out.

https://norml.org/news/2019/01/17/nominee-for-us-attorney-general-will-not-take-action-against-state-sanctioned-marijuana-industry

In response to a question posed by Democratic Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey, Barr said, "My approach ... would not be to upset the settled expectations and the reliant interests that have arisen as a result of the Cole memorandum."

armedoldhippy

Veteran
so far, so good. we need to hear more RE medical legalization states. it should be legal to sell between legal states; clones, seeds, etc, in my opinion. or even import it if origin/destination state is legal. the Promised Land will have middle east hashish, south american/equatorial sativas etc in licensed shops. i probably won't live to see it (but i'm hopeful)but it will happen...:dance013:

Gry

The former agency attorney who has made a career out of hiding operations that never should have happened so that the agency will never have to account for them is really a good guy after all.

We surely got lucky.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I often think of Sessions even now, while munching on a Keebler cookie.

I told all the fruit loops here to keep calm when Sessions arrived. They will now find something else to flip out on of course.

herbgreen

Veteran
This new guy had no choice but to back off that hard line

Even Session could not take action on his bizarre fantasies of prosecution of cannabis

Barr is totally anti-cannabis... He was HW bush's Attorney General!

He wants congress to decide if it will be legal or not....guess which way he's leanin' ?

No, this is not a good guy.......Remember HW Bush?

"Cant put everyone in prison?.... We will make room."

It may lead to permanent Federal legalization or complete crackdown and full enforcement of federal law.

Just look at this guy...listen to him and make up you own mind

Very far from pro cannabis.....

Hopefully whatever that bill is that trump said he will "probably support" gets a chance

Badfishy1

This new guy had no choice but to back off that hard line

Even Session could not take action on his bizarre fantasies of prosecution of cannabis

Barr is totally anti-cannabis... He was HW bush's Attorney General!

He wants congress to decide if it will be legal or not....guess which way he's leanin' ?

No, this is not a good guy.......Remember HW Bush?

"Cant put everyone in prison?.... We will make room."

It may lead to permanent Federal legalization or complete crackdown and full enforcement of federal law.

Just look at this guy...listen to him and make up you own mind

Very far from pro cannabis.....

Hopefully whatever that bill is that trump said he will "probably support" gets a chance

From what I read here and other places, federal legalization probably isn’t what most here want when all is said and done. Federal decriminalization seems better for all

herbgreen

Veteran
Well, but look what happened in holland

no real legalization

And it can be good or they can crackdown....which is what they did

It can be real bad

Full Legalization is better

Imports come into play and worldwide things get much better!

M

Mr D

Not as surprising as you might think.

It's very rare to find someone who's willing to change their position and then be so public about it. [Barr has] definitely increased the credibility of the Marijuana Policy Project. People have to take us seriously when we walk through the door with Bob Barr.
— Rob Kampia, Executive Director, Marijuana Policy Project, May 2008

Green Squall

This is like the Twilight Zone. Trumps new AG won't go after State sanctioned Marijuana and Gun Owners of America oppose his appointment.