What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6" Carbon filter: Vivosun or Terabloom?

Erliqin

hey guys, between those two, wich one is better? theres a $30 price tag difference, Vivosun cheaper than the Terrabloom.

Is the Terrabloom better worth those 30 dollars difference? thanks guys its for the tent.

Attachments

• 41bRP3m-2FL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    41bRP3m-2FL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 23
  • 51DQPB+8CCL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    51DQPB+8CCL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 26

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I don't know the other brand, but I use Vivosun and have no complaints. They last a year. They start to become "slightly" ineffective during their final month. Slight smell that I get every know and then if the wind blows it my way, and it is only slight when I stick my nose in the dryer vent LOL. My wife doesn't use and don't care for the smell, so I use her as my sniffing dog <--- no disrespect fort the woman I love here :) TBS, I did use an inferior brand 1 time that required replacement within the year, around the 9 month mark. One thing I do recommend however, is to buy a brand that offers pre-filters (sock) it does extend the filters life. Hope this helps :tiphat:

G

Phresh is the only way to go. I bought a cheap one after a few years of paying the premium for phresh and within a week had to place a order for a phresh filter cause the cheap ones failed terribly for a grow. There may be other quality filters but for someone in a non legal state and living in the burbs it’s one part of the grow I don’t go bargain hunting.

brickweeder

my vivosun filter needed a minor mod to prevent smell. The inner seal at the vent connection is lousy, so it was drawing in air from a small gap between the end cap and the outer metal mesh. I had to tape over this seam, and the periodic smell issue was addressed. Basically, vivosun filters are junk. I won't be going the cheap vivosun route again.

ElGato

Veteran
I've been using the Phresh filters in 6 and 10 inch for several years and have no complaints. They come with the pre-filter and have good lifespans.

my Phresh Filler has been going for 3 years. ..it's an 8x24 rated at 750cfm and I am pushing maybe 150-175cfm. I tell ya though, I have friends that don't burn or smoke cigs in my place and nobody has ever smelled anything since I've been using it.

Best filter ever for me and like said above, a good filter isn't something to skrimp on.

G

my Phresh Filler has been going for 3 years. ..it's an 8x24 rated at 750cfm and I am pushing maybe 150-175cfm. I tell ya though, I have friends that don't burn or smoke cigs in my place and nobody has ever smelled anything since I've been using it.

Best filter ever for me and like said above, a good filter isn't something to skrimp on.
I don’t keep them that long but I can’t see why they wouldn’t be fine. I just go about 12-18 months and preemptively replace them.

ElGato

Veteran
I don’t keep them that long but I can’t see why they wouldn’t be fine. I just go about 12-18 months and preemptively replace them.

man, I keep waiting for that day when I get a little whiff of stank.
I will replace asap when that happens - but it just aint here yet.

best filter ever

:tiphat:

Erliqin

yup I had a Phresh 6x15 400CFM, the thing is ridicously effective, inside the tent it will smell blocks but I wanted to stick my face inside the exhaust vent and.... it doesnt smell anything.. zero.. zip.. nada.. 110% effective.. I couldnt belive the technology I was staring at... crazy.

Mr Jay

Veteran
I've got a phresh 4x12 still going after five years of use with an s&p 100x fan.

Phresh is worth the money. Complete elimination of smell, thunderstorm fresh.

Latest posts

Latest posts