What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sweet Afgani Delicious ® ★ Test Grow ★ [by NotaProfessor]

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey NotaProfessor, hopefully these will get restocked in time to give them an outdoor run ;). Thanks for the additional info. as well. I really hope it helps your wife out. I know a few people with MS and if the BD can be a pain/stress reliever, musle relaxer then thats just another blessing. Can't wait to see you finish this up. Take care 1

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Yep, all looking very well and sweet :)

Seems like you're going to get a full closet, it almost looks like a jungle now. Can't wait to see them filling up ;)

Thanks also to Kant C Shyt, Tup_amaro and all the other visitors!! You're welcome my friends.

And yes Kant C Shyt, I also hope they restock this and other great strains from Sweet Seeds because many people ask me about them by PM and I can't advise almos 80% of the catalog because of the usual lack of stock in the ICMag "partner" shops. And because I'm not allowed to advice other shops here it ends up being a boring situation to clients here at ICMag and maybe that's one of the reasons why few people post diaries here in the Sweet Seeds subforum, because in other countries forums we usually have lots of participation. But well, here we don't have quantity but quality is as usual with Sweet Seeds, hehehe, and I'm very proud of the "Test Grows" subforum.

We'll keep in touch my friends, keep up the great work NotaProfessor!! I'm really enjoying it and I may not post everytime you post but I always visit this thread with pleasure everytime you update it.

Sweet regards :peppermintstick:

tommy

NotaProfessor

Day 37 Update

Things are going just fine. About 4 weeks left and they already look like this. I'm happy.

Group pic

You can see the LF and RF plants nicely.

Here are the back two. LR:

And the RR, with a close up of the cola:

Here's the RF cola:

Not really much smell at all. What I could smell was kind of funky, but now it's giving way to a sweeter smell. Still not very intense at this time.

The buds and their leaves are starting to frost up.

Thanks for stopping by!

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi buddy!

Very nice, I'm always impressed with the results growers obtain from Sweet Afgani Delicious S1, but this time even more, the plants look great, they are producing well and everything is happening very fast. Maybe the 4 weeks left that you preview can end up being only 3 weeks and a half or so. It's hard to tell without having a closer at the flowers, but they seem in their way to harvest, they'll get fatter in the next couple of weeks and then maturity will come very quickly ;)

I'll keep passing by to check it out, keep up the great work my friend, sweet smokes! :peppermintstick:

tommy

Ruosk

The plants in this thread look amazing. I love Black Domina for it's relaxing stone and nice yields. When can we expect re-stock on Boutique? I seriously need a pack!

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Totally agree Ruosk ;)

And about the re-stock on seedboutique many growers around here are asking for it but if you guys don't ask seedboutique directly they will never know that people would by this "product" if they have it and so they will never re-stock it. It's not very good that things work like this but as I can't advice other stores there is nothing I can do for you guys, sorry.

Thanks for the visit, sweet regards!

tommy

NotaProfessor

Day 42 update

As Tommy G has predicted, things are moving along very quickly. Buds are bulking up, everything is getting frosty. The funky smell has given way to a sweeter smell. Still not very strong unless I brush up against the plants and then everything starts smelling very sweet.

I took these pics yesterday.

Group pic

Right front

Left front

Right rear

Left rear

This is all I can show in this post (with the new 5 pic posting limit). I'll be doing budshots in the next post.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you're enjoying the grow as much as I am.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Day 42 update

As Tommy G has predicted, things are moving along very quickly. Buds are bulking up, everything is getting frosty. The funky smell has given way to a sweeter smell. Still not very strong unless I brush up against the plants and then everything starts smelling very sweet.

I took these pics yesterday.

Group pic
picture.php

Right front
picture.php

Left front
picture.php

Right rear
picture.php

Left rear
picture.php

This is all I can show in this post (with the new 5 pic posting limit). I'll be doing budshots in the next post.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you're enjoying the grow as much as I am.

Yep, all going on as expected, very nice NotaProfessor.

Keep it up my friend, I'll keep passing by!

Sweet smokes!

tommy

NotaProfessor

Day 50 Update

They've been on Sugar Daddy and MagiCal for about a week. They are bulking up nicely. Looks like a week, maybe, until they go. I've been a very restrained boy and not yet filched a bud to see how the trichs look under the stereomicroscope. Now that I've mentioned it, I'll probably do that later today :dunno:

Enough talk, here are some pics:

(I tried to post 5 pics. It would take 4 but in a Pythonesque way counted the fifth as 2 pics! 1234...6!)

Really, the pics do not do them justice. These are bud shrubs...you'll see when I have them stripped free of leaves in about a week. Smell is sweet with a hint of piney terpenes.

I can't wait to fire up some of this!

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey Notaprofessor, them girls are looking sweet :). Thanks to this thread and doing a little more research on this BD S1, I went on and snagged the last pack I could find on SB. Can't wait to try these out, hope they turn out like yours at least. Might still grab a Green Poison pack also and see how they work out for me this OD season. Looking forward to you finishing these girls off and the smoke report. Take care 1

N

nukkumatti

Very nice grow NotaProfessor!

I heard people were babbling about sweet afghani in Spannabis. Couple mates scored some from the friendly folks and all they said was praises.. Is this the one ?? :)

Looking very juicy !

NotaProfessor

@Kant C Shyt: I'd say you made a good choice.

@Nukkumati: I'm not sure (since I wasn't there) but Sweet Seeds is a Spanish company and their gear is popular there so I'd lean towards yes. [Edit: Tommy G will probably answer this for you.]

@jayd: Good question. I've been meaning to measure them. They range from 80 to 100 cm tall. (32 to 39 inches). The lights were flipped when they were 40 cm tall (16 inches.), so that's about a 2.0-2.5X stretch.

Pulled a couple buds yesterday and nearly all the trichs were cloudy, none were amber. Looks like a week will about do it.

I dried those cut buds in the food dehydrator and set them alight. Nice between-the-temples buzz with a bit of body buzz. I got a sweet taste that coated my mouth in the most pleasant way. I did it thru a bong so a lot of flavor was lost/subdued. (This wasn't a smoke report more than a cheater's look at what's coming in a couple weeks. A real smoke report will follow after a few weeks cure.) I'm stoked.

Last edited:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi NotaProfessor! :tiphat:

Thanks one more time for another interesting update and for your comments ;)

Thanks also to all the other friends that are visiting this first quality grow diary.

About Sweet Afgani Delicious being famous in Spain, I don't want to compare Sweet Seeds with other spanish seedbanks but if it's not the most well famed spanish seedbank it has to be at least one of the 2 or 3 better positioned in the last years. And yes, Sweet Afgani Delicious is part of the catalog since the seedbank was founded and it is very well famed now. It was even before Sweet Seeds was founded because the elite clone from Black Domina that gave origin to Sweet Afgani Delicious is known in Spain since 1998. Since then, one of the (now) Sweet Seeds breeders kept a mother of this strain and with the use of the STS method made a S1 out of it and named it Sweet Afgani Delicious. Then it became even more famous and has proved her quality over the years in Spain and also in other countries, getting lots of cannabic cups and making many growers happy, as we can see in most forums where we have a subforum.

So that's very normal that in Spannabis you guys heard people "babbling" about this wonderful strain.

Now, besides SAD, Sweet Seeds also have many other strains with a great feedback from growers. For example Green Poison, Cream Caramel, Mohan Ram, Cream 47 or Ice Cool (among others) are very well famed among growers who had the opportunity to try them out. And about autoflowering strains this is for sure one of the best seedbanks to go with... Just have a look at the catalog and at some of my test grows in the "Test Grows" sub-subforum ;)

Keep it up my friend, sorry for the off-topic, sweet regards,

tommy

N

nukkumatti

Thanks for the info Tommy!

i think I need to order pack or two.. Specially after seeing this beautiful grow

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Love the plants. I can tell you know exactly what you are doing by the looks of the grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts