What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kc Brains strains, outdoors

Irael

I´ve grown 3 Strains from KC-Brains and have to admit that there were some problems with the germination of fem.Seeds, the regs were better.

Overall KC 33, T.N.R & Mango are absolutely fantastic Outdoor-Strains. High Yield and good Weed.

Greez

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
i have read good things on here about kc33 and spotnica for guerilla growing..i will be trying the kc33 this year and maybe next year will try the spotnica..have u ever ran any of his gear before bigdank?

No, but maybe you can give me some feedback on the strains I plan on getting. I'm gonna order California Special, KC36, and Brain's Damage. I like these because they can be pulled in 6 or 9 weeks and still be good smoke either way. Sometimes the rain comes early in Oregon around September 21st and it ends the season early. On the great years we can usually go until about October 15th, but that's rare like 1 out of 4 years.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
No, but maybe you can give me some feedback on the strains I plan on getting. I'm gonna order California Special, KC36, and Brain's Damage. I like these because they can be pulled in 6 or 9 weeks and still be good smoke either way. Sometimes the rain comes early in Oregon around September 21st and it ends the season early. On the great years we can usually go until about October 15th, but that's rare like 1 out of 4 years.

ya i hear ya man..my climate at 37.5 is strange as well i can usally go till oct 1 without any trouble at all as long as the strain has good mold resistance bc its the humidity that gets my strains it stays nearly 100% all thur full flower and then the rains make it even worse..in 2012 i grew with ease all the way till oct 25th before it even got cold and it was dry as hell here then..last year was a nite mare it rained all thur july aug and sept and i lost alot to mold but i must say that my strain choice was poor and only thing that did awesome was the delahaze while everthing else rotted down..will be taking a new approach this year with outdoor proven strains from the strain guide,a IPM kit and some potassiam silica..got some sns244c,actinovate and greencure on hand just in case i see any rot to hopefully sale me on thur..most the strains i choose this year should all be done at my lat by sept 31 with a few exceptions of a few new strains

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
ya i hear ya man..my climate at 37.5 is strange as well i can usally go till oct 1 without any trouble at all as long as the strain has good mold resistance bc its the humidity that gets my strains it stays nearly 100% all thur full flower and then the rains make it even worse..in 2012 i grew with ease all the way till oct 25th before it even got cold and it was dry as hell here then..last year was a nite mare it rained all thur july aug and sept and i lost alot to mold but i must say that my strain choice was poor and only thing that did awesome was the delahaze while everthing else rotted down..will be taking a new approach this year with outdoor proven strains from the strain guide,a IPM kit and some potassiam silica..got some sns244c,actinovate and greencure on hand just in case i see any rot to hopefully sale me on thur..most the strains i choose this year should all be done at my lat by sept 31 with a few exceptions of a few new strains

Yeah, strain choice is absolutely key around here! One could be smokin bottom shelf all year otherwise.

Is your humidity so high cus u live by the ocean? Large body of water? I always thought it would be cool to grow a plant at the beach on the sand but wondered if the humidity would be too high.

I'm currently compiling a list from all the seedbanks of strains that can finish in September.

Is the ipm an integrated pest management kit? Does the silica as well as the actinovate and greencure all help w preventing mold or how does that work?

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Yeah, strain choice is absolutely key around here! One could be smokin bottom shelf all year otherwise.

Is your humidity so high cus u live by the ocean? Large body of water? I always thought it would be cool to grow a plant at the beach on the sand but wondered if the humidity would be too high.

I'm currently compiling a list from all the seedbanks of strains that can finish in September.

Is the ipm an integrated pest management kit? Does the silica as well as the actinovate and greencure all help w preventing mold or how does that work?
ya click on the thread in my sig to see about the greencure from the late Silverback(RIP) i got this GC last year around end of august but i was already infected with bud rot on a few strains and it stopped the mold from spreading to other parts of the plants and allowed me to finish out flowering a couple strains..it held it off for about 2 weeks..the best properities of it according to SB is prevention sprays..i read this whole thread in my sig at least 2-3 times to make sure i didnt miss nothing...here is a couple of good threads on actinovate as well that u might find helpful..i had a nite mare of a grow last year due to picking alot of wrong strain choices and no IPM or prevention sprays or silica or any innoculants lol i didnt know about them but i do now..yes the IPM is integrated pest management..not only does neem and karnaja oil protect the plant from bugs and PM,neem oil also is a soil conditioner when used as a drench..the neem meal and karnaja meals are also a good source of organic NPK..i fear bud rot more then i do rippers to be honest bc the rippers cant find all my plants bc i do many plots of 2-3 and a single holes all over but the bud rot can and will find ever single strain no matter how good u can hide them

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=239283
u can also do a few google searches on by putting "actinovate prevent bud rot" and it will take u to a few other websites..after last year grow i wanted to learn all i could about botrytis and learn how it worked and infected..i wanted to get to know my enemy so to speak to take the best course of action..also another good organic prevention spray is SNS244c..go to sierra natural science and get the free sample packs and it comes with a any direction 16 oz spray bottle..its nothing but essential oils that has good reviews and success with..i will find out this year which one is the best and the reason i have 2-3 differnt ones is i read about botrytis being able to form resistance if useing the same ole thing year after year so best to switch it up..sernade has good reviews to but i didnt get it bc it stinks to high hell so went with these instead..im in the deep south and not on the coast and i have no ideal why it stays so humid here..i think its got something to do with the jet stream from out west and the gulf coast they collide right over my state and weather is really werid here sometimes..hopefully we will have a bug and bud rot free year this year

BigNoise

After a bit of reading, I'm sold on giving KC Brains a try. The trouble now is narrowing it down to 3 or 4 strains. Pretty sure I want to try KC33, Spontanica, Mango (recommended by KC himself), and maybe Double D as a 4th.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
After a bit of reading, I'm sold on giving KC Brains a try. The trouble now is narrowing it down to 3 or 4 strains. Pretty sure I want to try KC33, Spontanica, Mango (recommended by KC himself), and maybe Double D as a 4th.

hey big noise ive seen great grows with these and all did awesome.

BigNoise

Nice. I think I saw you talking about Serious 6 somewhere around here recently, or maybe it was an older thread I dug up....I can't keep track of all the reading I do, lol.

From KC I ended up going with KC-33, Spontanica, and Mango, as well as Wild White, Super07, Danish Gold, and Monk from HFH. Also got some Afghani freebies and a couple random fem seeds with my KC order, and I'll probably get some freebies with my HFH (seems to be the norm).

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Nice. I think I saw you talking about Serious 6 somewhere around here recently, or maybe it was an older thread I dug up....I can't keep track of all the reading I do, lol.

From KC I ended up going with KC-33, Spontanica, and Mango, as well as Wild White, Super07, Danish Gold, and Monk from HFH. Also got some Afghani freebies and a couple random fem seeds with my KC order, and I'll probably get some freebies with my HFH (seems to be the norm).

lol i know man i got all kinds of shit wrote down in my little book..from mixing up neem and karanja oil to how many cups or 1/2 cups of amendments to the soil LOL..i try to read and re-read everthing 2-3 times..there is some good links in my sig about preventing mold..if i can find the threads i seen on neem oil as a systemic i will add those threads as well..
oh hell ya man u got some outdoor tanks for sure..i think TM is gonna be doing the kc-36 and spotnica this year so it will be cool to follow along and see how it all does..the kc33 is the strain that silverback always said was his insurance strain no mold, great bag appeal,potent and massive yeilds..im looking for 4 more strains that will be able to do what my delahaze does that way i will have 5 differnt strains to last me thurout the year..i'll be watching close to how ur kc's and Tm's Kc strains do this year in addition to what i posted in the thread with the strains i might be adding some Kc..oh yea i forgot i will for sure be adding bangi haze from Ace they got a fem coming if i hadnt already told u

BigNoise

Bangi was in the running...I'll probably run it next year. I ended up going all all HFH and KC because they were bred for outdoor up north, and the affordable seeds. I'd rather fuck up a $15 pack of seeds than $50, lol.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Bangi was in the running...I'll probably run it next year. I ended up going all all HFH and KC because they were bred for outdoor up north, and the affordable seeds. I'd rather fuck up a $15 pack of seeds than $50, lol.

lol i hear ya bro..i will wait till next year to do the bangi haze as well..im just waiting for those fem version to drop so i can snatch up a few packs

BigNoise

Update on the KC:

Mango and 33 haven't started flowering yet (46* North). Sort of has me worried, but hopefully a dry winter combined with hardy plants will let me get a harvest. Spontanica has been flowering for a couple weeks, but those are in small cloth pots, so the root restriction may have caused them to go a bit earlier (?), or they are just an earlier KC variety.

The growth on these things is insane though. The 33 especially...10 foot tall Christmas trees. And this is in what is probably sub par soil (my first time growing), started around May 8th if I recall, and put in ground July 4th.

For comparison, HFH Polish Demon and 4 different Bodhi strains have all been flowering for about 3 weeks, in the same soil and location as the KC.

I definitely want to do some breeding with the 33, for earlier harvest, but passing on the awesome vigor and hardiness.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Update on the KC:

Mango and 33 haven't started flowering yet (46* North). Sort of has me worried, but hopefully a dry winter combined with hardy plants will let me get a harvest. Spontanica has been flowering for a couple weeks, but those are in small cloth pots, so the root restriction may have caused them to go a bit earlier (?), or they are just an earlier KC variety.

The growth on these things is insane though. The 33 especially...10 foot tall Christmas trees. And this is in what is probably sub par soil (my first time growing), started around May 8th if I recall, and put in ground July 4th.

For comparison, HFH Polish Demon and 4 different Bodhi strains have all been flowering for about 3 weeks, in the same soil and location as the KC.

I definitely want to do some breeding with the 33, for earlier harvest, but passing on the awesome vigor and hardiness.

Odd! The Mango is supposed to be one of the earlier varieties from KC Brains. Keep in mind that KC Brains, while not new to breeding, is relatively new to the feminized game (he refused to make them for a while). I've seen some variety with the fem seeds, which is unsurprising considering the amount of variety in the regs. The Mango has a 42 day pheno somewhere out there...

The growth is fucking unreal though. I didn't start my Spontanicas until June 1st (they went into the ground as cracked seeds then) and here they are a couple days ago (you can see a difference in phenotype between the second and third pics):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The yellowing leaves in the last pic are my fault; they don't get as much water but they certainly make due.

The thought of not growing any strains other than KC Brains' has crossed my mind a lot recently. The KC33 takes a bit too long to finish for my liking (grew it last year and chopped it early), but the Spontanica sure is a fucking winner. I'm gonna be growing it again next year, along with either Mango or KC36.

BigNoise

Interesting. Mine are supposed to be regular seeds, not fems. Only a few are showing hairs at this point.

I am certainly impressed by their vigor, enough so that I would grow them again, and would like to breed with them.

I kind of wish I would have put a Spontanica in the ground, so I would be able to make a fair comparison.

kokomarin

my spontanica,two from seed and one cut not flower yet.
leda uno,few plants start two weeks ago. reg seeds,43*nort

M.R.GT

Veteran
Freaking awesome guys.

just finished the Kc33 and mango indoors.

KC33 indoor yield over 600 grams

mango indoors. Still hanging. Should make over a Lb.

All beautiful plants!!

Anyone have any hermis issues on the mango outdoors? I had a little issue with just the mango. 4 or 5 nanners from 3 plants. Nothing to bad. Just curious how its doing out doors. Wondering if this is strictly caused from doing them indoors or is it across the board?

Still a big KC Fan!!!

Peace
GT

BigNoise

DAMN. Those results indoors has me excited to see how mine finish outdoor.

Come on El Nino, keep Oregon dry(ish) til harvest!

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Holy shit those plants are making me salivate. Goddamn I'm excited to run Mango next year.

Also excited to see how fat and dense my Spontanica buds turn out.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Freaking awesome guys.

just finished the Kc33 and mango indoors.

KC33 indoor yield over 600 grams

mango indoors. Still hanging. Should make over a Lb.

All beautiful plants!!

Anyone have any hermis issues on the mango outdoors? I had a little issue with just the mango. 4 or 5 nanners from 3 plants. Nothing to bad. Just curious how its doing out doors. Wondering if this is strictly caused from doing them indoors or is it across the board?

Still a big KC Fan!!!

Peace
GT

WOW those are fkn sweet man! fkn beautiful!!

Latest posts

Latest posts