What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WHITE LARRY X KONA SUNSET

picture.php

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I said screw it and planted my garden today. Well most of it any ways. 18 tomatoes plants, 7 pepper plants, cucumbers, kale, and chard. Tomorrow will be more kale, spinach, basil, and parsley.

It is suppose to get down to 47 then be above 50 every night till June 6th when it will be 49. So not frost in the forcast.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:good: alrighty,have to call it a good day...done with the trimming and everything gone already...tomorrow however when i go and give all the money out to bills/rent/groceries/mastercool....and some fancy new wheels!

but certainly makes you think...all that time spent going back months and months to cut the clones and root them all the way through flower...its a big chunk of time....

but worth it for some fancy new wheels...and livable temps in the house over summer...

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I want to get a mini split but I don't have enough extra power to run it. I would need to shut down a few lights.

When I ran my portable AC I mounted it so the front was the only part exposed to the room. The back was sealed off the hose was vented outside. The hose on these units gets super hot. It acts like a heater. That's why there so inefficient. You cant have a AC with parts that heat at the same time. You can wrap the exhaust hose with heat insulation. This is what I wrapped it with. It lowered the heat allot but it still got warm but not hot like it was without it.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermo-Tec-1...id=1527031255&sr=8-3&keywords=heat+insulation

Finding a way to stop the heat from radiating from the hose back into the room is a must

mini's run on extremely low power useage Hammer . my 25k runs on a 15 amp 220 volt circuit ..... thats it .

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:) if life was fair dan you would meet a rich widow who needed someone to grow herb for her in the state of the art grow room her husband set up and also take care of her husbands custom van collection for which you would get a free house plus a generous salary and got to do whatever you wanted with the excess herb since she only needs an oz a month and its an 8 lamp garden...

but back here in reality...

is that portable the kind with the exhaust line? like a 4 inch duct? maybe you just need to add a 4 inch fan and insulated ducting to really suck the heat the unit makes away...

wouldn't that be sweet !!!!! :bigeye:

but yeah its a 5" exhaust going to my 6" exhaust to the outside . its fairly well insulated with reflecktix & i don't have much heat escaping the back of the unit or the exhaust tube .
its just a POS that can't handle what it says it should ....

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't have any spare breakers for it.

couldn't you free up some space by using pancake (Tandem ) breakers or tying 2 circuits together that aren't really being used . even a small 6 circuit subpanel under the other one ...... theres ways brutha !!!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
When they wired my house, they ran 220 V line to each room for base board heaters. I removed the heaters, but make use of the 220

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
couldn't you free up some space by using pancake (Tandem ) breakers or tying 2 circuits together that aren't really being used . even a small 6 circuit subpanel under the other one ...... there's ways brutha !!!

There is no room to add more power. I'm maxed out. I would have to shut down lights just to add 5 amps. I already looked into adding a mini split. Not possible with my current load.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mornin campers...

think i will go pick the mastercool up today...the ll will be coming over so may as well grab it while theres a pickup truck around...and go down to the bike shop and pay for the wheels...bye bye ugly wad of cash!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
mornin campers...

think i will go pick the mastercool up today...the ll will be coming over so may as well grab it while theres a pickup truck around...and go down to the bike shop and pay for the wheels...bye bye ugly wad of cash!

goes as fast as it comes ..........

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
When they wired my house, they ran 220 V line to each room for base board heaters. I removed the heaters, but make use of the 220

i did that at my buddys house to set up his 4 tents . it had the wall mounted thermostats , just took them out & put a 220v 20amp plug in its place .

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I finally went and picked up my riding lawn mower on Saturday...:woohoo:

It is the exact same model as this one, and is in the exact same condition for wear and tear and looks...
But mine has a collector bag on the back of it...

It does great! Cutting my weedy yard was a piece of cake!
The grass had got up to knee height in some places, and this thing plowed right thru it!

I realized it's the first time in my life I've ever used a riding mower!
My yard is pretty lumpy, so it was a bumpy ride, but so much easier than the push mowers I've always used...

I know it's not a fancy, tractor type mower, but I like it!:biggrin:

Attachments

• 1255.JPG
    1255.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 3

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

It is the exact same model as this one, and is in the exact same condition for wear and tear and looks...
But mine has a collector bag on the back of it...

It does great! Cutting my weedy yard was a piece of cake!
The grass had got up to knee height in some places, and this thing plowed right thru it!

I realized it's the first time in my life I've ever used a riding mower!
My yard is pretty lumpy, so it was a bumpy ride, but so much easier than the push mowers I've always used...

needs bling! some chrome rims,maybe a nice velvet seat,a chain steering wheel and some hydraulics...chingon ese!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I'm saving up right now to get the same model with a titanium frame...

Then I'll start thinking about the chrome wheels and such!:tiphat:

Edit: Yeah, a chrome chain steering wheel would be a nice touch! I could find a used one and do that cheap...

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Very cool..

Very cool..

But mine has a collector bag on the back of it.

Out of Rep! Love your mower :plant grow:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I'm saving up right now to get the same model with a titanium frame...

Then I'll start thinking about the chrome wheels and such!:tiphat:

Edit: Yeah, a chrome chain steering wheel would be a nice touch! I could find a used one and do that cheap...

Maybe some Chris King hubs to give the mower that angry hornet sound.