What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC 600 watt club.

G

Here it is, a place for all the 600 watt growers to chill. thats 600 watts total. Lets discuss room and cabinet features. Here is my 600 watt hps in action. :wave:

stikky budz

Heres a 600w only room too :)

Room size = 3' x 4 1/2' x 5 ,,, scrog screen = 29" x 38"

4 plant scrog in N.F.T,,, 1 L.U.I. and 3 Sushi (ssh x lui ~ my own concoction)

For a change,, my screen is only about 4" above the medium and i've trained along the top of the screen instead of training under it.
These pics were taken 16 days into 12/12.

What strain are you growing whitebubba?,....and how far along are they ~ 6 weeks ..ish?

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
A 600w Philips SON-T PIA Green Power under an Adjust-a-wing reflector directed at these Sour Diesel seedlings, who just went into the two Gro-tanks (NFT). They passed their first two weeks under 110w of turbo neons. No SCROG this time though, I want to see which of the ladies branches out well enough before I give it a go. Super Silver Haze and Legends Ultimate Indica heh, Stikky? Does that make a 50-50 Sativa/Indica?

Last edited:

stikky budz

Hiya Rosey :wave:

50/50 sat/indy ? To be honest i dont know what it makes...lol

I crossed a very potent smelling male L.U.I with the SSH to try and get a SSH which wouldn't stretch so much and have thicker/denser buds. So far that seems to have worked remarkably well. The Sushi grows very thick and compact (which is a bit difficult to scrog to be honest) though i've only flowered one plant so far,,, SOG style. I cant comment on its true potency though as i harvested very early due to desperation for a smoke. :)
As it was flowering there was a stage when i could smell SSH,,,,,,then L.U.I,,,,then it took on a completely new smell of its own.
Hopefully i'll be able to keep my hands off this lot until its fully flowered....lol

btw,,,,are those the same N.F.T's im using (the 424's) .....44" long?

Last edited:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Right Stikky, as the saying goes, when you think it's ready, give it an extra week. My two systems are GT 205:s, about 28" (70 cm) long with 20 litre reservoirs. Two of these side by side adapt themselves well to the square growspace, and with two separate reservoirs there's more flexibility. I remember an old OG NFT thread where you ran White Widows and Blueberry together in your 424, only the BB:s finished earlier than the WW:s, so when you flushed them you flushed the WW:s prematurely. That's when I decided to get a second system and do one strain only in each. Remember that thread, with Munchieboy and Lambuster (I think Mindzai was in on it too)?

purcellville

Self Proclaimed Hash Whore
ICMag Donor
Veteran
600 Watts chekcing in here. Check out the cab and first grow in my sig. I am running on a new digital 60W that does MH and HPS.

Last edited:
G

thanks for stoping in... lets keep it going . i will post pics tomorow. of week 8 of bubba kush. and grapefruit about 7 weeks.the og kush finished early and is out and dry and in the jars. up next all ready in veg will be, ak-48 ,iss x bc kush , sour diesel ibl, nl x haze. all under a 600 watt hortilux. do you guys like the solar max bulbs?

JWP

Tagged.
This should be good :wave:
Any scroggers out there getting a grm per with your 600’s?

stikky budz

JWP said:
Tagged.
This should be good :wave:
Any scroggers out there getting a grm per with your 600’s?

Hell yeah,,,,every time ;)

Since i started the 'ol scroggin' lark i've never looked back :D

600 + hydro + scrog = heaven...lol

Rosy ~ i dont remember the thread so well but i remember the grow. I think that was the last time i grew the widows ~ 25 oz from two plants... sweet :D

Last edited:

HiKing808

hey sticky two plants 25oz!!! how long was the veg?

also if you guys are running cabs can you please show us how your lights are hanging? i find that this is the hardest part due to the size of most reflectors and cooltubes.
thanks

G

nice a 600 watt club! amazing, i currently downgraded from a 1000 to a 600 since my space is only 2 ft x 3 ft... i assumed the 1000 would be a waste of 400 watts... might was well put it to other use!

stikky budz

HiKing808 said:
hey sticky two plants 25oz!!! how long was the veg?

also if you guys are running cabs can you please show us how your lights are hanging? i find that this is the hardest part due to the size of most reflectors and cooltubes.
thanks

Hi hiking808.
They were two clones,,,,,, rooted and ready to go into the N.F.T about 2 1/2 weeks after being cut from mother plant. They spent another 10 days ( ish) under a crappy 72w flouro's waiting for the grow room to become free,,,,,,,,and then no more than 12 days vegging under the 600 before i switched to 12/12. ( if my memory serves me right...lol )
Actually,,, i'm sure its recommended to only veg WW (clones) for 2 weeks before switching to 12/12 ~ i know why ;)
On that particular grow,,,, which was supposed to be a scrog,,,,,the dam things shot up from screen height ( approx 8" from grow medium ) to over 6 foot tall in the first 2 weeks 12/12.

As for hanging lights,,, i use chains and a couple of bed springs ( see pics ),,,, which makes its incredibly easy and quick to adjust height.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
A couple of pictures of the Sour Diesel seedlings, 5 days later. I lost a few days due to overwatering as I put them into the system (the rockwool cubes must be rootbound, otherwise they absorb too much liquid). They get a bit droopy as I increase air humidity, but this is the critical third week when the plants choose sex, so the humidity must be high for a high female ratio. These V3:s grow like F1:s, if it continues like this I better tie them to the ground. Nice chains Stikky. I use easyrollers to hang my lights, it saves us lazy bastards minutes on adjusting the height.

Last edited:

cabanetforester

600 watt wannabe.

600 watt wannabe.

Can I be in the 600 watt club? I have a 400 HPS hood and two 96 watt T5 floros on the side. :confused: :pointlaug

Not quite 600 watts unless you count the extra 20-30 watts my electronic ballast sends to the 400 HPS (it's running at 420-430 watts)

I'm a newbie med user and this is my first grow so I don't really know what I'm doing. My NL's went all leggy on me in the veg cabinet because some mechanical light timers were 10-15 min out of sync. Lesson learned, digital timers= better resolution IMO. Yeild probably wont be very good this run, but the Shiskaberries vegging in my DWC SCROG should do much better.

I want to make some air cooled hoods for the T5's and add 2 more to the other side to balance things out. Once I get a polycarbonate or acrylic lense for the T5's I can better situate the plants by moving them closer. The leaves burn slightly if they touch the bare bulbs for an extended time, but the T5's really make very little heat.

I use drapery cord locks to raise and lower my HPS light. About 4 bucks each at the fabric store. Couldn't find them at Home de-pot. The drapery cord is a bit light but pretty strong. It's showing a slight bit of fraying but should be fine it's very strong for it's size. I have some heavier rope to replace it with though.

I tried those Sun Lift yo-yo things to raise and lower my T5's. They work well enough but I prefer my gheto drapery cord locks as they give more precise control and use a little less headroom.

Last edited:
G

hello forester, :wave: nice looking cabinet. I had a 400 on 2 grows ago. uped to a 600 remote ballast. The 400 was very very good. the 400 buds I had seemed bigger,haha. the 600 smaller and tighter. I love my 600 advanced ballast, hoprtilux bulb vented hood. Now can you join?Hmmmm :chin: You do have a cab, I hate to say no anyone so why not join in :wave: You cab make it up if you whant with extra fluros to equal the 200 watts more u need . total watts not equal too. thats a 150 watt cfl is acctually only a 23watter not 150watts. Welcome anyways you got a cabinet and an awsome hps, and extra furos with the idea of 600 watts. Welcome.....................
..............................whitebubba ...... ohhh shit there t-5s . thats great,much better that cfl or regular fluros. nice touch.

Last edited:
G

younggiver does have a 400 watt club , I guess you can be in both clubs. lucky dog you.He just started a 400 watt club that should be jumping. I just joined a mini cab group..

cabanetforester

Hey whitebubba and the rest of the crew :wave: . You 600 watters all seem pretty well dialed in with your setups and strain selections. Think I'll be learning a lot here.

I'll look into the 400 watt club, not sure what theyll think of me and my funky floro side lighting though...

Can't wait to see more of these 600 watt grows. Very impressive so far. :wave: CF

G

here are my young sour diesel ibl 3 for 3. sorry two of yours died :badday:
They love the adition of liquid kharma to there diet, and the mini grow cubes.

Last edited: