What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sacred Seeds Skunk #1 in 1980

CannaZen

That's fantastic, If I'm not mistaken i was under the assumption the Skunk #1 was fairly homogeneous but do you think the 'ancestral' stock is very different?

Last edited:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
If its old enough, for sure. I believe Sam said he has seeds about 30-35 years old in a freezer, but I could be off by 5-10 years.

herbgreen

Veteran
'ancestral' stock time frame

Sam said they were kept in a fridge 4 degrees C or about 40 F

Quote:
.Originally Posted by Chimera
Let me clarify a misperception - these seeds were reproduced on a 2 acre plot in Europe from the seeds imported from California -these are not the made-In-California seeds! These are a relative open pollination with roguing to remove off-types of both females and males, derived directly from planting the seeds from California. Rob Clarke and Sam walked the fields and pulled the un-selected males and off-type females themselves, if memory serves these were from a project one in 91-93, but I will have to check with Sam and Rob to confirm the exact dates, I wasn't there. As far as scent goes, of course this is not going to be a narrow pool with a single genotype for smell, being an open pollination, there are going to be a range of scents, from skunk to sweet.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=345588&page=51

BerrySeal

Sam is too busy trying to undo his mistakes from the past. Busy praying in church. Remember everything you ever heard from that phony. Because we be sequencing genomes and shit these days, all these pioneers of legal weed, the literal rapists and thieves, all children of prohibitionists, none of their stories add up. Yay science!

acespicoli

Sam whats the pedigree of sk
Wonder how many times
hes answered that question over the last 40 years :tumbleweed:

biglaugh.gif

nice pictures mj and I know exactly what it feels like

to see tracks or hear choppers...sketchy, thx for saving and sharing

:plant grow: :tiphat:

more pictures to come ?