What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jack 47 ® ★ Test Grow ★ [by shakenstar]

shakenstar

Hello to all Sweet-Seeds lovers!

Many of you know and like the Black Jack from Sweet Seeds. I like her too but one of their Herer crosses I prefer more.
Here I show you a small grow with a very beautiful plant from our spanish friends.
A well balanced hybrid, very productive, very tasty and with a nice stoned for sure.

:dance013::dance013:JACK 47:dance013::dance013:

This pheno was fished out of a three pack. The keeper had a lower stretch and a bit more yield. The look, smell and taste were very similar.

9 clones were in 7-liter pots and were feeded with Hesi.
They grew under a 250w HPS lamp in a Hombox S.
They vegged for about 2-3 weeks, were topped once and chopped at day 74.

Enough talking. Here are some pix...

veg...

picture.php

BT1

picture.php

BT 12

picture.php

BT 19

picture.php

picture.php

BT 25

picture.php

picture.php

shakenstar

...so finally the last day came and i took some nice shotz before i killed my girls
:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

...back in the box...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

shakenstar

..after one week i took these shotz...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

...another week later...

picture.php

:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:
picture.php

:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

Hope u like it as much as I do.

:party:!!!CHEEEEEERS!!!:party:

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi shakenstar!

Welcome to the Sweet Seeds subforum and thank you very much for the amazing work you did there with our Jack 47 :tiphat:

If you live in a country where selling seeds is legal let me know by PM and we'll send you some packs of seeds to thank you for this wonderful grow test to Jack 47. Also, I'd love to have this thread in the "Sweet Seeds Test Grows" subforum, together with my test grows. Do you mind if I move it into there?

Thanks again mate :thank you:

Hope you enjoy you sweets, kind regards, :wave:

tommy

drobdude

great grow! ive been interested in this strain. Did you get 270+ grams flowering them under the 250 watt hps? good work!

shakenstar

Thx to all.:tiphat:
Also, I'd love to have this thread in the "Sweet Seeds Test Grows" subforum, together with my test grows.
no prob. would be glad to see it there. For the rest i'll send you a pm.

Did you get 270+ grams flowering them under the 250 watt hps?
yes. No prob with this pheno.:dance013:
Even in this run i made some little mistakes. So I think 300 is possible.

:hotbounceCHEERS:hotbounce

growbie1

Hell of a job u did there man:laughing:
Very nice Setup. Beating the g/w with an 250 means u def. know what your doing.
How many times have u run this pheno before?
And will there be a smokereport?

Eugen

Mentor
Veteran
420giveaway
hi shakenstar,
growbie1 said it all.
good stuff, nice buds. :tiphat:

enjoy :wave:

shakenstar

:thank you:Thx again.:thank you:

How many times have u run this pheno before?
A couple times.
I love these girls! Easy to grow and always good yielding.

And will there be a smokereport?
Sorry growbie.
I'm not a fan of smokereports. Imho it's a personal thing. Not everyone feels the same

:dance013:
Here are some top cola JACK47 from another run.
:dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:tiphat:
sweet-smoke

shakenstar

Hi hellaskillz,

:thank you:

it's hard to say because I do not work with the fertilizer schedule.
I go more for the experience and the optical impression ​​of the plant.

:ying:
Supervit, Powerzyme & Root Booster you do not have to worry for over-fertilization, because everything are just booster or additions.

It's ok (but not necessary) to give them at full strenght!

:ying:

Best Regards

HellaSkillz

Thank you for the info on the boosters, I'll definately keep that in mind.

I too have five Jack47 seedlings and I have HESI nutrients. The problem is that I'm used to organics only. Do you think it would be a waist to add benificial bacteria while using Powerzyme and mineral nutrients? Did you feed every other watering? When you say "I do not work with the fertilizer schedule", do you mean you just follow the HESi schedule or just add nutes at different percentages when you feel nesessary?

Your yield and quality is quite impressive for 250w. I can't recall ever seeing a better 250w grow. I agree with Growbie1... you definitely know what you're doing. I hope I get a good mother from the seeds and I can only hope to come close to what you did. :D Any help would be appriciated.

shakenstar

thanks for sharing!

Your yield and quality is quite impressive for 250w.
I too have five Jack47 seedlings! I hope I get a good mother from the seeds.

hi hellaskillz,
:thank you:,
you won't have any problems to find a great mum, for sure!!!

Do you think it would be a waist to add benificial bacteria while using Powerzyme and mineral nutrients?

I have no experiance with benificial bacteria so i can't say if it's waste or something, sorry.
The only thing i can say to you is that i have not used it.

Did you feed every other watering?

I feed every watering, but it's important to keep your plants healthy. So they can use all the nutrients.
For a while after potting i only give water with root booster.
That's why one of the most important things for growing on soil is the soil itself.
The plant and experience will show you the point where they need extra nutriens.
Increase the nutrient solution slowly.
But it can be said that the Jack47 is a hungry one.

Let the genetic work, you will be impressed!!
:canabis:

HellaSkillz

Thanks for the info. Not many people fertilize every watering when growing in soil. I also seen a video on youtube where they used HESI nutes every watering in soil. It's something that I've always wanted to try but was always too scared of burning/lockout. I'm VERY interested to find out how you mastered it.

I guess what would help me out the most is if you could tell me about what percentage of the recomended doseages did you feed every watering or an aproximate percentage that you worked up to. Like... did you start at around 1/8 strength and work up to 1/4 strength or more? Also how often did you water?

shakenstar

did you start at around 1/8 strength and work up to 1/4 strength or more?

It's hard to say for you because it depends on which soil is used.... how much and which nutrients were used in the soil....
For myself with this strain and soil i start fertilizing about flowering day 10-15 with about 1/4 strength. Increase slowly up to around 3/4. Just be a bit more carefully with the P+ .....

Also how often did you water?

about every 2-3 days. If you're not sure just lift the pot.