What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reusing Coco w/ BloomBastic?

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Hey all,

I'd like to give re-using my coco a try and was curious if having used BloomBastic throughout flower will be a problem?

I only use FloraMicro, FloraBloom, and Bloombastic. Coco is Atami brand (purple bag).

I've been told it's no problem as long as I havnt used bushmaster, gravity, phosphoload, etc however I've also been told that BloomBastic contains PGRs.

Anyone clarify this?
Does BloomBastic contain Plant Growth Regulators... and can coco be re-used if BloomBastic has been added to it throughout flower?

On a side note.. what is your best method of tackling the task? I've got around 48 2 Gallon pots. Do I let them dry out and toss em in a tashcan with a drain/filter in the bottom and fill it with enzymes for a soak? Then flush with RO or something until a certain ph and run-off is acquired?

Mia

I was just at my local hydro store buying a big ass jug of bloombastic. I was talking with them about it and they told me no PGRs have been found in it although a lot of people suspect they're in there.
Just wash your smartpots in some water and soap. Washing machine, trash can, whatever. Rinse them well. Let them air dry you're good to go.

mg75

amend your coco with some fresh unused coco and flush them in the sink until clear water comes out. we re-use a peat/coco mix for a year while using bloombastic. out medium gets better with use.

ChaChaChiba

I totally agree; gotta do a good flush and start with ferting with the now pure coco. That's one of the beauties of coco it can be re-used over and over again, just start with a good quality from the get-go.

D

dramamine

I totally agree; gotta do a good flush and start with ferting with the now pure coco. That's one of the beauties of coco it can be re-used over and over again, just start with a good quality from the get-go.

I'm curious how you know this when you're on your first coco grow?

Effendi

I was just at my local hydro store buying a big ass jug of bloombastic. I was talking with them about it and they told me no PGRs have been found in it although a lot of people suspect they're in there.

There are no PGR's in Bloombastic, Never has been. Just necessary micro-nutrients.

But if you want to suspect that there is, don't use it.
It's that simple.

DunHav`nFun

There are no PGR's in Bloombastic, Never has been. Just necessary micro-nutrients.

But if you want to suspect that there is, don't use it.
It's that simple.

Dewd....You do realize this thread`s well over 3 yrs old right ?....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:....