Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Reducing lighting late in flower ?

Thread Title Search
Reducing lighting late in flower ? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2018, 08:28 AM #11
Phaeton
Speed of Dark

Phaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud of
Wink

Running a perpetual does not allow for weekly time changes.
However, when circumstances mandate, a plant may be moved into the fully dark lung room a week before being ready to trim.

This does not seem to improve yield over having 12/12 the remaining week but is better than trimming a week early.
A lot better.
Phaeton is offline Quote

Old 02-05-2018, 01:56 PM #12
h.h.

h.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy7 View Post
There is no real purpose in cutting back light, duration or intensity in the heaviest building period of normal flowering plants.

There is a point to doing that with long flowering narrow leaf. They may never ripen otherwise.

As always it's growers choice. It will speed up ripening but cut back on weight and density during a vital period. Narrow leaf long flowering already built up so much, can't figure it hurts much.
I've suspected as much with the "auto flowers".
https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog...-cannabis-n319

Quote:
it’s mighty sad when average health has declined to the point that people become fatally ill from exposure to a little animal shit.
Solomon, Steve; Reinheimer, Erica (2012-12-04). The Intelligent Gardener: Growing Nutrient Dense Food (p. 271). New Society Publishers. Kindle Edition.
h.h. is offline Quote

Old 02-05-2018, 03:48 PM #13
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAnnoyed View Post
Ride the wave.
i also adjust light intensity and length of day

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured - Ureapwhatusow

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

Old 02-05-2018, 08:33 PM #14
xavier7995

xavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmavis View Post
I have done it with both duration and intensity, as well as each individually, and I think it’s a good idea if running a homogeneous garden. Otherwise it’s kind of difficult and possibly counterproductive in a multi-strain garden or perpetual flowering room. In those cases it’s best, like St. Phatty says, to move individuals off to the side. Even into a shadowed area.
That's what I have found as well. It is greatly beneficial to shorten the lights on schedule for stuff that would normally go 12+ weeks, not really much benefit on 8 week stuff (it hurt yields actually). What I wind up doing is running standard 12/12 till I chop the early finishers and then dial it down to 11/13 or so to finish out the rest. I really need to set up another room/area as the sativas do great under 11/13 for the duration of flower.
xavier7995 is offline Quote