What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Haze

C

charlie garcia

got it!

got it!

Must congrat you again Esbe... seems your cares and gardening skills made it possible, not only weather. If this is been possible I am confindence you can make line get used to your climate in a few generations. Its funny to see how pheno changes there and plenty of trichs are making it in the leaves like coat for the cold. Hope its smoke is good enough

Enjoy

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It's true charlie,

looks like bangi haze has changed a little bit her phenotype (genotype expression in a concrete ambient) when grown at esbe' cold climate. Flowers look smaller and leafier but very resinous. Maybe growing a few females more would have a better overall opinion.

Esbe, it'd be great if you can work to adapt bangi haze to Denmark! :smile:

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
thanks guys, you are right in your considerations. 14 more days of dry and "warm" weather would have finish her totally. would have loved to grow more bangis, but my space is small and i want to grow it all, hehe. in the future im shure i will rest with some off my favorite genetics, but i have to find them first. bangi haze for shure is among my future plans. for now i crossed 2 e-rocket(bluehemp) x danish passion(old dutch passion#1 adopted to danish climate for 25+ years) males into her, and i will spread those beans through our local seedbank and to other interested, so next year we will how they are doing.

C

crownedsparrow

thats really badass those plats esbe the yeild on that should be supreme.

The plant looks awesome, I'd be interested to know how the well the smoke turns out for you esbe.

I'd like to grow these indoor, followed by an outdoor guerilla grow in Ireland at 53N in couple of years maybe (hopefully less :)),
here we don't get much frost at all, so as long as these are mold resistant, and can stand cool temperatures it should do well. Should be first class outdoor bud (probably a world better than those dutch developed outdoor strains).

All the best,
Ganjabro

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
thanks guys, i think bh would be exelent indoor. smoke notes soon.

@ganjabrother, make a nice mom indoor, make cuts from her and start flowering them indoor. put the 3-4 weeks flowering plants outdoor around aug15. think that will give you great buds unless its raining all the time. bh is mold resistant, but almost no strain can take long bad 100% humid and rains for month

Spaventa

Veteran
dubi said:
Now is a very uniform inbred line which can we used to cross with other inbred lines,producing strong and vigorous F1 hybrids.

Does this mean that current releases of Bangi Haze are not as vigorous as the original F1 release? but have less pheno variation?

At this point would it be better to look at he new hybrids made using it?

Any advice please, as I'm looking for a nice new strain right now.

H

Hazeseeker

Hi Dubi,
Just about to start germing a bunch of Bangi Haze seeds :yes: , really can't wait to get them going, My mate just finished his BH grow this week and i have to say Dubi this really does look like a special strain, it's still drying at the moment so he hasn't had a chance to smoke any yet but it's all looking really good :canabis: , Hazeseeker :ying:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Spaventa said:
Does this mean that current releases of Bangi Haze are not as vigorous as the original F1 release? but have less pheno variation?

At this point would it be better to look at he new hybrids made using it?

Any advice please, as I'm looking for a nice new strain right now.

Good day Spaventa,

First time we distributed Bangi Haze 2 years ago was F4 inbred version, we has never distributed earlier breeding steps.

At F4 generation, Bangi Haze started to get its own personality and defined a very concrete phenotype expression. F6 was bred to stabilize even more main Bangi Haze pheno.

Despite Bangi haze is a highly inbred line, you can expect strong sativa vigour.

I hope it helps. dubi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hazeseeker said:
Hi Dubi,
Just about to start germing a bunch of Bangi Haze seeds :yes: , really can't wait to get them going, My mate just finished his BH grow this week and i have to say Dubi this really does look like a special strain, it's still drying at the moment so he hasn't had a chance to smoke any yet but it's all looking really good :canabis: , Hazeseeker :ying:

Hello hazeseeker,

Im glad to hear your friend is finishing a succesful and promising Bangi Haze harvest. You'll be able to try Bangi Haze before finish your own harvest, that's a great thing :smile:

Best wishes for your grow! Please, keep us updated! :rasta:

Wow

Wow

Bangi baby...we can't seem to control the smell of the best pheno we got..not in flower [she's kool there], but after the cure...can we say haze...like when a g stinks up the whole freakin' room for the longest time.

A different swing in palates of smell and taste...much appreciated.

BTW outdoor mold resistance like none other, even in N lat. on a bad season in an otherwise mold-ridden greenhouse, Finished 100 %, very frost resistant. Likes bat guano, loves guano teas even more...brings out that smell.

Thanks for the interesting addition to the sativa strain base.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
N. Accumbens said:
Bangi baby...we can't seem to control the smell of the best pheno we got..not in flower [she's kool there], but after the cure...can we say haze...like when a g stinks up the whole freakin' room for the longest time.

A different swing in palates of smell and taste...much appreciated.

BTW outdoor mold resistance like none other, even in N lat. on a bad season in an otherwise mold-ridden greenhouse, Finished 100 %, very frost resistant. Likes bat guano, loves guano teas even more...brings out that smell.

Thanks for the interesting addition to the sativa strain base.

Good day N. Accumbens! :smile:

Im glad to see you had a successful Bangi Haze harvest!

Bangi Haze aroma is strong and organic during late flowering, taste is earthy licorice (congolese influence) and aroma slighty incensey when it burns (nepalese influence).

She has been bred to resist very cold and rainy conditions in the cloudiest and wettest part of Spain.

Please, keep us updated with a smoke report after some curing! :rasta:

Thanks for share it! dubi - ACE Seeds -

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
beautiful, you shure bring the bangi to its indoor limit!

support the mold notes. its very resistant outdoor. lil to late for scandinavia in its pure form.

the ace dudes made something special with bangi haze.

wishing for more pix!

Last edited:

rifishman

The anticipation is killing me...

The anticipation is killing me...

Welcome all. Have my BH flowering like mad in an indoor top feed hydro. The cloning was very successful and have 16 beautiful fems on week 3 and another 24 on week 1.

I had purchased one packet of BH from Ace and must say I was impressed that 9 of 10 seeds produced some beautiful females of which I was able to begin cloning over a month ago.

Went from cloning right into flowering with 16 of the plants and they seem to be doing spectacular.

My second batch of clones (30 in all) allowed me to startup my new grow which will be an ebb and flow with 4 trays of 24 plants.

It took about 2 months of planning and building the room in the basement, but I am quite pleased with the turnout so far.

The new room is running a constant 70-75F and about 35-40% humidity. Must get some C02 for these girls to see how much better they will do with it.

Can't wait to sample this fine sativa as I have heard many good things about her. Also want to try some of the F6 to compare. If all goes well with this first grow, BH will be my plant of choice.

I can't figure out how to post pics in here. If anyone can help, I'll get some pics of my grow posted.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good day rifishman, :smile:

Im so glad to hear Bangi Haze is working fine in your setup and that you had a high female ratio. Honestly, we have never tried her in hydro (we are more organic growers )... so your comments and pics are more than welcome!

Im sure you will find Bangi Haze pretty consistent. Thanks a lot for your update. dubi - ACE Seeds -

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
looks nice rifishman
18187GR2_07Feb08.jpg

18187gr2_12Feb08.jpg