What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mendocino Deputy DA Busted for Growing Pot

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
This interesting news caught my eye this morning in the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat, written by Glenda Anderson.

A Mendocino County prosecutor is being investigated in connection with a marijuana cultivation operation at his Ukiah-area home, according to law enforcement authorities.

Deputy District Attorney Sergio Fuentes has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation, District Attorney's Office spokesman Mike Geniella confirmed Wednesday.

Neither Fuentes nor his attorney could be reached Wednesday for comment.

A search warrant was served Monday at the home Fuentes shares with his mother, said Mendocino County Sheriff's Capt. Kurt Smallcomb.
About 150 marijuana plants were found growing inside the home, he said. The case remains under investigation and no arrests have been made.
Visit this link for the full story.

chos3n

What a dumb ass... over the 99 limit, with his mother in the same residence, while he gets paid by our tax dollars to lock people up for doing exactly what he was.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
I imagine he wasn't locking too many people up for growing in mendocino... Especially since they had the most progressive policy toward it, having the sheriff inspect farms and such and licensing up to 99 plants.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I imagine he wasn't locking too many people up for growing in mendocino... Especially since they had the most progressive policy toward it, having the sheriff inspect farms and such and licensing up to 99 plants.

Yep. I apparently have a different perspective on this than some. The more people doing this, regardless of their job, the better. At some point the Great Oz's curtains will get pulled back, and it will become apparent that the "underground" is actually mainstream. I was surprised at the plant count, but if his mother is a patient too.....

There will be a "clerical error" with the paperwork, charges will be tossed. He'll sue, and get a tidy settlement for wrongful arrest / pain and suffering. He'll use that money to buy his own house, and resume growing. Police will never bother him again under orders from their superiors. His career will NOT suffer, he will get a raise and promotion for cool performance under pressure. He will continue to prosecute mj growers successfully (with a sly grin). Later he will become a highly paid defense attorney for organized crime growers, and will be killed by a client after losing a case.

abellguy

Yep. I apparently have a different perspective on this than some. The more people doing this, regardless of their job, the better. At some point the Great Oz's curtains will get pulled back, and it will become apparent that the "underground" is actually mainstream. I was surprised at the plant count, but if his mother is a patient too.....

I kind of agree it seems that with people seeing that even a District Attorney is doing it then there must be some credibility to it weather it is illegal or not. Hopefully it will desensitize more mainstream people of the thoughts that the "evil devil weed" might not be so bad.

If the guy is actually actively and aggressively pursing growers at the same time he was doing it well then hopefully karma will pay him a well due visit :rasta:

M

mugenbao

Deputy District Attorney Sergio Fuentes has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation, District Attorney's Office spokesman Mike Geniella confirmed Wednesday.
It is slightly amusing yet intensely frustrating that when anyone in law enforcement or government gets caught doing something illegal, the first thing that happens is that they get a paid vacation. lolwtf?

Kushed_

If the guy is actually actively and aggressively pursing growers at the same time he was doing it well then hopefully karma will pay him a well due visit :rasta:

If he is actively and aggressively pursing anything but large illegal grows, then he deserves a visit from karma, big time!

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
If he is actively and aggressively pursing anything but large illegal grows, then he deserves a visit from karma, big time!

All grows are large and illegal, according to the DA. NO exceptions should be made, growing pot should NOT be a crime.

Cappy

I think that it is a crime that anyone gets persecuted for simply growing plants

Yup, and I'd never invite karma down on my own grow for laughing at or cheering about another grower getting busted, regardless of his real life job.

Since we're all speculating, what if he was actively working from the inside to change attitudes about MMJ in his DA's office?