What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone do yoga around here

amannamedtruth

Veteran
I try to get 1-2 hours in a day. Yoga is about flexibility, focus, balance, and strength, both physically, and mentally. Think of it as meditation in motion.

Properly practicing yoga can bring you great mental and physical benefit.

The best thing you can do for yourself is go to a few classes and see how you like it. You will be surprised, though, how much 1-2 classes a week for a few months can help you improve.

F

Folate

Having a lifetime flexibility maintenance program is one of the best things you can do for your longevity. Yoga builds mad strength.
F

I do a little bit of yoga every now and then, and I've always noticed it to help with my lower back pain. I really should make it a daily habit.

snuggles

Yes. I started with simple Asanashttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Tibetan_Rites
That was about 10 Years ago.
Slowly I started to get the hang of it and notice results, which led me to reading/learning about the different forms of Yoga and what it is.
Now, 10 years later the physical aspect of it is still important, but the mental part of it has gained a lot of focus in my practice.
The asanas you do basically prepare your body and mind for meditation, for which one should be able to sit still and not focus on the body and senses. To be able to sit still for a prolonged time while meditating is harder that it seems. So Vinyasa, Ashtanga and Hatha are just different versions for attaining the fitness to be able to do the "important" stuff.
It can be combined with philosophy/way of life or not. You can simply do Yoga for recreation or physical wellbeing.
Either way, it's an experience I don't want to miss anymore.
greets

Latest posts

Latest posts