What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hashishh' GDP by The Native Seed Co. Comments welcome!

Hashishh

Hi guys, so I decided I'll throw up what I've got going on so far.

So first off this is the equipment I'm working with

- 1 Grandaddy seed (The Native Seed Co.) germinated June 20/2018 and 2 Green Crack germinated Jul 10.
- 3 gal containers +/-
- Promix HP soil.
- General Organics Biothrive Line of nutes
- 4x2x5 Idaodan Grow Tent
- 600w air cooled dimmable HID by Vivosun
- 6in IPower filter
- T6 AC Infinity Cloudline fan (6in)
- 4in passive intake
- Temps currently going between 18c and 26c with it being a perfect and consistent 24c at just below the canopy during lights on.
- Humidity is generally 25-50% depending on the day (AC unit has "dry cool" mode luckily).

Ill post some pics once I figure out how. I've uploaded some to my album so if anyone's curious you can go take a look there.

Today temps are between 20c and 25c at lights on and humidity is a low 35%. Fed the bigger plant a light shot of nutes as the soil was drying out pretty bad. Will likely water again in 3 or 4 days. This plant stinks already and it's only in veg and about 5 inches tall. Has a skunky and rank/rotten berry or some sort of tropical smell to it as well. Hard to pin point.

Thinking of topping down at the second node now as I'm currently growing the 5th node out and although I haven't tried this method I've heard it's an easy way to get up to 4 colas. Will put the plant behind quite a bit though and this batch has to be flipped by Aug 10 at the absolute latest as its got to be dried and in jars curing by Oct 20.

Anyways I'll keep adding a bit here and there. Feel free to give me pointers or start a conversation as I'm still fairly new to this! :thank you:

Hashishh

So I took my first attempt at FIMming my plant. Not sure if I did it right, only time will tell.

Before FIM

picture.php

After FIM

picture.php

2 Days after FIM

picture.php

Will likely post an update after work today. It'll be 3 or 4 days after FIM. Growth is starting to pick up now, hopefully the seedlings start catching up a bit.

mack 10

Veteran
For FiM, take off half the growing tip.
You nearly did it but didn't take enough off.

Hashishh

For FiM, take off half the growing tip.
You nearly did it but didn't take enough off.

Shoot, I just barely nicked the growing tip when I did this. I tried it based off a picture from GrowWeedEasy that showed the exact cut point that I did.

If I don't end up with more tops I'll try again in a few days based on what you told me, thanks!

Hashishh

So I just got a fire alarm inspection notice today for 2 days from now.

Plans are to empty the tent of all things MJ related (duh) and put my plants in a corner somewhere. I'm just wondering since lights out is typically 930am-330pm, would they be fine if I threw them in complete dark from 630am-4pm?

From what I understand and have been told, I don't have to worry too much about light cycle stresses as much during veg as I would flower, so long as they're healthy at the time of flip. Is this true?

Obviously nobody likes getting some nice upskirt action and finding some nuts!

On a side note I'm actually debating on leaving the tent up. I'd empty it out, place a couple curtain rods across it and hang a ton of the wife's clothes in it and just leave it door open so they can see inside. I could even hang a load of her heels around the top.
Only things I'm worried about is the mylar lining inside doesn't seem typical of a portable closet, and those vent holes are a dead giveaway as well.

What would you guys do? FYI I'm in an apartment building (Yes, Yes, I know. I like to live on the edge alright).

Hashishh

Well, got the tent back up Thursday. Back to the usual for the ladies. Ended up re FIMming it as it didn't seem like it worked. Got the wife to do it this time since she's a little bit better with the intricate stuff.

picture.php

picture.php

Finally got most of the seeds I wanted for next run.

Ordered Burmese from Jordan of the Islands and got Burmese and a free pack of Hawaiian Lights. I also ordered a pack of Sweet Skunk x C99 and Northern Lights x Blueberry from Peak Seeds and he sent me the Sweet Skunk instead of the SSxC99. So he's resending me a pack of the SSxC99 and I got a free pack of Sweet Skunk, which is great because I had to choose between it and the SSxC99 when I ordered.

So next run I'll probably go with a couple Burmese, NLxBB, SSxC99 and some SS. I'm gifting some of these so I can't wait to see their real potential.

The wife is getting more interested in growing, does anyone know any good beginner books that would appeal to someone that doesn't like reading books a whole lot? Something that doesn't get too in-depth about the sciences of growing and just covers the basics about soil, lighting, nutes, etc?

Thanks to anyone watching! Have a great day! :bongsmi:

Hashishh

Did some light LST last night

picture.php

I ended up using some yarn and a clothespin to hold it down. Much easier than drilling holes and tying knots in my opinion.

picture.php

Growth over the course of 9 hours afterwards is insane. All the smaller lower branches are already reaching up. I'll get a pic in a few days when I get home to compare.

Hashishh

Well finally had some spare time today so decided to get a little heavier with the LST and improve the first bit I did. Tied back the stem at the bottom and lowered the top more than what it was and tied down some of the large fan leaves to make room for the new "tops".

Looking much bushier

picture.php

And some under skirt action :biggrin:

picture.php

Also anyone have an idea why some of my pics get rotated when I upload them to my album?

Hashishh

Looking good mate. I find if you manually crop the photos so they are square they won't flip.

I'll give that a try next time I upload some pics, thanks!

On another note, after LSTing, I know my auxins have switched focus to other branches on the plants, but should I continuously tie down the branches that seem to become dominant to promote growth on the smaller branches? Or are all branches competing now and I should just let them do their thing?

Also I'm getting tempted to FIM some of the dominant shoots to slow them down and give the others time to catch up. How many branches should I FIM/top at once? I know the plant reacted well to the first FIM as I noticed growth starting within 2 days. I was thinking of trying to do 2 at a time, but 3 is very tempting lol.

Or because I've only got about 15-20 days left of veg should I just let those shoots grow as this strain doesn't stretch much from all I hear.

Hashishh

Hey guys, sorry about the lack of updates. Life's been getting a little busy so it's hard to get on here all the time.
Yesterday after work I was tying and tucking some of the shoots and noticed on my smaller Green Crack plant that I had some weird silver shiny looking stuff on the leaves. Did some googling and I'm about 99% sure it's a case of the thrips.

Being in Canada, Spinosad and Pyrethrin is illegal, and Neem Oil is extremely hard to come by (have to order it on Amazon). So what's my best option here? Order a bottle of Neem and apply that? I was hoping to flip to 12/12 in the middle of next week.

Hashishh

Did a soil drench and foliar spray with peroxide then dusted the soil with DE. Seems to be helping. Neem is on the way, should be here Wed or Thurs. Will apply that until the first week or so of flower then will have to let them do their own thing.

Any tips or suggestions from more experienced members?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Pics of the shiny spots would help. Hard to say without seeing it.

That's cool your gal is getting interested in growing. It's a wonderful hobby to share! Have her read some grow diary's. Informative and entertaining, maybe hold her attention better than a book.

Plants look good!

Hashishh

Pics of the shiny spots would help. Hard to say without seeing it.

That's cool your gal is getting interested in growing. It's a wonderful hobby to share! Have her read some grow diary's. Informative and entertaining, maybe hold her attention better than a book.

Plants look good!

Hey Lester, I'll post a couple pics once I get home from work in a few hours if it helps. I'm 99% sure it's thrips from what I've seen online. Just trying to find the best way to combat them without Pyrethrin or Spinosad. I haven't yet seen a bug but the signs are there. Shiny spots with a bunch of bug crap around them. Looked for about an hour on and around the plant and couldn't find any of those elusive creepers.

Maybe I'm overreacting and the shiny spots could have been from water that splashed on the leaves when I fed with nutes and the brown spots are just dirt debris? Regardless I suppose a picture is worth a thousand words so I'll have that by the end of the day.

I've been getting her to go through some forums and been pointing her in the right direction. She germed her first 2 seeds last week, so I'm thinking (or hoping rather) this might be enough to get her hooked. I got her to sprout them on the windowsill, and she's gonna look into what kind of lights she wants to put over them.

Hashishh

Not the best pictures of it. Seems it went away slightly. The white stuff is just DE so disregard that.
Can't really see the shine in the pics like you can in person. Almost looks like a splash of clear coat on it. Can only see it in the right light.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hashishh

So the neem should be here this week. I hope. Ive never used it and I got the "pure" neem. Any suggestions on mixing, spraying, how often, etc? I'm gonna spray this all the way till buds begin to form. Was planning to just mix in a spray bottle and spray every 3 days.

Hashishh

1 tsp per litre with a drop or 2 of dish soap. Spray every couple od days.

Right on Switcher, thanks. I just picked it up from the post office today so I'm gonna spray once I have a couple of minutes.

Gonna give this stuff a go on my veggie garden too. Got an awful case of aphids on some of our peppers.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Right on Switcher, thanks. I just picked it up from the post office today so I'm gonna spray once I have a couple of minutes.

Gonna give this stuff a go on my veggie garden too. Got an awful case of aphids on some of our peppers.
I'm glad I am growing indoors. I remember aphids amongst other pests when I was doing Bonsai. I even kept my tropicals indoors as, what little sun they would get, would not outweigh the pest damage.

Latest posts

Latest posts