What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w HPS/MH ~AK48~ DWC ScrOG

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
It's nice when they start bustin loose.. :woohoo:

:listen2: pH pens are nice over chem testing..pH meters are nice for hydro..just make a hole in the res lid..
drop the meter probe in and pH is always on reading so you can easily fine tune..
Even for soil I like having it around to leave in the nute water so I can see when it stabilizes..
Some organic ferts like Earth Juice will send pH soaring down when you first add it...it takes a few hours for pH to stabilize & come back up..
Like hydro the next res change should be mixed and stable before it ever reaches the plants...food for thought..
My :2cents:

acidfire

Nice looking setup! :joint:

Sorry to hear about your mothers, hopefully both of your clones will explode in the next week or so.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
p2p, you've convinced me, i'll get a pH meter asap. It should arrive a few days after my tds meter.

Acid, thanks for the comment.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
DAY 17 (Vegetative DAY 10)
83 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
Ph: 6, Temp: 80 F, PPM: :confused:, Humidity: :confused:

Sorry for the delayed update. Im still waiting for my meters (ph & tds), i dont know what the hell is going on. Untill then, i will be very reluctant to add more nutes.

Theyre looking great, kinda impressive for only 10 days of veg. I FIM'd some of the tops of both plants. Hopfully i'll get 3 or more new tops on each FIM'd top.

Today the smell became noticable, kind of a musky cherry smell. I dont know what i'll do for oder control.

Both Plants:

Plant 2:

Plant 1:

Plant 1 roots:

Plant 2 roots:

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
DAY 23 (Vegetative DAY 16)
77 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
Ph: 5.5, Temp: 79 F, PPM: :confused:, Humidity: :confused:

Damn, theyre flying! Compare them with the pics from the last update.

10152IMG_0477.jpg

Last edited:
G

You will see crazy growth at this time. This is one of the reason's hydro is so great!

Keep it up.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Yep, those two plants are clones. I attempted to make 10 clones but 8 of them died because i used oasis cubes. I had to learn the hardway that oasis cubes sucks for cloning. I couldnt make anymore that time, because my mother plant died sometime later.

But yesturday I took clones from the two plants growing right now: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=28332

Hopefully they'll root and i can place them in the other 4 netcups b4 flowering, or just grow them in separate pots. I've had 90% success with wick cloners b4, so i'm pretty sure i'll be happy with the outcome.

Last edited:

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
Bet there's a whole lot of probe'n goin on over there right now.. :moon: :biglaugh:

If the TDS pen has multiple conversion factor settings, use TDS 442 (@ 0.7 multiplier x EC) for PPM..that can screw you up if it was at 0.5 or so..
Setting=442 chart or 0.7 for water conversion..the multiplier actually increases as EC goes up..but in the range you are usually reading..0.7 is close enough..
The pen only measures EC..needs to be converted to TDS..some pens are set up on the 442 chart only..no other settings..
You probably already knew that..if not or so just some FYI.. :wave:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
DAY 25 (Vegetative DAY 18)
75 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
Ph: 5.51, Temp: 78 F, PPM: 438 @ .5, Humidity: :confused:

Sorry no pics, but today is the first day i measured the hydro system with a ph and tds meter. Turned out my pH was at 6.28, and my ppm was 401! wow that sucks! I'm never going back to pH indicators, EVER! Now all i need is a hygrometer.

So i just re-adjusted the pH to 5.51 and my ppm went up to 438. 438 is still too low especially during this time. The res should be at 1000 ppm! No wonder my plants were looking a little depleted. So over the next few days i'll bring the res up to 1000 ppm and readjust the ph if i have to.

I've also added a 200 gph submersible pump to help spread airbubbles and get the root system stronger.

This is a feeding chart for GH's Maxi series, i'll be following this from now on:

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Thanks for the info p2p.

I just found out that my meter uses the NaCl conversion factor, so from what you said, i should convert that to the 442 factor? (1uS=500ppm NaCl=700 442)

Last edited:
Heya Pontiac, looking good so far. Hydro looks like it could be alot of fun. And they look like they are growing really fast! It'll be nice to see how they respond to the increased ppm. I actually do some hydro, a bit of bubble cloning =D, other than that, I couldnt give you any advice. P2P gots you covered! =)

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Hey thanks bud, hydro is alot of fun. imho, its very low maintanance if you have a pH and TDS meter. With out the meters, i've found it to be extrememly difficult to feed the plants. btw, your grow kicks ass!

I found out that american TDS meters uses the NaCl conversion factor (HM digital, Hanna etc.), which is the most accurate factor for measuring levels in a hydro system. But most of the world is used to using the 442 factor (Truncheon), so you just have to multiply the NaCl number with 1.4 to get the 442 number.

Last edited:
Dood, thank you for the compliment, since the site went down, alot of stuff going on in the bloom room. I'll prolly post an update today or tommorow.

And how about yours?! Lets see some pics of those girls, they must be monsters!!

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
DAY 34 (Vegetative DAY 27)
66 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
Ph: 5.2, Temp: 75 F, PPM: 649 @ .5, Humidity: :confused:

Wow, they got pretty damn big!

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Hahaa, i got ALOT of updates bro, stay tuned! Cant wait to see your update! :joint:

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
DAY 35 (Vegetative DAY 28)
65 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
Ph: 5.2, Temp: 70.5 F, PPM: 735 @ .5, Humidity: 80%

Check out the growth difference one day can make.

Temps went way down, because it was abnormaly cold outside today. I also got a new thermometer/hygrometer today. Cost me only 4 bucks at HD. Humidity is high because the ventilation system is off.

Today is the last day of VEG, tommorow i'm going to switch to the halide (12/12) and add bloom nutes.

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
DAY 39 (Flowering day 4)
61 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
Ph: 5.09, Temp: 90.5 F, PPM: 700 @ .5, Humidity: 47%

Im LOVING the growth! I FIM'd the shit out out all the tops, so hopefully i'll get 3-5 new ones.

Temperature is really high though, i'm gonna need to make improvements to the ventalation system. That means i'll have to cut out bigger intakes, and add some ducting thats hooked up to the exhaust and place it near the HID.

Lights on:

Lights off:
10152Bloom_Day_4_a.jpg

Surrounding Temps and Humidity:

400w Halide:

Crowmax said:
Looking good, happy flowering pontiac :D
Thanks for the comment!^^^

Last edited: