What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are you a seed hoarder?

Green_Skunk

I think I got the bug and can't stop looking for new genetics to pick up. I recently scored some Seed Junky Animal Mints BX1. Their Mimosa on IG looks damned pretty too but I haven't seen them listed yet. I Pretty much like anything with cookies or OG. Any suggestions for a good seed version of cookies? Or a very lemon tasting OG?

What have you scored lately or are looking forward to dropping soon?

Oh and HELLO ICMAG! :tiphat:

thejact55

Welcome to the club. Spent probably 2-3 grand on seeds and have something like 2000 seeds i have made. Can i use them all...absolutely not...but ill try :) i have my own dedicated fridge for seeds, not just cannabis seeds but heirloom veggies and exotic plants.

I am a more landrace based collector so cannot offer any advice on your favorite strains...cant say i own one of those types.lemon taste, i really like barneys farm amnesia lemon. Have pulled some lemon tart tasting plants with massive resin. 10-11 week average flower time. Kinda fluffy buds, but quality.

Hi my name is Chuckie and I'm a seedaholic...
and a strainwhore. Always coming across new strains in my circle.
I also do giant pumpkins and giant watermelons.
Welcome Green Skunk

thenewstyle

If you like cookies check out chunkys ogkb 2.0, he has a big thread on here.

I just scored some of his seeds and im glad to add them to the collection. Does anyone else document their seed collection in an excel doc? :joint:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I gotta give my kids SOMETHIN when i die! Lol. When i buy a pack i only pop half. Then 2 or 3 next time, i got 1-3 beans left of hella different kinds, plus hella packs i bought n never popped.

OregonBorn

I have some Lemon OG seeds from DNA genetics. It has an lemony fuely taste and smell. I am not a huge OG fan, I am more of a sativa junkie. But I like the lemon terpene kick of Lemon OG. Lemon OG is Las Vegas Lemon Skunk x OG Kush.

OregonBorn

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DEATHS FROM CIGARETTES:.......300,000
DEATHS FROM ALCOHOL:.............90,000
DEATHS FROM CANNABIS .............................. .............................. .......someone might die........someday
jerkit.gif
no.gif

[/FONT]

But but but, Miley Cyrus said that she stopped smoking weed because of a recurrent dream where she smokes a ton of weed before going on TV, and she dies from it live on the TV show!

That must be like dying from Cannabis, right? I am sure that the DEA will use it as a mortality fact. Cause of Death: dreamed of smoking too much weed and dying from it on live television.

rolandomota

Pine tar kush just because of the smell and possible taste the high not so much for high i like ace malawi and Malawi crosses

zif

Veteran
I saved most every seed from the mexi-schwag goin 'round town from around '93-'98. Ended up with a topped off quart mason jar of the things, and so decided to 'stash' it somewhere smart. Too smart, because a couple of years later I remembered that jar, but NOT the damn hiding spot!

A few rogue seeds escaped my dastardly attempt at banishment and actually got grown. A vey few of those plants were f'ing amazing. Oh well!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High,
Yes,
I am a strain collector.
My list is 3 or 4 pages long.
Some are getting old.
I need to stop but at times I just cant help myself!

Nup

Gotta start somewhere... So many out there it's sometimes hard to know what to pick up.

mushroombrew

Veteran
I had a gallon mason jar stuffed with seed bank seeds and dozens of hybrids I made.
Left the lot with a friend in HI last November. Moved to OR. Decided it was time for a clean seed slate.

Started feeling like I just had too many "ingredients"

So I am a reformed seed hoarder!!

I try not to think about that jar!!

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Normally not a seed hoarder. But I got this killer cultivar from a big seed run I did last year and she is just off the chart on both numbers and quality--but she got hit slighty by a hermie plant that decided a few weeks before it's harvest date to spread some pollen love. That bitch was 100% lady until the she decided--"nahh, gonna grow a dick and make some children".

So, instead of releasing the slightly seeded killer buds to my dispensary, I decided to keep them for my own smoke (snort, P-I-G, hog). Why? Because I didn't want some lucky patient to stumble on a viable seed of this special one-of-a-kind plant.

Strain slut? Yes. Seed hoarder? Not really, just insuring my slice of the pie will remain intact.

oti$

Ive been busted and had to start over from scratch, so i consider it more of an insurance policy. I definitely have a huge stash of seed, but i try to at least pop a few of everything i have while saving at least a few of each just in case.

Henry_420

A pheno addict friend of mine recently introduced me a platform called "Strainly.io"...
Was not convinced when he explained (did not get it actually :) ...) but went on there and it seemed like a decent alternate source to find different strains...
I did not complete any transaction on there yet but will probably give a try soon with one of the legit breeders on there.

Did you guys hear of it and what do you think?