What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tennessee's Top Pot Cop Smokes Weed

RetroGrow

Veteran
The director of the state's Alcoholic Beverage Commission, responsible for eradicating cannabis, was found by police to have cannabis at home. They let her slide:

"An unnamed employee of the state's Alcoholic Beverage Commission told local television station WSMV that three police officers discovered the dope at the home of Danielle Elks, the ABC's director, in October.

The commission regulates bar activities, but is also in charge of eradicating marijuana from the state.

The source said nothing happened to Elks, despite the commission's strict policy against even the smallest stashes of grass.

"If that had happened to any of us (ABC employees), we would have been made an example of,” the employee told WSMV. “We would have been in headlines in the papers, the news, and everywhere else."

"It sure appears [to be a cover up\]," the ABC employee said. "It stayed mighty quiet for a long period of time."

Authorities may have ignored the find because it came immediately after the death of Elks' husband.

Joel "Taz" Digregoria, a musician, was killed in a car wreck on Oct. 12.

A state highway patrol officer and two Dickson County deputies were visiting Elks' home to check on her when they spotted a small amount of what they later reported was marijuana on her kitchen table, along with some rolling papers, according to police documents.

Elks was in Memphis at the time, WSMV reported.

An internal investigation was eventually passed to the district attorney general, who declined to press charges.

The unidentified ABC employee told the station he understood the impulse to cut Elks a break, but said it still sent the wrong message.

"We're all sympathetic of her loss, of her husband, I would not wish that upon any person at any time,” the employee said. “It's illegal despite the circumstances behind it."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...nd-abc-official-home-report-article-1.1019045

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Typical around here. Crooked as hell. I wonder how many people are in jail because of her actions while she's toking up.

Ah, yes - the old "Do as I say, not as I doob". Sorry for her loss, but seriously, how about extending that courtesy to, oh, I don't know - EVERYBODY ELSE.

Fucking hypocrites.

G

greenmatter

funny how the cops always have a good reason to be smoking weed when they get caught..... death in the family, stress at work, to many bills ....... you know, all that shit none of us deal with

it is even funnier how the same people who are so understanding about the "why" when they smoke weed are so willing to crucify anyone who is not on their "team"

scumbags each and every one of them

watts

ohms
Veteran
555683_269517773134880_100002299783129_610617_672285645_n.jpg

Attachments

• 555683_269517773134880_100002299783129_610617_672285645_n.jpg
    555683_269517773134880_100002299783129_610617_672285645_n.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 27
Agency/Board/Commission: Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission Contact Person: Shari Danielle Elks Address: 226 Capitol Boulevard; Suite 300; Nashville, Tennessee 37243 Phone: 615-741-1602 Email: Danielle.elks@state.tn.us

Edit: Sent her email via anon account, told her I was thinking of visiting TN, heard she had some good "herb" w/ no cop troubles.