What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Withdrawal

Nannymouse

420giveaway
A close relative that was using Cannabis for help with a serious disease felt like she needed to quit and asked about what to expect. I've 'taken breaks' when i've felt that i had to...vacations, etc. I said that what would happen with me, is that i would get slight headaches, and mild grouchies that would sort of come and go, no biggie. But that i would also have vivid dreams, not necessarily nightmares, just vivid as hell. She reported back that i was definitely right about the vivid dreams.

i've been using Cannabis for Fibromyalgia for decades. I dunno if my body is just trying to say that it really does need the Cannabis for healing, or if it is 'withdrawal', but it is NOTHING for me, compared to getting off opioids, caffeine, or sugar. Getting free of cigs was probably the worst, never want to have to do that again. The coffee and sweets are still a battle.

The opioids were from the docs. The pharmacist would give me grief for not taking the pills every four to six hours. i told him that doing that would for certain kill me. Anyway, i went off them completely, cuz they made me so sick. But those med folks would really push those pills.

Keeping a good level of cannabinoids in my system for a long time, has definitely helped my pain levels...glad that i have a med card, cuz now, on top of all the fibro stuff, the arthritis is increasing. Also, i'm almost completely done with smoking...more edibles and more clean concentrate. Well, as clean as i can get it.

I wonder how much stuff in 'combustion' is affecting the withdrawal symptoms that people experience.

Anyway, i do know from experience that a person can have symptoms when stopping Cannabis use. Dunno if it is the body saying that it really does need that medicine to heal, or if it is just 'normal withdrawal', or lack of sleep, or maybe combinations. More study is needed.

Nugg_dog

I do experience withdrawal symptoms. Not a huge problem because I know what to expect of my body so i deal with it without medical intervention.
Symptoms I experience are complete loss of apetite, hard to sleep, sweats, and wild vivid dreams which I remember. Usually lasts 2-4 days.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
I only had withdrawal when i smoked together with tobacco(sweating, less sleep, craving).
The first longer break had something weired that i think had nothing to do with tobacco. I got strong munchies after a few days eating normal stuff. I think i have read that u shouldn't smoke all the time when u wan't to use cannabis for enhancing appetit because it can lose this effect quick.
Long time since i got the munchies when smoking, the last time i got the munchies was after smoking some high grad genetics grown in the jamaican sun.

Rgd

Veteran
stopping cannabis?

VERY vivid dreams ......I have had such weird and vivid dreams that I woke up and woke them down

what else is there to do in the middle of your sleep and wake up with[useless] revelations??

I admit that giving up cannabis for a bit only helped with how high I got when I started again

jus say no to......stopping cannabis.

Nannymouse

420giveaway
I only had withdrawal when i smoked together with tobacco(sweating, less sleep, craving).
The first longer break had something weired that i think had nothing to do with tobacco. I got strong munchies after a few days eating normal stuff. I think i have read that u shouldn't smoke all the time when u wan't to use cannabis for enhancing appetit because it can lose this effect quick.
Long time since i got the munchies when smoking, the last time i got the munchies was after smoking some high grad genetics grown in the jamaican sun.
You must be kidding! I was born hungry and it never stopped. I'm looking for anti-munchy strain.

I Care

420giveaway
Want to jump in on this since I got no real flower right now.
I get dreams and mood changes, become anti social. Kinda just like return to being the person I was before I started smoking weed. 🤣🤣🤣

SubGirl

420club
420giveaway
You must be kidding! I was born hungry and it never stopped. I'm looking for anti-munchy strain.
Diet pot I think could be a thing nannymouse. You know it would sell. All those other diets people waste their money on and this is a new and exciting thing there is money to be made. You come up with the jingle and I will provide some of my finest bottom shelf for the project 😊

Nannymouse

420giveaway
There are seedbanks out there selling diet stuff. Diet Durban is one. I forget the name of another one that is very strongly 'thai'. But, i just don't buy seed, as a rule.

Latest posts

Latest posts