What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Political Discussion in The Speakers Corner....

G

Its all good until you have a mod who seems to run rampant like the ones on RIU.

med4u

Veteran
The way I see it...its a bit like extreme sports...you should know when entering a political,religious etc thread that there is an inherent expectation of adement disagreement...that will very likely result in some sort of character assassination and or personal attack in various degrees...
Those that are of a sensitive disposition or easily offended should enter these threads with an abundance of caution or not at all
Those that do would be well advised to maintain a healthy sense of humor to fully grasp the entertainment value in sordid and sometimes radical diatribes
The value of little or limited moderation by staff cannot be overstated as this speaks to the very core of freedom of speech
On a personal note...some people that I have had extreme differences with in political threads...have turned out to be some of the best people I know once met off the internet

redlaser

Veteran
If we are lucky the Putin fan club will burn to the ground.

With D.J. “ hoping to collude” Trump inside

med4u

Veteran
Over 100,000 ticket request....their installing movie screens around the center so those that dont get in and the protesters can be part of the epic rally...

White Beard

I guess this is over by now?

Moby says 'CIA friends' asked him to promote Trump-Russia stories
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJEJljHAmLc&feature=emb_title

That was ridiculous, thanks! Needed a good laugh....

Post “Moby” setups by RT - it will *definitely* sway public opinion: all implication, no proof of *anything* said, nothing but images intended to gull the gullible, coupled with unsubstantiated claims.

Don’t you think that they would post PROOF OF ANY KIND if they had it? (FTR, a stock photo with an unsourced bit of audio isn’t “proof” - and the National Enquirer does it better, frankly. This is “Weekly World News” quality)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
That was ridiculous, thanks! Needed a good laugh....

Post “Moby” setups by RT - it will *definitely* sway public opinion: all implication, no proof of *anything* said, nothing but images intended to gull the gullible, coupled with unsubstantiated claims.

Don’t you think that they would post PROOF OF ANY KIND if they had it? (FTR, a stock photo with an unsourced bit of audio isn’t “proof” - and the National Enquirer does it better, frankly. This is “Weekly World News” quality)

xxxxxxxxxxx

he nor RT, say this proves anything, they just reported what moby said. or are you saying the audio is fake? moby never said it? mind you any reasonable person would have doubts at this point, its been years of investigations and nothing has stuck. in fact Trump was harsher on Russia then his predecessor, but you have to actually be paying attention to understand this fact. its all just bull shit bassed to help influence geopolitical interests for power and domination.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- if you look back in history - the USA couldn't pile enough dollars/munitions and goods into Russia during WW2 - American money made the Russian military and political machines (made all of those T-34 tanks etc) - NY bankers funded the Russian/Bolshevik revolutions back in 1917 - then when WW2 was over - they decided to make a 'Cold War' - with the bear they had built (Russia) - as the bogey man - to justify spending trillions of dollars on an arms race - that continues to this day -

mowood3479

Veteran
- if you look back in history - the USA couldn't pile enough dollars/munitions and goods into Russia during WW2 - American money made the Russian military and political machines (made all of those T-34 tanks etc) - NY bankers funded the Russian/Bolshevik revolutions back in 1917 - then when WW2 was over - they decided to make a 'Cold War' - with the bear they had built (Russia) - as the bogey man - to justify spending trillions of dollars on an arms race - that continues to this day -

You want to see who America’s next enemy is.. see who they’re funding right now

Gry

Our finest ally, the most casual of historians agree we would not be here with out them.
What would make a country would rat fuck it's finest ally ?
Wondered for years who could champion such an idea.

Gry

Four attempts were made at penning a history of the OSS. Four very fine men died making that attempt.
There is distinction between treachery and treason just as there is between love and care.
I firmly believe that we have been and are being denied large portions of our own history.
I do not expect that will improve with the passage of time.
A man I think well of recently told me he felt little faith in things of a digital nature.
Was left with an impression I was conversing with a prudent individual.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Our finest ally, the most casual of historians agree we would not be here with out them.

Four attempts were made at penning a history of the OSS. Four very fine men died making that attempt.
There is distinction between treachery and treason just as there is between love and care.
I firmly believe that we have been and are being denied large portions of our own history.
I do not expect that will improve with the passage of time.
A man I think well of recently told me he felt little faith in things of a digital nature.
Was left with an impression I was conversing with a prudent individual.

- Also I too believe that our own history has been messed with - and only a very censored and one sided account with a distinct agenda is commonly available thru the main-media and educational institutions - it is still possible to research histories from other perspectives using the internet and physical libraries though -

- When I first visited Vietnam many years ago - and heard the Vietnamese accounts of 'The American War' in the 1960's and 70's - it all seemed to conflict with how that war had been presented to us thru school history lessons - as I attended school during the years of what the west called 'The Vietnam War' - and Vietnam called 'The American War' - it made me realize that there are often two or more accounts of the same events in history - and the one that makes more sense to you - is usually the one you are more likely to believe - the truth could well be within an amalgam of two or more distinctly different perspectives - the more you search - the more you learn - and also - the more confused by it all you can become - for there is always the pressure upon you to form an opinion - but how can you do that - without all of the evidence to make that opinion - much of which has been either destroyed or hidden in the past - and even if known by a few in the present - is kept at bay by the use of propaganda techniques/social engineering -

-

Gry

Lot of phases to a war. Learned of Viet Nam from 3 young American GIs that I met stumbling down a Kowloon street in the late sixties.
What they told me was not at all like what I had heard/ or read prior.
Was the first time I was unable to reconcile what I had been told with what I had experienced.
Was amazed by the Gurkhas who lived in the most primitive of conditions with their families there beside them.
Their function was to protect the British troops, and I found them to be the most amazing people.
Watching them interact with others was a privilege.

Gry

An impressively brilliant individual with a terribly flawed moral compass that brought destruction to everything he touched...

Latest posts

Latest posts