What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organics round 2

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Taking charge of the garden Bmac. :) They all look really good. Thanks for sharing

diffusing

looks nice man, cant wait to see the outcome..

I've been using easybake for a year or so.. its not bad at all. I will try your additions next round on some. i find adding a decent amount of glacial rock dust really helps if you doing teas... but it might just be me. just something to consider if you are going to do another run with it.

keep the pix coming! :)

peace

Bmac1

Veteran
Thanks Diffusing. The Easybake is not bad at all, I just think I can improve on it. I noticed it a bit N heavy but maybe I wouldnt notice that so much if I were using a 1000W and coaxing more growth out? Who knows? The additions I made seem to be working out so far. One thing that I find intriguing is that I noticed some gnats early on. The only other time I had seen them was when using chems and once I saw a couple, they exploded almost overnight. I think the addition of the chitin in the crab meal has prevented them from taking hold. I still see the odd one flying around but never more than one or two and I havent even put up a sticky trap.

Bmac1

Veteran
Here we go with another photo dump. I had been putting in more support at day 40 and a branch on the glue was flopping all over the place and I really had nowhere to put it so I chopped it off. It was dry last night so I put it in the vap and man the power is impressive. I cant wait to get to the finish line and see how she is with a nice cure.

Here are the dry shots of the day 40 glue.

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the group shot at day 46. I am starting to re-think my additions to the mix. Last time I used Easybake, I thought it to be a bit heavy on N which it is and a bit light on the P and K. The first run, I only noticed the leaf curl. This time, the GSC in particular doesnt seem all too happy with the mix as she is losing leaves and not looking exactly top notch. I am also seeing a bit of tip burn on a few leaves. Im also contemplating just plugging new clones into the same pots when I chop as the mix may be a bit more mellow for a second run.

Group shot:

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Here we go with the GG#4 at day 46. So floppy but really starting to fatten up and it really stinks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Lime Cookies day 46. She is staying with the glue step for step. Smells great, nice and frosty, a little leafy, dense and supports her weight better than the glue. Cant wait to smoke some of her wares. Bit of purple starting to come through too.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
GSC day 46. The most finicky of the bunch and the yield is really dismal, lol. She smells great and is frosty as all get out though. She doesnt appear to like the soil mix. Not sure if she has too much of something or not enough but you can see that she looks a bit gnarly in the group shot on the far right. These pics are the best pics that dont really show the leaf issues.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like, like, like, like.

Almost had the GD yesterday. Soon me thinks. Kind of glad it's slow, I've been painfully reminding myself why I shouldn't put la petite bitch in small pots.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Perhaps you are letting the cookies soil get too dry in between waterings?

Was just reading a post by SirSmokAlot - and he suggests keeping her slightly more wet than other plants to get her to perform at her peek...obviously not soggy - but she performs better with less of a wet/dry cycle...

Or...is the plant directly in the line of heavier air flow / movement?

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Bmac1

Veteran
Hey DF. That may be the case. I had remembered reading somewhere that someone had mentioned that it liked to dry out a bit so I have been letting it get a bit light between waterings. She isnt in direct line of any ventilation so to speak.