What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How often do you feed?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Simple question and I know the answers will vary but, how often do you feed your girls, both in veg and flower? I am sure more questions will follow the discussion. I am trying to dial my grows in :)

gladysvjubb

Veteran
In veg I feed with every watering up until a week before I am ready to harvest. I just changed nutrients however. Now I feed with Maxi-Bloom right up to the formation of sizeable buds and now I am feeding those with Cha Ching to finish them off. I was using Miracle Grow at quarter strength with every watering. I used to use Peter's 20-20-20 when I was a commercial grower with every watering.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
In veg I feed with every watering up until a week before I am ready to harvest. I just changed nutrients however. Now I feed with Maxi-Bloom right up to the formation of sizeable buds and now I am feeding those with Cha Ching to finish them off. I was using Miracle Grow at quarter strength with every watering. I used to use Peter's 20-20-20 when I was a commercial grower with every watering.
@ what strength? Full, 1/2, 1/4? I do know that feeding more often with a milder solution is better than let's say once a week with a full solution.

BTW I am growing in HP promix in 3gal cloth pots. Nutes are "gobox" by GO.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GO is a good line.

IMO, your best bet is to start light with nutes then work your way up to full strength (until you can visibly see burning) then back off until you visibly see hunger then bump it up just a notch to keep the gals healthy.

I dont recall where I read the above... I just need to follow this protocol but I'm using dry nutes and that makes it difficult to titrate, so to speak.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
icmag said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MJPassion again.

I concur. Remember the part about backing off till they're hungry again. ;) Most growers feed till burning then back off a bit, which really grows much lower quality. Less is more with cannabis. :D

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I concur. Remember the part about backing off till they're hungry again. ;) Most growers feed till burning then back off a bit, which really grows much lower quality. Less is more with cannabis. :D
Please expand. Your post unfortunately is a generalization. ;)

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
It depends how often I water. Usually, I will feed full strength nutes one time and then plain water the next watering. If I am watering every other day, they get fed twice a week.

However, there are times during rapid root growth that I water every day. If that is the case, I still only feed about twice a week.

I used to do 1/2 nutes every time I watered. Now, I alternate with full nutes and plain water. I think I get better results this way. Seems like the plain water in between feedings is sort of a 'mini flush' each time.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I feed at 1/2 strength, next watering is tea with brix, next watering is filtered water with a little silica to flush. So about once a week they get nutrients. Ill do this from veg to harvest.
Ill add Molasses a couple weeks into flowering as well

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
It depends how often I water. Usually, I will feed full strength nutes one time and then plain water the next watering. If I am watering every other day, they get fed twice a week.

However, there are times during rapid root growth that I water every day. If that is the case, I still only feed about twice a week.

I used to do 1/2 nutes every time I watered. Now, I alternate with full nutes and plain water. I think I get better results this way. Seems like the plain water in between feedings is sort of a 'mini flush' each time.
... pretty much my regimen as well :tiphat:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I feed at 1/2 strength, next watering is tea with brix, next watering is filtered water with a little silica to flush. So about once a week they get nutrients. Ill do this from veg to harvest.
Ill add Molasses a couple weeks into flowering as well
We're on the same page good buddy, as I mentioned to Ringo* I go by pot weight for watering, sometimes they will go and extra day between either feeding and watering.

Douglas.Curtis

Please expand. Your post unfortunately is a generalization.
wink.gif
LOL! Thanks for the laugh. I needed that this morning. :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

You're pretty much a douche aren't you? :peacock:
That wasn't a joke? My statement was obviously a generalization, stressing the important points MJPassion mentioned. If you meet 3 people with a poor attitude before lunch, you might want to take a look in the mirror.

Sage advice which has served many people very well. :tiphat:

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
My Nutes consist of Earth Juice Elements Bloom, E.J. Grow usually cut it out after 2 weeks into flowering, Liquid Kool Bloom and Granulated Kool Bloom from G.H.

I also add Liquid Karma to the feed.

In veg I use Verde grow from humboldt nutrients sometimes. Its a lot higher N then EJ Grow

All is in soil