What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RQS - NL/250-400W CMH/Wilma/Clay Pebbles

Snypie

Hy folks,

I started a new indoor hydro round.
Setup:
- 100x100x180 (in centimeters, ~3.5x3.5x5 in foots) Mars Hydro tent
- 75x75 (in centimeters, ~2.5x2.5 in foots) 50 liters (~13 gallons) Wilma System with 4 3 gallons (11.3 liters) smart pot filled with Hydroton
- I will cool the res with a Haliea HC-100A chiller. I will set the chiller at 19 Celsius degree (~66 in Fahrenheit) so the temperature will be in the 19-20 Celsius degree range always.
- I have a humidifier and a dehumidifier also. I will take care of the correct VPD.
- For veg i have a 250W 4200K CMH bulb, for flowering a 400W 3000K CMH bulb.
- I have a Hydrofarm Radiant air cooled reflector and an oscillating fan under this. And of course an exhaust fan currently without an actice carbon filter. I have 2 passive intake. hole.
- For the chiller i have a Maxijet 1000 pump.
- I have a home made drip ring. It has 2 rings with 8 T's.
- I have a Hailea 2500 liter/hour (~661 gallons/hour) pump for the drip rings. Each ring give 12 liter/15 minutes (~3.2 gallons/15 minutes)

- I will be using RO water, because my tap water is not good (i have analysis what i can post if you want).
- I have dry hydro nutes (called Ferticare IV -> 6-14-30 NPK) which i will supplement with Calcium nitrate and Magnesium sulphate. This fertilizer is very same as the JR Peters Jacks Hydro in the USA. I made stock solution from them. 1 ml contains 0.1 gram dry salt.
Strains:
4 feminized Royal Queen Seeds - Northern Light
I germinated them in rapid rooters and now they are 4 days old.

Later i will post pictures. :)

Snypie

Day 6

Here we are now. I sprayed the rapid rooters just RO water in the beginning once per day, now two times per day.

I want to do this round perfect so i have some questions:
- Can I move soon the girls into the Wilma System?
- What is the ideal nute strength for them? Maybe 200-250 ppm (on a 500 scale so 0.4-0.5 EC)? Or the first time it is strong?

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
1. Relax on doing things perfect. Focus on learning how the plant responds to what you're doing. :D

2. Put them in the Wilma with the 400w light about 2' away. Lower it to about 14" over the next day or two.

3. I use around around 550ppm for 400w systems, depending on how much nutes the plant wants. Some want more, some less.

Looking good. :D

Snypie

Now they are not looking good, same as the last round :(
400W MH, 550 ppm.
When the leaves become bigger the colour will be pale than browning at the tips and then at the edges :( This leaves stem is purple.

PH is 5.7-6.2.
I don't figure out it is a nute problem because i mix 3 part dry fertilizers or an overwatering problem. I googled the pictures of deficiencys but it is similar to the overwatered plant except the wilting leaves.
I tried watering:
- continuously when the light is on
- every 2 hours
- every 3 hours

What do you think?