What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best LED lights on the market

G

Gr33nSanta

same here, I like timbergrowlights and have had good luck with them. also rapidled. The DIY kits are so plug and play even I can put them together with my eyes shut.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
HLG quantum board or similar samsung LED chip board or strip.

I have a GN Telos 008 which is made in the UK and its a great light but I still prefer the quantum boards.

As mentioned already check out todogrow led which is based in spain for HLG boards or cobs delivered to the uk with no customs..

So do we have a clear cut winner for led in u.k.?
1st
2,nd
3rd
Place

Be good for a clear vote from ussers please.
Thank you

Ruby_Abu

I was looking for a LED light that can replace 400W HPS light. Any recommendations?
Any one used MarsHydro light? I heard a lot of positive reviews about it. I like their price.

anurag

EcoNepenthe,
Thank you, thank you and thank you. I am about to start my first LED growing after many years of bulbs and have been wondering where in heck to put all the drivers, and the picture of yours on the tool board just solved the problem for me.
Beautiful garden you have.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
^^^^^^TOU. #8 SPAM.

Come on pal.. he asked about options in the UK.. im in the UK so I gave him what i felt was a UK specific answer based on my, probably narrow minded i might admit, UK fuckin opinion hokay?

Call a mod if you feel the fabric of IC is being unwoven by my rogueish ways..

With hindsight id change my answer totally anyway to be go DIY and build whatever you want as there are some great companies around to buy professional DIY horticulture specific diodes from.. pm me if you want to know who they might be lest i spam again, heaven forbid.

ill rephrase that some of this tech that come in strips or boards with the south korean brand of high bin white combined spectrum diodes on em such as i mentioned , other brands do exist, are really not a bad way to go at all, in the UK that is, i cant spam for other countries ooops i mean talk for them.. or various COBs.. cree, citizen, vero, Luga etc etc

Ive been on this site for over a decade and i might be so stoned i cant feel the device im touching but im not out to mindlessly plug anyone or anything. :moon:

EcoNepenthe

WiFi/COBs Rocks

WiFi/COBs Rocks

EcoNepenthe,
Thank you, thank you and thank you. I am about to start my first LED growing after many years of bulbs and have been wondering where in heck to put all the drivers, and the picture of yours on the tool board just solved the problem for me.
Beautiful garden you have.

Thanks for props. I got the idea from another COB DIYer. Wiring 5 drivers to the Zigbee controller was challenging...patience prevailed.
Wishing you well w/your project.
Stay safe!!!
Success w/ya grow !!! :canabis:

It seems like there are a lot of broke mofos up in this piece. If I wanted to take the time and study up on all the different type led lights and everything that goes into a DIY kits I would but honestly I don't care to because I don't have the time. I am in agreement that you get what you pay for and that it is better to save your pennies and go with a top of the line LED light. I haven't made the switch yet but I am getting very interested in trying LED mainly for the heat factor as well as the energy savings. I have a couple of buddies that are using them and I must say I am very impressed. Makes them nugs super frosty at least in my opinion. Anyway, if you have some cash and want to go with some excellent LEDs then check out the Electric Sky 300 or the Nextlight Core. Results speak for themselves. I have seen the final product produced using these lights and impressive is all I can say but they will set you back a few dollas!

I am thinking about getting 2 ES300 for my tent.

Here are the links to each of the lights.

ES300
https://thegreensunshineco.com/product/electric-sky-es300-grow-light/

Nextlight Core
https://nextlight.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=116

Peace

Koondense

Veteran
What size is your tent?
For two es300 you pay 1300$, a better deal would be a HLG 550w light.

Cheers

Sunshineinabag

I'm in New England and use FEIT LEDs 100 watt replacement LEDs.....5500k draws 15 w each on a multi head lamp ...so far so good! I won't lie though......until I can set up something sweet I'll still flower under hps 600 kool tubes.

What size is your tent?
Cheers

I have a 4x4 but now that I have my MMJ card I can open up the whole room now. The room is approximately 18' x 12. I am not going to have to use the whole room but I certainly can take out the 4x4 tent if I want. Being legal I don't have to worry about odor or any other shit. I live by myself so I don't care if the house reeks. I like the smell personally...lol

I place a lot of emphasis on reviews and the ES300 has nothing less than 5 stars. People seem to love them. I want something sleek in design without moving parts that would be nice. Others have also suggested the HLG300 found here
https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/lamps/products/hlg-300-v2

Everyone keeps basing it off price per watt. Although I want the lights to be efficient economically that is not a concern of mine. I want the best light spectrum/quality/output etc... for the money. If I have to spend $1000-$1500 that's fine.

Peace

Koondense

Veteran
Cool, so you just need to check the lights use the lm301b diodes, most efficent so far.
I know hlg V2 lights have these leds, so would definitely recomend them.

Cheers