What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Plants Hide MJ Best?

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
so spring is here an im thinking off putting some seedlings i have outside, an i was wondering what plants hide mj? im gonna have it in my back yard that is fenced in but my gurl has kids ( 11, 13 ) an i dont want them finding the plants an wondering what they are besides the 13 yrld would probebly kno wat they are.

C

Classyathome

Black-eyed Susans

I have a buddy that grows several plants in his backyard - has a semicircular mound of them in front. Camo deluxe...

Tomatoes hide them too - but I think there are bug issues with that combo (not sure, tho).

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
Cleomes ...

Cleome040618.jpg

Cleome040621.jpg

010625cloome.jpg

...and castor bean plants...

castorbean1.jpg

...are both great.

Phish Dude

ferns cammo them up pertty well untill they start to get big, unless they are the ferns that grow like 6 feet tall.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
a lot of plants around it will hide it. they should be the same colour, although sometimes even other shades of green work. when the sun comes down on the plants, the light reflects off the leaves and it brakes the shape of the leaf.

check these pictures, from a distance you can't even tell there's a plant there, let alone the green bucket that stands out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:
G

I'm going to be using corn and tomatoes to try to hid mine but no one should be in my yard but me so it's different.

G

guest123

ok ,, ill make it a sticky ,, but lets see some more input on camo for the old erb .....

hell yea wally. everyone will thatk u for stickin this one. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. cant wait to see wut this thread brings.

cfl king. awesome thread. gotsta hide that herb

G

The cameras the feds use detect color changes in the green spectrum, that is to say many shades of green will hide it better. The Christmas tree shape is also what is looked for.
A green spot in the middle of brown. Fertilizer bags in the woods. A bright green plant in the surrounding dark green forest. 5 gallon buckets, or paying too much attention to just one spot.

The new high res photos are taken and gone over later. The old U-2 type where they fly over with cameras blazing and pay a room full of people to look at the film.

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
Notes on cleomes and castor beans.

Cleomes prefer partial shade, while your cannabis plants will need full Sun to get full size. So planting cannabis with cleomes makes the most sense for stealth grows where you are planning on having multiple small plants in a partially shaded spot. (They won't grow very big in partial shade, anyway, so you won't need to prune or train them, depending on the genetics.

And castor beans prefer warm soil, full Sun. They grow FAST and get huge (6'-14'), so they will have no problem keeping up with cannabis growth. The problem with castor beans can be that they are so visually striking that they may draw attention to your cannabis plants rather than camo them.

Dig

jmn2dmb

I love sticker bushes and thorns to hide mine, I have a sick little clearing near my house, its surrounded by yellow flowering bushes and thorns that are over 6 foot hight but its all grown in over an abandoned pool so there are no trees or anything back there quite cool if you ask me... the only thing im worried about is wether the soil is too wet to go in ground... ill try it out with some bag seed

Latest posts

Latest posts