What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mixing QWISO with vegetable glycerin...

Mengsk

Who knows honestly it may be a mix of proprietary "industry" information and/or various brands creating slightly different products. I have no basis to argue with the packaging but the store bought ones say like 90% thc and in my experience qwiso or the like is much closer to a solid than a liquid. Meaning more than 50% dilution. Now if you are doing large bho runs on whole plant material maybe the yield is much higher, as I have no experience with large cannabis industry processing equipment it is difficult to say. If you are careful with ethanol/iso extraction (filter paper, winterized vacuum or double boiler evap dust free) then use a little heat to facilitate mixing PEG400 that's the closest thing I've found to the store bought cartridges. VG and PG are bogus articles or are used for edibles or some different more complicated process, maybe used because of the nicotine vape industry. Ideally there would be no diluent/solvent but I don't know if people are doing that yet, it is unclear to me what this "cannabis terpenes" diluent is supposed to mean.

watts

ohms
Veteran
Well there's different methods and products you can use. Some of the expensive flavors are super concentrated so I suppose that's why it's expensive. You can even use PG based flavorings from companies like FlavourArt for example, they just require a few more drops. These are PG based flavours. You do not want any VG in your flavorings or solution as it will make your product separate. Flavoring cannabis juice can be tricky, especially fruit flavors. Marshmallow, doughnut, cream type of flavors seem to work well. You just have to experiment.

PEG (PEG 400): Polyethylene Glycol, dissolves concentrate best, tastes worst, need 400
PG (Propylene Glycol): dissolves concentrate well, tastes better than PEG, harsh throat hit
VG (Vegetable Glycerin), dissolves concentrate worst, tastes best, smooth and thick

PEG does effect the taste quite a bit when used in higher ratios like 1:1 and usually requires more flavoring. A trick most people don't know that I recently found out is that you only need 6 drops of PEG400 per 1 gram of concentrate to dissolve your concentrate and get it stabilized. Once that is mixed well, add PG to dilute to your preferred preference. 1:2 or 1:3 ratio works well. It's up to you what you prefer though. This method will taste much better than straight PEG400 or EJmix, etc.

Well there's different methods and products you can use. Some of the expensive flavors are super concentrated so I suppose that's why it's expensive. You can even use PG based flavorings from companies like FlavourArt for example, they just require a few more drops. These are PG based flavours. You do not want any VG in your flavorings or solution as it will make your product separate. Flavoring cannabis juice can be tricky, especially fruit flavors. Marshmallow, doughnut, cream type of flavors seem to work well. You just have to experiment.

PEG (PEG 400): Polyethylene Glycol, dissolves concentrate best, tastes worst, need 400
PG (Propylene Glycol): dissolves concentrate well, tastes better than PEG, harsh throat hit
VG (Vegetable Glycerin), dissolves concentrate worst, tastes best, smooth and thick

PEG does effect the taste quite a bit when used in higher ratios like 1:1 and usually requires more flavoring. A trick most people don't know that I recently found out is that you only need 6 drops of PEG400 per 1 gram of concentrate to dissolve your concentrate and get it stabilized. Once that is mixed well, add PG to dilute to your preferred preference. 1:2 or 1:3 ratio works well. It's up to you what you prefer though. This method will taste much better than straight PEG400 or EJmix, etc.

Thanks for your insights! Much appreciated!

Why do you think that the fruity flavors are trickier vs. the creamier or sweeter flavors?

Latest posts

Latest posts