What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks guys,
she was chopped at 9 weeks. A bit early but there were starting severe heat issues, so she had to go. Hopefully the cuts will root soon ;)

Cheers

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Here's my two sativa bagseed ladies.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

vermontman

OAXACAN GOLD X BAGLUNG NEPALI X PURPLE URKLE

Attachments

• AUGUST CF HARVEST 014.jpg
    AUGUST CF HARVEST 014.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 15
  • AUGUST CF HARVEST 012.jpg
    AUGUST CF HARVEST 012.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 18

vermontman

LEMON THAI
REPRO

Attachments

• AUGUST CF HARVEST 026.jpg
    AUGUST CF HARVEST 026.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 18
  • AUGUST CF HARVEST 029.jpg
    AUGUST CF HARVEST 029.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 22
  • AUGUST CF HARVEST 033.jpg
    AUGUST CF HARVEST 033.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 21
  • AUGUST CF HARVEST 036.jpg
    AUGUST CF HARVEST 036.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 19
  • AUGUST CF HARVEST 039.jpg
    AUGUST CF HARVEST 039.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 23
  • AUGUST CF HARVEST 047.jpg
    AUGUST CF HARVEST 047.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 16
  • AUGUST CF HARVEST 053.jpg
    AUGUST CF HARVEST 053.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 17

vermontman

JORDAN OF THE ISLANDS PURPS
One description says Indica another Sativa. The affect on this girl is very upbeat, cerebral, top of the head energy. The smell is Lemon pledge.
So, DONO

Attachments

• AUGUST CF HARVEST 056.jpg
    AUGUST CF HARVEST 056.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 18

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Yeah, I see what you mean Vermont... That looks like a frosty keeper right there, hefty yields\smells... If the buzz is good she is a gem.

Som 2

I've been following this thread for a while and thought I should sign up and contribute. In the late '80s and early '90s I was growing a lot of Mexican bag seed. Most of it wasn't very good - little frost, not much flavor or aroma. It usually had a fairly uplifting high and no ceiling though. I had one version of that which was a bit better than the others so I made some seeds from it, and that was my main sativa from '90 to '93 (I did have a killer indica cut from one of the Dutch banks back then). I was decent, but it wasn't what was considered "kind bud" back then so I kept sprouting more bag seed.

Eventually, after about 300 plants of no name bag seed, I ran across a plant that was obviously the Mexican all star. It stank as a seedling, but it was the only plant in the batch that was like that, so I crossed it with that sativa I had made a few years earlier. This would have been around 1993. The result was a high end Mexican sativa in the model that people remember - uplifting, happy, giggly weed that had a psychedelic edge to it. It wasn't like mushrooms but everything shimmered. When you walked around you felt about three inches taller than you actually were. It was frosty but it wasn't extremely aromatic. The buds were extremely fluffy, they were fluffier than any of the other Mexican sativa I had grown. At harvest it had a smell that I called Christmas without the pine tree - sort of a laurel or holly wreath type of smell. With a cure that turned to church incense and maybe a little bit of bay leaf or dried mint. Back then people really liked it, the Dutch indicas were becoming a big thing and had become most people's idea of what great weed was but good sativas were already rare so it had a bit of novelty to it.

I still have that strain. I now refer to it as Old Mexican Sativa. It is my one strain from the old days that I managed to preserve and stands the test of time. But that isn't exactly what this post is about. When I made that cross, I saved some of the pollen and froze it. After I grew out the Old Mexican Sativa and realized that it was quality, I hit it with some more of the original male pollen to back cross it to the more potent side. I only got four seeds out of that back cross. I never grew them out and eventually forgot about them. That would have been around 1995.

Last winter I was going through my '90s "garbage bag" of seeds that never made the cut which has been in the back of my freezer for two plus decades. I found the four back cross seeds. Three of them sprouted. I put them in flower 15 days ago. After a 23 year gap it looks like Old Mexican Sativa #2 is about to become a thing. Apologies for the low quality photos:

djimb

Veteran
Wow, great work preserving that Old Mexican F1 and the pollen/seeds for so long, Som! I can't wait to see how these plants develop. Is the other plant a female? are you making F2s, or just doing a BX? I suggest making as many seeds as you can on this run to ensure you have plenty of material to work with in the future.

Keep up the good work!

Som 2

I got two females and a male. I am also growing two females of the Old Mexican #1, going to do an open pollination of the whole thing.

djimb

Veteran
I got two females and a male. I am also growing two females of the Old Mexican #1, going to do an open pollination of the whole thing.

That's a really exciting project. Can't wait to see how it develops!

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Soon I'll update some pix of Mullumbimby Madness x BlackLimeReserve. Got some sexy Sativa Locos {Oaxacan xDurban x Ghani}. Early Durban\Mama Thai. Few little gems. I got a Seedsman Malawi male I bonsai'd in a yogurt cup too ill get some pix of lol. Might do a little pollen chuck'n on some of Scrappy's 99' Blueberry Sat bx if I find any indi phenos {I'm hunting for Sativa phenos}.

Som 2

I got some better pictures of my plants.

These are the Old Mexican #1 females. They were severely rootbound up until a week ago. I grew a bunch of them out in solo cups so I could choose the two most aromatic ones for the cross. Normally, the leaves are longer, and if grown untopped they will grow into the classic Mexican Christmas tree cone shaped plant. I am not sure if they will do that this time. These are F2s that I made in the late '90s. I have had good luck freezing my seeds. All of my frozen seeds from the '90s are still giving me 80% germination rates.

These are the Old Mexican #2 females:

It has been so long since I made the original cross that I have forgotten what the individual parents looked like so it is interesting to be able to compare the two lines and see what each parent brought. The #1 is P1 female '89 Mexican Regular X P1 male '92 Mexican All Star, so the #2 is (P1 female '89 Mexican Regular X P1 male '92 Mexican All Star)X P1 Mexican All Star. Knowing what I know now, I am fairly sure that the '89 regular was an above average line from commercial fields in northern Mexico and has a couple drops of indica in it. Based on the leaf shape differences between the #1 and #2, I am thinking that the '92 All Star was probably something from farther south that was already becoming an heirloom back then. When it isn't rootbound the #1 looks like a less modern and thinner leafed version of Jarilla de Sinaloa. The #2 looks like something different, I'm not sure what.

bestothebest

Realizing you need to open pollinate to expose the gene pool. You are doing what every person on here *i hope* knows is what to do. Props to you!:woohoo::tiphat:

vermontman

PURPLE SATELLITE
Oaxacan Gold X Baglung Nepali

Attachments

• 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 49.jpg
    49.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 76.jpg
    76.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 58.jpg
    58.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 84.jpg
    84.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 15

vermontman

I've been following this thread for a while and thought I should sign up and contribute. In the late '80s and early '90s I was growing a lot of Mexican bag seed. Most of it wasn't very good - little frost, not much flavor or aroma. It usually had a fairly uplifting high and no ceiling though. I had one version of that which was a bit better than the others so I made some seeds from it, and that was my main sativa from '90 to '93 (I did have a killer indica cut from one of the Dutch banks back then). I was decent, but it wasn't what was considered "kind bud" back then so I kept sprouting more bag seed.

Eventually, after about 300 plants of no name bag seed, I ran across a plant that was obviously the Mexican all star. It stank as a seedling, but it was the only plant in the batch that was like that, so I crossed it with that sativa I had made a few years earlier. This would have been around 1993. The result was a high end Mexican sativa in the model that people remember - uplifting, happy, giggly weed that had a psychedelic edge to it. It wasn't like mushrooms but everything shimmered. When you walked around you felt about three inches taller than you actually were. It was frosty but it wasn't extremely aromatic. The buds were extremely fluffy, they were fluffier than any of the other Mexican sativa I had grown. At harvest it had a smell that I called Christmas without the pine tree - sort of a laurel or holly wreath type of smell. With a cure that turned to church incense and maybe a little bit of bay leaf or dried mint. Back then people really liked it, the Dutch indicas were becoming a big thing and had become most people's idea of what great weed was but good sativas were already rare so it had a bit of novelty to it.

I still have that strain. I now refer to it as Old Mexican Sativa. It is my one strain from the old days that I managed to preserve and stands the test of time. But that isn't exactly what this post is about. When I made that cross, I saved some of the pollen and froze it. After I grew out the Old Mexican Sativa and realized that it was quality, I hit it with some more of the original male pollen to back cross it to the more potent side. I only got four seeds out of that back cross. I never grew them out and eventually forgot about them. That would have been around 1995.

Last winter I was going through my '90s "garbage bag" of seeds that never made the cut which has been in the back of my freezer for two plus decades. I found the four back cross seeds. Three of them sprouted. I put them in flower 15 days ago. After a 23 year gap it looks like Old Mexican Sativa #2 is about to become a thing. Apologies for the low quality photos:

<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77753&pictureid=1873214" target="_blank">View Image

<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77753&pictureid=1873213" target="_blank">View Image

Hello Som 2!
Stellar work! Great to see others preserving cool genetics.
Looking forward to your progress.

vermontman

MAKING PURPLE SATELLITE
OAXACAN GOLD PURPLE LINE CLONES,

KNOCKED UP WITH BAGLUNG NEPALI SATIVA POLLEN.

Attachments

• MAKING SATELLITE & G.M.G. 005.jpg
    MAKING SATELLITE & G.M.G. 005.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 16

vermontman

PURPLE SATELLITE
X PURPLE URKLE

Attachments

• MAKING SATELLITE & G.M.G. 021.jpg
    MAKING SATELLITE & G.M.G. 021.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 19
  • MAKING SATELLITE & G.M.G. 025.jpg