What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magic Mushroom Grow Kit?

G

I usually only did two flushes, by the time the third flush comes, the tubs were more susceptible to contamination, I would have another set of tubs colonized ready to move under the lights...

I typically let them go until they either ceased producing, or there was visible nastiness present.

EsterEssence

Veteran
Once you see the nasty it is easy to spread it in the fruiting chamber, that’s why I try to get the tubs out before that, besides I use the spent compost to fertilize my girls in the green house. Cannabis psyadellica...

BudToaster

Veteran
Once you see the nasty it is easy to spread it in the fruiting chamber, that’s why I try to get the tubs out before that, besides I use the spent compost to fertilize my girls in the green house. Cannabis psyadellica...

this is the first time in 15 years the grow cab is empty - fuck 2020. i will rebuild it, better, stronger, probably not faster.

People plant the mycelium outside. Seems like they get shrooms from it
:artist:

i am going to do that ... just thinking where it should go. living on a riverbank with lots of tree cover and litter. should be a compatible environment.

BudToaster

Veteran
okay, harvested a couple more B+ fruits, and a few more stunted and gray specimens.

i am tired of worrying about this tray - i found a nice place to dump it on the Riverbank, covered with leaf litter ... will check it in the spring - kind of cold here now - mid 30s to 50s.

getting more substrate and going to start the Golden Teacher next.

0.7g of B+ is noticeable - above microdose level for sure.

BudToaster

Veteran
Hey BT,
Is that 0.7dry?
I could feel the effects down to 0.05g dry!
Best
CC

yes, all my weights are dry - 24 hrs in a fan airstream - ceiling fan is perfect for this - and at least 24 hrs with desiccant - almost crispy.

i am getting some desiccant packs (tomorrow) for the jars for safe longer term storage.

i keep trying to relate any shroom sensation to what i know best - i.e. cannabis. i have some issues to consider more fully. working up to it.

BudToaster

Veteran
just ended a magical (mushroom) week - family from out of town (everybody tested negative and we distanced) - combined Thanksgiving (Friday) and Festivus (Saturday) and a trippy Sunday.

i could get used to shrooms ... well worth the effort ... sent them off with about 150 "00" capsules with 0.2g per capsule ... we all really like the B+

Golden Teacher going into the monotub tomorrow.

BudToaster

Veteran
finally getting a second flush from the Blue Meanie tub - much larger shrooms this flush. bunch of pinners. i think i should have dunked the substrate, but didn't, so i am increasing the 4 times daily misting to 5 minutes.

monotub#2 now has Golden Teacher ... 2.5# non-nute substrate on the bottom, overlayered with 2.5# black cow manure + fully colonized rye berry GT + 2.5# bcm ... now the waiting begins, again.

BudToaster

Veteran
dumped monotub#1 under some leaf litter under a tree a couple of days ago. looked like the substrate was spent.

refilled tub#1 with my 4th and last spawn Qt jar, strain Z, with same layout as for the Golden Teacher (above post).

still too cold in the sh-room - if i can't maintain ~75F i may go to a Styrofoam cooler or thermostatic heater controller.

then i'll be done trying to optimize. seems like i always complicate things ... don't know what else to do when the room ambient is in the 60s, eh?

BudToaster

Veteran
Golden Teacher!

Qt of rye spawn into 7# of substrate on 11/24, switch to fruiting on 12/8, first pins on 12/12, first cuttings from first flush starting today, 12/17. initial cutting looks to be about 8g dry. will know this first weight in two days, as i continue to pick the fruit.

contact high? felt like i got a little buzzed from just handling and slicing the fruit and placing on drying plate. maybe it's just anticipation?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
That's great BudToaster!

I recently made a spore syringe from a 3 or 4 year old spore prints that I made myself. Got some pf tek jars about 3/4 done and I'm hoping for New Year tripping or thereabouts.:shucks: B+ and Nepal Chitwan.
Also have ordered an agar kit and am planning on doing my first monotub once i get my head around it.

It is also outdoor mushroom season where I am in the sub tropics and we have had heaps of rain. Thinking of going for a search this weekend.

BudToaster

Veteran
sounds good. i liked the B+ that i tried.

i tried a different harvesting technique where i twist and pull from the mycelium rather than slice the stem just above the myc. worked much better.

BudToaster

Veteran
sounds good. good luck for the New Year target.

i am constantly amazed (and pleased) that i went from zero to quality dried shrooms for pre-christmas visitors (all properly tested and negative for covid). sent them off with >100 microdose (.2g) capsules. my best gift giving ever!

my final strain of the quartet, Z, is beginning to fruit. A bit early as the mycelium is only about 50% colonized. i think it got some O2, or maybe just how this strain rolls.

first flush of Golden Teacher seems done. spray/soaked the mycelium to see if a second flush will happen.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
dumped monotub#1 under some leaf litter under a tree a couple of days ago. looked like the substrate was spent.

refilled tub#1 with my 4th and last spawn Qt jar, strain Z, with same layout as for the Golden Teacher (above post).

still too cold in the sh-room - if i can't maintain ~75F i may go to a Styrofoam cooler or thermostatic heater controller.

then i'll be done trying to optimize. seems like i always complicate things ... don't know what else to do when the room ambient is in the 60s, eh?
hello BT and psychonauts,
to maintain constant temps, i took two totes (they stack) and a fishtank heater.

filled one tote with about 2" of water and the heater and placed the other tote in on top where it pushed the water in the bottom of the bottom tote up between the walls of both totes sort of surrounding the inner one.
set the temps to about 72*F and colonized inside.
i had to ziptie the two totes at the top to keep the inner tote from floating which reduces the surface area. dark totes work best but clear totes can be used if you cover them or keep them in a dark environment.
party on...

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Got my first mushrooms about a cm long appearing on the most advanced pf tek cake this morning. From memory they grow pretty rapid so might yet get a very happy New Year. I haven't done this for a few years so am quite excited.:bigeye:
If ever a year needed to end with a mushie trip, 2020 is it. What a fucked up year it has been.
One cake out of five had a small infection so have planted it outdoors in a pot plant. See what happens. I am in the sub tropics and it is summer here so you never know.

I even bought a scale that measures .00 of grams as I am planning on giving microdosing a try as well.

BudToaster

Veteran
@Chi13 - yes, i find they can grow pretty fast - practically overnight. happy new year, but i said that last december and it didn't work out so well.

.00 gram scale is very useful - helps with thc everclear extractions, too.

my golden teacher is still producing. picked a shroom yesterday that was 26.5g fresh. decided the mycelium has been too dry and been spritzing it for the last several days after plucking and i think that has improved new growth and yield.

the Z tray is still tiny size shrooms when the veils drop. spritzing it now, too.

BudToaster

Veteran
okay, a note on the Z strain ... definitely the mycelium was not wet enough ... after i stopped assuming and spritzed the myc enough, up popped some large mushrooms. up to 2" tall. been sampling today's fresh picked ... more potent than the golden teacher, i think.

i guess the tell was that the myc was not very colonized when the pins appeared. same thing happened with the B+, but not as bad and not properly addressed.

fresh Z does not have the bitter aftertaste of fresh Golden Teacher ... ... small samples, anecdotal data.

Latest posts

Latest posts