What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sweet Afgani Delicious .:|:. Strain Report

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi mates!

Yep, I know what you mean. From my personal experience I guess you can get 2 different phenos. And even maybe a third pheno, not so easy to get, more like a mix of the other two, an intermediate. I had the opportunity to sprout some good 12-15 seeds and this opinion is based on that.

The 1st pic is from a less Indica pheno and the 2nd pic is from a totally Indica pheno, the "easiest to get" pheno. I guess your Sweet Afgani was like the plant from the 2nd picture, with the dark orange hairs, almost red...

picture.php
picture.php

The dark orrange hairs pheno in the jar and the last pic would be what I call of an intermediate, somewhere in the middle of the 2 other phenos. This one is less usual to "appear" but is also a very nice plant...

picture.php
picture.php

Would be interesting to see a pic from your plants, if you still have any ;)

Keep it high, sweet regards,

tommy_g

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
This is by no means any breeders fault.It is the mother ganja that gives you always a surprise when you get something that is normally recessive to pop up in somewhere...
This is excatly what makes growing soooooooo interesting

That's it my friend, mother nature (including mother ganja, of course) is not a 100% precise science, hehehe, one always get some surprises.

Let us see the pictures scai, see you around, sweet smokes! :biggrin:

tommy

Lung.Butter

I grew 2 seeds out last run, 2 similar structure plants fairly short xmas tree, main difference was the look of the buds. One was darker green with a massive central cola, the other was more orange. Both smoke very sweet, i like it.

S

scai

a03d071a33192a7b3974faa4da22911e_1056918.jpg

Here they are.
Squat one is a bit of a blurr, cos I'm not a good fototaker.
But I think you get the idea.
They have been on veg for month and half..I think.
Strechy one went to flowering room and squat one is going to have some nice organic teas, and wait a bit still.
They all are special, one way or the other, and I need to see them right to the end to see what they deliver.
Black Domina and S.A.D have a special place on my heart and I'll always have few of them around ;)
Mother nature has fun, throwing unexpected thins around ;)
Thanks Tommy ;).

S

scai

I must say, don't go loosing that longlegged pheno, it's branching like crazy and forming long colas.
It proving to be good cropmaker!
I'll probably keep her as mum..

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
View Image

Here they are.
Squat one is a bit of a blurr, cos I'm not a good fototaker.
But I think you get the idea.
They have been on veg for month and half..I think.
Strechy one went to flowering room and squat one is going to have some nice organic teas, and wait a bit still.
They all are special, one way or the other, and I need to see them right to the end to see what they deliver.
Black Domina and S.A.D have a special place on my heart and I'll always have few of them around ;)
Mother nature has fun, throwing unexpected thins around ;)
Thanks Tommy ;).

I must say, don't go loosing that longlegged pheno, it's branching like crazy and forming long colas.
It proving to be good cropmaker!
I'll probably keep her as mum..

Hi scai!

Thanks for all the feedback my friend :thank you:

Keep us updated, sweet smokes :peppermintstick:

tommy

S

scai

picture.php
picture.php
Just went to see lady longlegs.She is really impressve.
I remember my first Black Domina and she was like this too, going all direction...
Not this good one, still.
picture.php

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi again scai!

Thanks for the pics. Yes, it's a bit stretchy but I know that pheno and it deserves the effort. It's really very sweet :)

Keep us updated mate, sweet smokes!

tommy

S

scai

Strechy is not bad in my cabinets, infact I love the way she is coming up.
Nodes might be a bit far away, but I try to remember post the last picture of her, and I think it will be very rewarding ;)
Thankyou for sweet smokes Tommy ;) Good work with genetics.

itsmehigh

Hey guys, sorry for posting here, but maybe it could help others as well.

I plan to grow this strain in a couple of weeks, under 360W LED, do you know if it has high resistance to powdery mildew? Thanks.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi itsmehigh!

S.A.D. S1 is a very resistant strains, but you know that powdery mildew is very hard to deal with and there are no miracles. It will probably not be as affected and most strains, but if the problem is bad then it will unevitably be affected in some extent.

Good luck with it and sweet smokes! :peppermintstick:

tommy

Hi Tommy and the Sweet Seeds Crew,

I have started 4 S.A.D. S1 seeds and have noticed two distinct pheno's developing. I have read through this post and saw that there is a red Budd, really indica pheno and a green one with slightly more sativa in it.

Here is a pic of my little ones

on the left the two have green stems and look very similar to each other

on the right I have two with red stems and larger leaves.

I'll let you know how they turn out.

Cheers

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Hi fella, thanks for sharing!
SAD S1 ® is a really wonderful variety and would be very nice to see your diary here, in our Subforum ;)
Sweet smokes!!
jaypp

Midnite Toker

Veteran
Are you still there Tommy? Is S.A.D. s1 still the same stuff? I've been jonesing for some for a while now! Tell me it's the same as say, 7 years ago and I will be placing an order!:dance:
sweet growing bro, mT

SweetApolo

Are you still there Tommy? Is S.A.D. s1 still the same stuff? I've been jonesing for some for a while now! Tell me it's the same as say, 7 years ago and I will be placing an order!:dance:
sweet growing bro, mT

Hi buddy!
In principle it is the same. Normally strains do not usually change unless an improvement is found.

Sweet smokes,
- Apolo

Latest posts

Latest posts