What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OMG!! New Dope Plant Doesn't Get People Stoned!!

T

TribalSeeds

I thought the Mexicans invented weed that doesnt get you high, way back in the day

S

SeaMaiden

he didn't invent anything imho

most of the modern medical movement are working with the same gene pools gotten from the same commercial or mainstream sources

there are weeds out there for every ailment and don't let science fool you otherwise

many of those high cbd are tropical long running and dont appeal to commercial markets
I say not just weeds, look to the sea as well. Sponges and tunicates, corals and corallimorphs jellyfish anemones. What the fugu...?? Fungi hold untold potential here, too.

We're not talking about the commercial market when we're discussing low THC varieties, are we? The flowering time issue can be selected out if there's an ability to do it at scale, too.

The main thing these scientists were able to do was get it published, and in the world of veracity that can mean a lot.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
SeaMaiden, read my post please. there are no scientists behind Tikun Olam... shit, if you search in youtube, you'll even see a canadian breeder in their greenhouse discussing how his strains are being grown by Tikun Olam for patients.

yeah, big-shot scientists that invent plants need to buy seeds from the internet.

this is all a media-fiasco, as usual.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SeaMaiden, read my post please. there are no scientists behind Tikun Olam... shit, if you search in youtube, you'll even see a canadian breeder in their greenhouse discussing how his strains are being grown by Tikun Olam for patients.

yeah, big-shot scientists that invent plants need to buy seeds from the internet.

this is all a media-fiasco, as usual.

"Scientists" or not, I'm glad to see that there is more work being done on high CBD/ low THC strains. This appears to be where the most medical benefit resides, and is completely at odds with the intent of virtually all commercial breeding efforts. Strain development has come along pretty handily with minimal input from "real scientists".

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
"Scientists" or not, I'm glad to see that there is more work being done on high CBD/ low THC strains. This appears to be where the most medical benefit resides, and is completely at odds with the intent of virtually all commercial breeding efforts. Strain development has come along pretty handily with minimal input from "real scientists".

you make a valid point; sure, breeding a high cbd and low thc strain has its specific medical purposes, and many people have tried to do it before too.

but to go from that to claiming that this breeding was actually inventing, and that it was done by scientists instead of cannabis-growers, is a bit too much.

why can't journalists get things right? it does not really matter the subject, they are always fucking up, it's ridiculous.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, it is a real eye-opener when you have personal knowledge of how something went down, and then see the reporting after the media gets ahold of it. There is frequently no resemblance. As we continue to see with all of the "news", the media's de facto function is to perpetuate the media.

Tel aviv researchers

Tel aviv researchers

good for israel i guess :biglaugh:

the illegitimate cancer that it is,,

Maybe it's not for you homie

travel-graphics-200_428297a.jpg

Tikkun olam ... To heal and mend

Tikkun olam ... To heal and mend

Compassion, with dignity

Tel+Aviv+Gay+Pride.jpg

SourPurp

OMG!!! Will people stop acting like THC is BAD! It's fucking kick-ass. It induces apoptosis (programmed cell death) in all manner of cancer cells, it takes you high when your feeling low, it makes you hungry when you don't normally care about eating, it helps put you right to sleep when you need to...it's FUCKING INCREDIBLE along with ALL the OTHER CANNABINOIDS. Stop dissing one or the other people! The entire plant is magnificent and incredible to a degree with cannot be sufficiently described with mere words. Ok?

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
hold on they invented it but it seems to have no medicinal properties if people are coming back saying they have been duped. A medical user wants his pain to go away if this does that then they wouldnt be coming back saying you tricked me they would come back asking whats different.

to be this seem to me like they succeded at makin hemp structure like MJ... but seems wierd all around.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OMG!!! Will people stop acting like THC is BAD! It's fucking kick-ass. It induces apoptosis (programmed cell death) in all manner of cancer cells, it takes you high when your feeling low, it makes you hungry when you don't normally care about eating, it helps put you right to sleep when you need to...it's FUCKING INCREDIBLE along with ALL the OTHER CANNABINOIDS. Stop dissing one or the other people! The entire plant is magnificent and incredible to a degree with cannot be sufficiently described with mere words. Ok?

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! Lol. And what would you suggest if I want to get the pain down to a manageable level so that I can be productive and feel halfway decent, but don't feel like getting high at that point? Apparently we shouldn't have indica's and sativa's either, just whichever one happens to be your favorite. Perhaps you should consider that there might actually be some valid viewpoints other than your own.

dddaver

Veteran
I think it's just semantics and a poor choice of words by inept writers. You can't "invent" something that occurs naturally. Maybe "discover" would have been better. But whatever, low THC high CBD strains have been available for awhile. Ask any dispensary or caregiver. This is just another.

This stuff may have it's place and may help specific ailments, but the fact is that there ARE medicinal properties in THC and they always have a need to be in medicines. No matter what, the hundreds of compounds in the cannabis plant and particular combinations of those compounds found within the plant can never be synthesized.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
hey, i'm for anything that might help someone out that has cancer, geez.

won't work for patients that require e.g. appetite stimulation, sleep, etc.

it makes me think about a point i read recently though. pushing for legalization solely on a medical basis was a good wedge strategy, and a totally legitimate cause on its own. but, people still have to battle on other fronts too, mainly responsible recreational use. i also don't like the tax revenue argument ... who the hell wants to hand the gov't another reason to stick their hands in our pockets??? maybe sales tax like anything else. no tax tho' if you grow your own. just like wine.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Even Zionist have there own strain now. How fitting they take the THC out of the plant and swear they invented something. I expect nothing less

ForestBuds

I am not really worried about that. The cat is a little less than three quarters out of the bag with a 20 foot cave to emerge out into the light. The internet will stop them cold in track with the truth. We all have individual unalienable right to decide for ourselves. All entities must honor and oblige with natural law. True unadulterated cannabis is here to stay. Icmagers and others are it's protectors.

:greenstars:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Even Zionist have there own strain now. How fitting they take the THC out of the plant and swear they invented something. I expect nothing less

Israeli scientist identified thc as the active chemical in cannabis back in the 50's or 60's. But he was still a 'Zionist" so....:woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts