What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Corn dogs and french fries

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
but dank

yep, I'm making my own

batter
1 1/4 cups gluten-free cornflour (finely ground cornmeal)
3/4 cup white rice flour, plus additional for coating hot dogs
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

add other seasoning as you like, I add a bit of beer and some sriracha, JUST A TAD

I buy real smoked sausages, not fucking hot dogs, and I blanch my fries first. Put fries in cold water with salt and turn heat to 1/4, let heat up and then go 1/4 hotter, and so on till at a full on boil, let boil for 1-2 minutes, then in an immediate ice bath. This will pull alot of the starch out and make your fries crispy. I then do a double fry on the fries, 3-5 minutes, until they get just hard at 325 degrees and then pull em out and dry them off and let cool. Then finish in 375 oil till they look good, 2-4 minutes depending on size of fries

I'm going to the store now, pics to follow

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
I only stopped by cause I had the hella bad munches.....

I only went to the store cause I was out of shit to eat here

but the problem will be solved soon

this is pure munchy food, done semi fancy

these are the dogs I got

sausages_front.png

should make excellent corndogs

the biggest help in making them is putting your batter in a tall glass for dunking

and don't use the basket, and hold the stick for a minute to let the batter set up when in the fryer

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
I'm diggin the home made healthier take on it! fuck those pre made processed pieces of pooooo. lol

Well how'd they come out? I'm assuming delicous.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
can't find pics, must not have happened

man when you are hungry the camera quickly leaves the mind/hands

they were great

so it is fried but at least it is actual meat

any sausage that is pre smoked is good for this, do not even think of using raw sausage

armedoldhippy

Veteran
oh man! good crunchy corndogs, onion rings, & a BIG bottle of good mustard for the 'dogs...God I'm hungry...

Latest posts

Latest posts