What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC 600 watt club.

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
just moved up from a 400w to a 600w for my main cab. (3) 42w cfl for early veg. i run xtrasun magnetics and hortilux bulbs in a c22. daystar a/c hood with 6" vortex fan pulling. can't wait to see what the 600 is capable of.. the 400 was great but time to move on. the 400 may end up living on in a second c22 but no final plans yet. i'm all soil ffof and use the botanicare pbp and lk nutes & cal/mag+ too. here are some shots from a 400w grow..

and a shot of the 8 new flo plants (from seed).. they will be the first under the 600w.

G

I'm joining in, so hello!
Just started to flower these girls and one unsexed. C99, 4x OHxSk#1, NHxJLP'sG13 and Chronic. 2 Aquafarms with coco (C99 & Chronic) and the rest are in passive coco/soil buckets.

The closet is abt. 130x130x250cm, 300m3/h ductfan sucks air out through carbon scrubber and blows through cooltube to the other side of apartment. On the floor as an intake I have another active carbon filter with ionizer (Vicks, can't remeber the model), wife bought a new air cleaner for her allergy so I got the old one. I think that is somewhere around 100-150m3/h. It blows from floor in a ~40-80deg angle and mixes the air quite a bit. Reservoir temps 22-25C. Temps are good, don't have a meter but it's clearly under 28C.

I think that's about it. Works fine in autumn-spring but summers are too hot.

Hissin Appi

Some pics from previous crop. 600w HPS (last few weeks with extra 400w)
Between 4 to 5 weeks flowering, Kush took ~58d and PPP ~70d

Hindu Kush x Citral:
p_kukitus5vk015.jpg

PurePowerPlant:
p_kukitus5vk013.jpg

This was my first run. Miss those gals :joint:

brooklyn

bump!
peace to all, i'm a member of the 600 club now (cool tube) and have access to a grow space 6ftx2.5ftx6ft, would one 600 be able to penetrate a scrog type grow with the furthest point being 3ft away? what would be the best distance for maximum penetration?

peace!

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey i know this might have been answered somewhere but how many plants do you flower if under a 600 and growing with the SOG method? i want to boost yields and i have heard this is a way to do it. what size pots would they be in as well? what approximate yield of say an ak 47?

G

Membership Form

Membership Form

G'day 600watters
My 600 spread out over 48.9W/f2

8 of in coco pots sitting in a tub that i flood daily then drain to waste.

ft100 i thought about putting like 18 in my space 5ltr pots of coco. On a test though this strain finihsed about a ft tall and one clump so I could maybe get upto 30 in my space.

600w shrubs

peace

J

Jam Master Jaco

bump

bump

Ah, the 600 watt light. A mere 170 watts bigger then a 430 watter but 39,000 more lumens. This thread needs more 600 watt grows! :lurk:

Last edited:

Dr.Snow

600w closet

600w closet

Nice to see some fans of 600 watters... :wave:
check out my closet - 600w digital ballast hortilux bulb with 6 aks, 3 gallon pots and ffof soil... currently flowering about two weeks, but these pics are at less than a week flowering (8 week veg from seed)

J

Jam Master Jaco

^^ Nice man :joint:

I have a few newbie questions for you 600 watt growers out there. Do any of you air cool your lights with a carbon filter attached? Or is the only adequate way to keep temps down to air cool your lights and have a seperate fan sucking air out the grow room through a carbon filter? I hope that makes sense. My reason for asking is, I really like 600 watt lights because of their lumen to watt ratio, and I'm wondering if I would need to have more then one fan to keep the growroom cool.

purcellville

Self Proclaimed Hash Whore
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am using a 4x4 Hydro Hut with an Air cooled 600W Digital 95,000 Lumen bulb and I am hooked to a Carbon filter. I have the filter at the intake side of the fan ( a 6' vortex) pulling all the warm air from the top of the hut and pushing across the light and out the hut.

My temps when running are a perfect 73, and I am maintaining negative pressure inside with cool air rushing into the bottom of the hut.

Take a look at my Sensi Star 20 days in under the 600W

IMG_00141.JPG

Jam Master Jaco said:
^^ Nice man :joint:

I have a few newbie questions for you 600 watt growers out there. Do any of you air cool your lights with a carbon filter attached? Or is the only adequate way to keep temps down to air cool your lights and have a seperate fan sucking air out the grow room through a carbon filter? I hope that makes sense. My reason for asking is, I really like 600 watt lights because of their lumen to watt ratio, and I'm wondering if I would need to have more then one fan to keep the growroom cool.

anna

when to go under my 600 watt hps

when to go under my 600 watt hps

my seedlings are two weeksold and I have some that are nine days old, I want to put them under the 600, but I am not sure of the distance from the light. I did read a artical that said they should be about 2 to 3 ' away from the bulb, any other words of wise?

J

Jam Master Jaco

anna said:
my seedlings are two weeksold and I have some that are nine days old, I want to put them under the 600, but I am not sure of the distance from the light. I did read a artical that said they should be about 2 to 3 ' away from the bulb, any other words of wise?

120051028323-Foot-CandleChartHPS559W.jpg

anna

thanks for the chart, I'm hope this will apply for tomatoes to!! Where I'm from they are pretty expensive..

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
How long do you veg?

How long do you veg?

Greetings,
I'm a long time 600w fan. I have mine hanging in a vertcal cool tube. I have been doing LST on my girld when they are in the nursery and then letting them go through flower with little or no further training. Just for a base line...from a regular rockwool cube (1.5"x1.5")sized clone how much time would you veg / to what height would you veg before going 12/12. I realize strain plays into this....just looking for general opinions.

Peace & Thanks

J

Jam Master Jaco

bump

bump

I think if this thread, along with the other "watt" clubs were stickied on the main "growers forum" page, there would be a lot more info/pics in here. I don't mean to sound so cliche with yet another "remember OG?" statement, but I recall overgrow having 150, 250, 400, 600, and 1000 watt clubs that were rockin'! :2cents:

But anyways, what are the dimensions of the boxes/rooms that you 600 watt growers are using, and (most importantly of course!) what do you guys typically yield. (I realize this has everything to do with method of growing, strains, veg time, etc. but I am terribly curious). :wave: