What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sex Abuse In The Weed Business

oldchuck

Veteran
It's a good article. My first thought was, what, the growers are all men! (duh) And my second thought was, we need more women growers.

Croissant

I've known a few female growers but they tended to be former team leaders of groups of trimmer chicks and were some of the most manipulative people I had ever met and even as a guy I encountered a similar dilemma I had to fuck her or she wouldn't pay me. There was no one I could turn to or recourse at my disposal either. On the other hand I knew a grower chick that was like the nicest person I ever knew. Its those Regina mean girl types tho the "mamasans" that often get put into the category of passive victem whenever "human trafficking" gets thrown around. I like how the article draws attention to that aspect as well if perhaps not clearly spelling it out.

Somewhere at a pf changs right now, a manager is telling a cute hostess, "if you give me a blow job, I'll make you a server, and you won't even have to work takeout for 6 months first. If you don't want to, that's cool.. I'm sure you'll be a server and make the big bucks one day.. Maybe not soon, but some day.."

I knew a girl that was a bit whorish, and boned her boss to get a manager position at a Costco in SoCal. It was her idea. Was she exploited? Huffington post would make her out to be a victim for sure. A leftist always needs a victim. It's just basic psychology.

Wtf does any industry have to do with sex other than the sex industry? There are creeps everywhere, and then there are not... Open your eyes in the dark, and you'll see darkness. Open them in the light, and you'll see everything but darkness. Focus on a single point and you'll see that, or take a step back and look around, and see that same point, and everything surrounding it, and maybe even what surrounds that. Like a spiral instead of a dot.

"don't you have a wife? " wtf?? Bordering flirtatious if you ask me.. Why not," please don't touch me! " or better yet, " get your hands off of me mother fucker! "

I puked halfway through this poorly written propaganda article. I couldn't finish it because it was poorly written and went on forever.

Some old guy kept a girl in his basement for like six years. Will Huffpo demonize whatever industry he was in? I get that they need to write something, to fill pages, get clicks, and sell ads, but this isn't news, it's garbage. Or as someone else said "sensationalist Bullshit"

Croissant

When you start looking at populations of sexuallyabused people they tend to rationalize and normalize it and it can become away to have a feelinof control over those that exploit them and even a way they themselves !might exploit others because it is what they are familiar with to get their needs met even if those needs are perceived needs. It is the very fact they so often can not objectively look at what happened or is happening to them that I think points to how drastic effects of sexual abuse are.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Ive been to hundreds of farms, thousands of grows, had my own 50 man trim crew for 5 years...

I have NEVER experienced or seen anything like what the article is saying...

Nothing even remotely close....

I respect your experience, but... I have never actually seen a human die, and I'm over fifty, yet people do die every day, so...

Cannavore

Veteran
Ive been to hundreds of farms, thousands of grows, had my own 50 man trim crew for 5 years...

I have NEVER experienced or seen anything like what the article is saying...

Nothing even remotely close....

rqjip.jpg

sorry lol i had to. logical fallacy referee is my fav meme :tiphat:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i saw something on the viceland show Weediquette about this. i think the episode was focused primarily around women in the industry.

this one i think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SArDMJF2pk

I have watched that show too, it's pretty good. Better then some of the other weed shows they have had on.
I've watched one episode of Mary and Jane on mtv or vh1 it's pretty lame, but I'll give it a few more shows before I decide.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
who says 17-21 year olds of either sex have common sense?
even at 15 I wasn't stupid enough to do that but yep I do agree to a degree. maybe young people should be learning these things in school. ''common sense studies'' haha

the only positive thing abut the article is hopefully someone will read it and be more cautious with their own choices. be safe people, no matter what situation you are put in..

Jbomber79

Veteran
Northern Cali is pretty screwed up I know a lot of friends that saw some real messed up shit happen their from being shot to held up to being lured in by local females with malicious plans.. My thoughts are I would never want to live there even as a pot grower myself the threat of being robbed, drugged, or in friends case tied up and beaten almost to death over a few pounds is not worth the risk and I am a male... So to think a female would wonder up there alone looking for work is pretty troublesome... Probably had some major issues and so did Meserve apparently.. My advice stay the fuck out of the Emerald Triangle..

U

usually

the romantic love triangle is formally identical to the friendship triad

Croissant

It has less to do with love triangles and more to do with the local land owning population regarding the transient worker population or the labour as disposable commodities.

lollercopters

It has less to do with love triangles and more to do with the local land owning population regarding the transient worker population or the labour as disposable commodities.

Thats 3 groups. Makes a triangle. Its a fact People out rank locations. Thinking you can bond with people through a plant is just as as silly as thinking you can bond through god.

the-love-triangle1.jpg

Croissant

Thats 3 groups. Makes a triangle. Its a fact People out rank locations. Thinking you can bond with people through a plant is just as as silly as thinking you can bond through god.

View Image

The article covers it pretty well it is a function of the reality of the way the system is set up. I'm not saying its the landowners fault directly but more that it is inherent to the system itself. Its just those that tend to be on the end that benefit always make all kinds of retarded rationalizations to alleviate themselves from any sort of responsibility and it is that itself that is their complicity.

Also dude people bond through goods and services when the main economic good for a region is a plant then that is the main means through which people bond as it forms the literal infrastructure of economic social relations through which people relate to each other.

Last edited:

lollercopters

it is a function of the reality of the way the system is set up.

A hologram you mean?

The article covers it pretty well it is a function of the reality of the way the system is set up. I'm not saying its the landowners fault directly but more that it is inherent to the system itself.

If the person trying to work makes first contact or if the landowner does its still there fault on both sides if anything they don't like happens.

and it is that itself that is their complicity.
what does that mean?

Also dude people bond through goods and services when the main economic good for a region is a plant then that is the main means through which people bond as it forms the literal infrastructure of economic social relations through which people relate to each other.

I know that people bond that way. Its not much better then trying to bond with a new pair of shoes.

Croissant

No dude did you even read the article?

I'm not talking about holograms or god. I am saying that social relations are founded on a material reality that is a function of the social divisions and economic relations of the system itself I.e. commodity exchanges. From their we exist in a fantasy we use to mediate our relation to that material reality. I guess in a way though that material reality is god, the exchanges of comoddities that is and the fantasy we use to rationalize those exchanges is like a hologram I suppose.

Last edited:

KONY

Veteran
The timing of this article and this close to the election seems quite the coincidence. One could argue its because it's almost trimming season or is trimming season but i'm guessing the vote has more to do with it.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some assholes about.. You could have hired them under a contract.. Stipulating the terms if it was more legal. Anything to give cannabis cultivation a bad name hey.. It's saddens me these stories..

If I had that outdoor stylee to trim i'd likely use mechanical trimmers do it myself.. Some of the bigger farms 400 plants + would need to be staggered with genotypes @ planting but you could just get a refrigerated van with a scrubber and hang them up and do it after when you need to if you need to.. It all sounds a bit unorganised to me, speaks of growers that would risk everyting to show a bunch of folks the farm or to act big infront of no job some young pussy