What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Butane Residue Test Results

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Puretane #2 had 0.006g of residue

Puretane, USA, 300ml/167g can, reads on the bottom "13339 (1) 34623 06324"

That completes my testing, except for Clipper 12X and London.

UNREGISTRD

Puretane #2 had 0.006g of residue

Puretane, USA, 300ml/167g can, reads on the bottom "13339 (1) 34623 06324"

That completes my testing, except for Clipper 12X and London.

Nice work man.. much appreciated..
And thanks for the info on that Neon 5x.. The guy in texas does not have the new formula like you mentioned..
Still trying to source the best/cheapest butane..I just can not see spending 400$ a case on some of these brands..

UNREGISTRD

You wont find it in a can :)

your probably right! I should have said the best/cheapest canned butane..
Im pretty sure this is what skyler was intending to do when we seen the gasone and cheaper brands..He went out and tested dam near everything for all of us.. THANKS again Skyler..

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice work man.. much appreciated..
And thanks for the info on that Neon 5x.. The guy in texas does not have the new formula like you mentioned..
Still trying to source the best/cheapest butane..I just can not see spending 400$ a case on some of these brands..

The guy I got a case of the new Neon 5X from is tml_ca at ebay, and the item location is listed as Davis, California. Let him know what's up and maybe he'll start vending larger than case quantities. I hope you guys don't take this as spam, here's a link,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neon-5X-Ref...527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a33ca39d7

Thanks for the good words, this has been interesting to say the least...

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You wont find it in a can :)

Bet you a quarter that the new Ronson I tested is as clean or cleaner than instrument grade n-butane. ;-)

From the head post,

Ronson #2 had 0.001g residue
Ronson, USA, 300ml/165g can, reads on the bottom "11713"

Ronson #3 had <.001g residue
Ronson, USA, 300ml/165g can, reads on the bottom "11713"

0.001g/165g = 0.00000606g of residue per gram of butane with residue

1g minus the 0.00000606g of residue per gram of butane equals 0.99999394g of pure butane per gram of butane with residue

0.99999394g of pure butane per gram of butane with residue times one hundred equals

99.999394% pure Ronson canned butane, I look forward to testing any and all bulk butane that comes my way...lol.

Ronson's available at my local Walgreens, probably Walgreens nationwide.

UNREGISTRD

He doesnt have much feedback..He prob got it from somewhere..
Can you post a pic of your ronson can? thats hilarious to think the good old school ronson is one the better..

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He doesnt have much feedback..He prob got it from somewhere..
Can you post a pic of your ronson can? thats hilarious to think the good old school ronson is one the better..

Pictures including the manufacture date

The new Ronson and the new Zippo seem to have identical cans except for the printing and color of cap. They are probably filled with identical product at the same plant.

Attachments

• 001A.jpg
    001A.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 002A.jpg
    002A.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 003A.jpg
    003A.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 52
A

AlterEgo860

I thought ronson was supposed to be crap.. jesus .. how about u just tell us. the best deal for our money.. on the purest product lol.. im so confused..

ive had people tell me power 5x is wat everyone is using.. then n butane is the new thing.. capital butane seems to be the best priced n butane.. on the market.. but iso butane.. theres so many to chose from. I want a clean product.. I really do.. but I don't want to spend a ton of cash on butane until I can afford to reclaim it.!

gunnaknow

In the UK, Ronson comes in a yellow can but like the US can, it too mentions that it's Ultra refined. Ronson never had a good reputation in the UK for extraction purposes but that may have been because it was associated with similarly cheap brands in a yellow can, like Swan. Or it could be that Ronson were indeed once crap and have upped their game in recent years.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the UK, Ronson comes in a yellow can but like the US can, it too mentions that it's Ultra refined. Ronson never had a good reputation in the UK for extraction purposes but that may have been because it was associated with similarly cheap brands in a yellow can, like Swan. Or it could be that Ronson were indeed once crap and have upped their game in recent years.

I wouldn't mess with that UK Ronson, especially with the excellent English/UK butane you have available.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought ronson was supposed to be crap.. jesus .. how about u just tell us. the best deal for our money.. on the purest product lol.. im so confused..

ive had people tell me power 5x is wat everyone is using.. then n butane is the new thing.. capital butane seems to be the best priced n butane.. on the market.. but iso butane.. theres so many to chose from. I want a clean product.. I really do.. but I don't want to spend a ton of cash on butane until I can afford to reclaim it.!

I suggest you take my Best to Worst list and go shopping.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6099306&postcount=28

Use the brand name when searching at ebay and Amazon, for instance, Ronson butane.

Print out the list to take to headshops. Have copies to share with the owners. TIA

UNREGISTRD

I suggest you take my Best to Worst list and go shopping.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6099306&postcount=28

Use the brand name when searching at ebay and Amazon, for instance, Ronson butane.

Print out the list to take to headshops. Have copies to share with the owners. TIA

If im not mistaken skunkpharm.com has it listed now! Not sure how i never came across that before...

And ive never heard of Meteor 7x butane either have you? I dont see that one on your list...

igby

Igby, do you buy London in Canada or do you get it shipped from the UK?

I actually found it in my local hiho, a small gas station in my town. I'm sure I could find a bunch of diff brands if I got off my ass. =) no I've never heard of whipp its

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If im not mistaken skunkpharm.com has it listed now! Not sure how i never came across that before...

And ive never heard of Meteor 7x butane either have you? I dont see that one on your list...

I found Meteor 7X, just more Korean crap, the Korean Vector 14X convinced me the Koreans at this time just aren't up to speed.

But, the same site has what might be some more very nice UK/English butane at a reasonable price, I ordered a case,

http://www.ronsonbutane.com/content/12-cans-comoy-butane-london-uk-near-zero-impurities

UNREGISTRD

I found Meteor 7X, just more Korean crap, the Korean Vector 14X convinced me the Koreans at this time just aren't up to speed.

But, the same site has what might be some more very nice UK/English butane at a reasonable price, I ordered a case,

http://www.ronsonbutane.com/content/12-cans-comoy-butane-london-uk-near-zero-impurities

I figured it was crap.. Im still kind of shocked about the neon5x from CHINA is good...Im almost tempted to buy some..
have you ever came across this site before? Im very curious if its greywolfs site or not?
I did not relize the comoys from london is Ronson...only 275$master case..

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You guys just might want to wait to order anything from them until I get my order...damn, for all I know they could be the Feds! ;-)

Graywolf, their home page revolving banner reads, "skunkpharm.com #1 BUTANE Wholesaler and Retailer"

http://skunkpharm.com/

I just gave them a call and asked that they remove the reference...

nakadashi

I figured it was crap.. Im still kind of shocked about the neon5x from CHINA is good...Im almost tempted to buy some..
have you ever came across this site before? Im very curious if its greywolfs site or not?
I did not relize the comoys from london is Ronson...only 275$master case..
I used Neon 5x before with bad results. It had a funky smell. The cans were predominantly black with some flame decorations. I was very surprised because I had tried before with just "Neon" a yellow can with red text, and the results were not bad. So I figured Neon 5x would be better but that turned out to be wrong.