What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Paul McCartney stops smoking pot

G

Goodkarma

Brain damage, withdrawals...blah,blah,blah

Brain damage, withdrawals...blah,blah,blah

Wait a minute! This guy smoked the evil weed for 48 years and he has no brain damage, and/or isn't locked up in a mental ward?

What about the horrible withdrawals? How could he just up and quit after 48 years of a terribly addicting substance?!?

Didn't he have DT's, seizures, vomiting, chills and an assortment of other symptoms from quitting?

The real question Paul, is if you ever produce another album, where are you going to find the inspiration?

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
he was knighted by the Queen...she must have overlooked his indiscretion.

someday I may quit, but it will not be of my own volition.

G

greenmatter

i am as likely to throw away my beatles albums because paul sopped puffing as i am going out and buying justin bieber albums because he becomes a smoker

who cares?

12370if.jpg

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i'm sure it's more about his image and the possibility of losing parental custody if there is another divorce or fight for the kid. being known as a toker will not exactly help you keep your children in this day and age, as soon as there is some kind of conflict or dissatisfied friend employee or what ever, he could use that against him.

Wait a minute! This guy smoked the evil weed for 48 years and his has no brain damage, and/or isn't locked up in a mental ward?

What about the horrible withdrawals? How could he just up and quit after 48 years of a terribly addicting substance?!?

Didn't he have DT's, seizures, vomiting, chills and an assortment of other symptoms from quitting?

The real question Paul, is if you ever produce another album, where are you going to find the inspiration?

I as a musician and being off the jane for a month now will tell you that writing music just about from weed isnt inspirational. As you look Paul, when Beatles were top of the game they didnt smoke, the isnpiration and innovation came somewhere else.Now last 30 year or whatever he has smoked all the time and i havent heard anything that is innovating, interesting from him.

SO there is no such thing as taking inspiration from weed, maybe to some lyrics but not writing melodys,chord progressions! Its medicine and relaxing drug. I also wrote and produced my best tracks in sober, too much technology too work around in my genre anyways but it is just heaven when you have done the job(cause it really feels like a job when sitting in studio), rolling that joint and listen to your demo. You can get nice objective view out of that.

Few years back, there was this one year when i smoked everyday and didnt come up with nothing good to listen to, also if you do sound engineering all the things you read,learn (technic magazines, manuals) will be kind of forgotten when your high. So as i see it taking breaks is good thing especially if you are a parent and need to show some example to your kids. But when kids is at sleep....

my 20 cents:tiphat:

Iraganji

I like to watch what people say and listen to what they do. Words are often just strategy in our modern social world.

I have lost no love for Paul.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Paul died a long time ago. So who cares if his stunt-double quit smoking?

:)

W

wilbur

yeah, he's older than me I think ... and my throat sez I need to stop smoking now.

or his ageing liver is too slow to process last night's joint ... which makes him very slow in the brain next day.

and he's got this younger chick to fuck. hell, an old guy has to prioritise his energy output doesn't he?!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I disagree that pot and lsd did not help the Beatles song creation. They were smoking and doing acid during Rubber Soul and that was a great creative effort. Before that they were doing other folks music and kinda corny stuff(I wanna hold your hand). All though the 1965 to 70 era they smoked and you know what kind of music that was. I looked up on wikipedia and found the Rubber Soul album was a 'pot' album according to Lennon.

Imo the Beatles without psychedelics would be half of what they became. The fact that he has been creatively lacking since the end of the 70's imo, is due to him pumping out song after song already and emptying his creative well. Hard to make good rock songs after 35 years of age or there about is a fact of life.

Him quitting? Snoop 'quit' also. Paul is 70 and may have worn out his cannabinoid receptors, it could happen? I am sure he is doing this for legal reasons though. Saying and doing are 2 different things.

Cloneman

Veteran
I do question his sanity after marrying that horror Heather Mills...

I have been smoking for 44 years and i still love it...

Smelly_Cheese

"those freaks were right when they said you was dead"
John Lennon

This thread makes me miss John and George

never really cared for pauls stuff much

Latest posts

Latest posts