What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

M.O.B (Mother Of Berry)

browntrout

Veteran
Currently have the S1's outdoors recieving pollen from my blue durban chitral males.

Some are quite branchy and clone like with small leaves for a seed plant, some a more pole like and look like a seed plant. Purple and green phenos. Slight variation in leaf formation. Not overly uniform for S2 which makes me think the clone was originally and F1 or F2 when it was cut so long ago.

Will post pics when i can.

browntrout

Veteran
MOB

Most BB smelling pheno (75% BB 25% Wild Berry)
picture.php

Clone-like vs Seed-like growth
picture.php

Clone-like plant un-topped - Much more stringy and branchy than the others
picture.php

highsteppa

Veteran
I agree on the mob being a low yielder...It does alright but needs it'd be vegged so much. I love the smell and flavor though, very unique strong. we've grown some x's to freezeland and the ones that carried the more sat dom freeze structure sized up ok but still not huge.Mostly mid sept-20th phenos. if done right ouside, mob should be done in a week maybe even a little earlier. Do any of the s1, s2 seed inherit the early flower trait?

I have some blueberry sativa (10-14 weeker) raining pollen on one now... looking to get a better buzz an shorten the bb sat flower time In the past have done others : mob x allagash, mob x (chem d x og/dog/og)....haven grownthe kush cross yet but the others have had strong mob dominant funk. not all but some. A buddy has a mob freeze this seasone thats mostly berry with pine background. yum:)

browntrout

Veteran
The S1 / S2's do not carry on the early flower trait. I am sure if you cloned it, it would be 2-3 weeks earlier.

Freezeland x MOB would be killer outdoor!!! any pics?

highsteppa

Veteran
Sorry no pics, but they produced some nice plants. There were 3 cuts going around our area: a mob dominant one called "papaya" that had frost well out onto the big fan leaves, another that was like a super freeze-mostly freeze but with the mob frost almost pure pine with some of that berry funk, and one other that was a close dead ringer for the mob on a bigger frame.

I still have some of the f1 cross. These were going back a ways, before the cut was everywhere.

browntrout

Veteran
Sorry no pics, but they produced some nice plants. There were 3 cuts going around our area: a mob dominant one called "papaya" that had frost well out onto the big fan leaves, another that was like a super freeze-mostly freeze but with the mob frost almost pure pine with some of that berry funk, and one other that was a close dead ringer for the mob on a bigger frame.

I still have some of the f1 cross. These were going back a ways, before the cut was everywhere.

Sounds killer! would love to try them someday.

I will try and find a camera later in the season for better pics.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Mob...... these to got a long veg ahead of them... 3 n largest is gettin rushed into flower asap... :)

browntrout

Veteran
Girls are budding along, full of seed. Very BB/Berry smelling Loving it!!!!. Tried so many blueberries and this trumps them in smell.

Some pics of the highrise show's some yielders. Im sure it would yeild much better unseeded.

Colors ranging from Move/lavendar, Dark purple, pink and lime green.

The greens are bit more Dry cereal/candy blueberry-esque

and the purples/pinks/lavenders are more blueberry/berry jam.

Seems like the smell would translate to taste as well.

Pumped to be breeding them to my blue durban chitral.

sith44

M.O.B. ---> Was originally Bubblegum crossed with AK/47 .......developed in Denmark -Sweden and Lovell Maine. Came from Los Angeles. The cut was given to some dickheads in Bethel (lying assholes btw), who renamed it M.O.B. Was originally known in Maine for being great outdoors that finished very early...but WOULD mold if left out too long. Very big yielder with low veg time.

No Rhode Island origins, and it was never perfected in Portland, Maine. The Maine Wood Boogers started developing this strain in Maine in 2006 along with Fruit Sour (killer cross but hermied everytime) and Swurple.

Anyone who wants to tell you different hasn't a clue. It's just renamed Bubblegum/AK.

And it's only a low yielder if you guys fucked it up over time.

highsteppa

Veteran
Interesting to read, esp being close by. I never saw it being a huge yielder with low veg. Are you saying it stretches? Anyway smoked my first joint of it yesterday. Peace

browntrout

Veteran
The Mob's are losing the BB candy/cereal smell but maintaining a Berry jam aroma with the new addition of a kush bottom end.

Very interesting, wasn't expecting that.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
M.O.B. ---> Was originally Bubblegum crossed with AK/47 .......developed in Denmark -Sweden and Lovell Maine. Came from Los Angeles. The cut was given to some dickheads in Bethel (lying assholes btw), who renamed it M.O.B. Was originally known in Maine for being great outdoors that finished very early...but WOULD mold if left out too long. Very big yielder with low veg time.

No Rhode Island origins, and it was never perfected in Portland, Maine. The Maine Wood Boogers started developing this strain in Maine in 2006 along with Fruit Sour (killer cross but hermied everytime) and Swurple.

Anyone who wants to tell you different hasn't a clue. It's just renamed Bubblegum/AK.

And it's only a low yielder if you guys fucked it up over time.

Any proof to these claims????//?
I grew ak for hella yrs crossed it to a few things... n have a hard time believing its in mob.....

Z

Ziggaro

Mob doesn't yield? Not what I hear.. they call this cut money on branches because its fast and yields. Hard to believe it's ak bubblegum

highsteppa

Veteran
the lower yields indoors are more about it needing to bvegged long with multiple toppings. Outdoors they don't get big, but yield nicely for the size of the plant.

Coming in at second week in sept, there isn't any outdoor that looks or smells like it. Though true that it has no mold resistance

74G

thjs Cannawolf we discuss about that strain in the strain gunter club ;-) i remember it vut i didn't had the chznce to taste it though ;-!!!