What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblehead overtakes

picture.php

picture.php

Shit is looking TIGHT bobble, Im looking forward to the flip and seeing that thing fill in. The problem with many stadiums is figuring out all the nutrient bull shit for the different levels and ...your bed-bags on a correctly pressured drip solve that nicely. Love it! :tiphat:

Peace and a great 2012 to you bobblehead!

D

DHF

"Fuckin-A Heath.......You never had design flaws?"...........I love it...........

Bro....Never SEEN anyone so eager ta bust shit wide open more than you .....`cept me back in the day.........but......

It`ll happen when it does.....and .....

It`ll be like it came outta nowhere and yas say to yerself SELF......Why didn`t I see this before now.......

I`ll say this....Never saw anyone adapt and roll with the punches as well as bein totally honest bout pitfalls and learnin curves either.....so....

Major Respect.....:artist:....You paint the picture and bring it ta life.....

Once that "final room" design with everything hooned in comesta fruition and does what it`s supposed ta do run after run , it`s............

Pete and Re-Pete

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.......

Last edited:

bobblehead

Veteran
Shit is looking TIGHT bobble, Im looking forward to the flip and seeing that thing fill in. The problem with many stadiums is figuring out all the nutrient bull shit for the different levels and ...your bed-bags on a correctly pressured drip solve that nicely. Love it! :tiphat:

Peace and a great 2012 to you bobblehead!

:thank you:

"Fuckin-A Heath.......You never had design flaws?"...........I love it...........

Bro....Never SEEN anyone so eager ta bust shit wide open more than you .....`cept me back in the day.........but......

It`ll happen when it does.....and .....

It`ll be like it came outta nowhere and yas say to yerself SELF......Why didn`t I see this before now.......

I`ll say this....Never saw anyone adapt and roll with the punches as well as bein totally honest bout pitfalls and learnin curves either.....so....

Major Respect.....:artist:....You paint the picture and bring it ta life.....

Once that "final room" design with everything hooned in comesta fruition and does what it`s supposed ta do run after run , it`s............

Pete and Re-Pete

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.......

Hope Santa came down da chimney with all sorts of goodies for yas Brozini.....

Happy Ho Ho....Freds.....:ying:......

Santa brought me another cordless drill... and I'll tell ya what, not having to stop to change out bits and batteries is nice. I'm using 2 electric and 2 cordless drills. lol....

Hopefully I'll be sticking to this design so I can get it dialed in... I've ironed out most of the problems I've had in the past... Still gotta make that 8th shelf... But that can wait till I have more plants.

I gotta share my problems... So they're not repeated. Only once we understand our mistakes can we move past them. Not to mention if I disclose my flaws, I don't get anyone coming out of left field calling me out... Not that they stand a chance anyway... ha ha...

Looking good mate, you can always trim up those that are too unruly in the grow bag pod so they don't overshadow their sisters...

I love the time drip systems free up when running right but they can be a royal pita to dial in... have flooded a room or two not getting my i's dotted and t's crossed :D

Yeah, my room had about 40 gallons of RO on the floor... awesome. That's some expensive dialing in. Nothing cheap about this "hobby"... lol... Only more dialing to come.:dance013:

bobblehead

Veteran
So on this day after Christmas... When most everything was still closed... I was busting my ass. I managed to hold back and not go completely ape shit this time and tear out the joists... Just the ceiling, paneling, and carpet... A blank canvas takes a LOT of work let me tell ya. I hate the mofos that intalled the tack-strip in this house. Everything in the house was done shitty, but the tack-strip has screws and 2-3" nails so that it never comes up. FML...
picture.php

Framed out, 4.5'W x 8'L x 5'H, pond liner in. There's a shelf above that's going to be set up for clones. I wacked my head on this project so many times... I remember knocking myself to the ground 2x...
picture.php

Reflectix!
picture.php

Lights and a flood table... That's right, you heard it here first. I'm using flood and drain to feed the vegging plants. This this is gonna hold 36 site flats and be loaded full of clones at some point... I have 2 SS2's and an 400w 8 lamp t5 in there. I'm thinking I'll run all 400w ballasts, but I have 600's as well... So we'll see.
picture.php

It needs a lot more polishing to be finished, but not bad for a days work. You can see an entry hatch to the clone shelf that I cut above the veg.
picture.php

This is my light board, sorry it came out fuzzy again. I was at the HD, looking at timers... about to drop $40 on digitals, so I'm looking at the heavy duty intermatics... and then I found a $25 in wall light timer... rated for 20A... I had a 20A line I wanted to use for the lights... PERFECT! 1 $25 digital in wall timer controls the sockets for my ballasts. I love it. The flips aren't 100% wired, cause I only have 1 flower room up so far.
picture.php

And this is my water. That tube connected to the blue tube should be as clear as the other tube. That's the mineral deposits from my saturated as hell hard water.
picture.php

Last edited:

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Looking great bobble. I also have some extra time on my hands since school is over, so I will be trying to get my room up to par soon. You were right when you told me I was going to change everything around in the room after the first pull. This vertical stuff definitely takes a little more dialage time then any other way I have grow, but we all know the rewards are worth it. Merry belated christmas!

aod

Mister_D

Veteran
Hey bobble, no rest for the wicked eh? Merry late christmas by the way, hope you had a good one. I've said it before, but much respect for sharing your trials and tribulations with the community. It doesn't help teach anyone when people lie about their results. I love the flood and drain idea for veg, I do something similar in my big room. Clones are placed in trays and flooded by hand, though automation is becoming more and more appealing to me. Curious if you will be sticking with the perlite? Seems like you might run into problems with it floating out of the trays during the flood cycle. Just thinking out loud, maybe you've already come up with a solution for that. All the reflectix has me thinking maybe I should buy stock in the company that makes it :laughing:. I've bought my fair share of rolls also, shiny shit for the win ;). Holy fuck man your water is bad, what does it's EC read right out of the tap 1.8? Mine flucutates between .4-.6 EC, but it's mostly calcium. Looks like you've got alot of iron, no bueno. Hope you have a few extra filters for your ro machine handy, as much water as you go through you're going to need them. Anyway i've had too much hash with my coffee this mourning, enough rambling from me. Just wanted to stop by and see how things are flowing in my favorite thread :wave:.

Oh yea, good looking out on the root aphids. I nuked them with some imid, so hopefully they are a thing of the past.....

bobblehead

Veteran
damn thats some hard water bro, it looks like it is red???

yeah bro, red = iron. I need to get a prefilter and hopefully that's going to extend the life of my RO unit...

Hey bobble, no rest for the wicked eh? Merry late christmas by the way, hope you had a good one. I've said it before, but much respect for sharing your trials and tribulations with the community. It doesn't help teach anyone when people lie about their results. I love the flood and drain idea for veg, I do something similar in my big room. Clones are placed in trays and flooded by hand, though automation is becoming more and more appealing to me. Curious if you will be sticking with the perlite? Seems like you might run into problems with it floating out of the trays during the flood cycle. Just thinking out loud, maybe you've already come up with a solution for that. All the reflectix has me thinking maybe I should buy stock in the company that makes it :laughing:. I've bought my fair share of rolls also, shiny shit for the win ;). Holy fuck man your water is bad, what does it's EC read right out of the tap 1.8? Mine flucutates between .4-.6 EC, but it's mostly calcium. Looks like you've got alot of iron, no bueno. Hope you have a few extra filters for your ro machine handy, as much water as you go through you're going to need them. Anyway i've had too much hash with my coffee this mourning, enough rambling from me. Just wanted to stop by and see how things are flowing in my favorite thread :wave:.

Oh yea, good looking out on the root aphids. I nuked them with some imid, so hopefully they are a thing of the past.....

It's not necessarily people flat out lying, but not 100% disclosing the details... I mean what's new and exciting about posting a system that's already dialed in? If I had a room that I was already pulling 2-3gpw, and I decided to post pics... that's more like bragging imo. I'm sharing the details, and the adventure of how I got there... I will get there, there is no doubt in my mind. I just never expected it to take so much work. I can't just walk onto the field with DHF and Heath and expect to play ball... Just rollin with the punches...

I'm going to go back to cloning in coco most likely... My problem with cloning was that I wasn't burying enough internodes, and that carried over into the perlite. It's a bad habit I have of cutting in the wrong place. Anyway, I only clone in perlite. By the time the clones made it to the flood table, they would be transplanted to coco anyway. I've had visions of perlite floating away and making a mess, no worries... lol..

the water comes out the tap at .9EC, and with the pressure booster at full till it comes out the RO at .1EC. Like I was telling Mega, hopefully a sediment filter will take out the rust/iron particles, and extend the life of my RO unit...

Looking great bobble. I also have some extra time on my hands since school is over, so I will be trying to get my room up to par soon. You were right when you told me I was going to change everything around in the room after the first pull. This vertical stuff definitely takes a little more dialage time then any other way I have grow, but we all know the rewards are worth it. Merry belated christmas!

aod

Get on it... Time is a waistin!

Last edited:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Your getting a lot done bobble, great to see it all come together and that water is crazy. Thanks for posting, the grow build information is invaluable to the community, and makes for a great start to a kickass thread.

HGO

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i had a spot with water like that, was always fun taking a shower because it smelled like blood. /sarcasm

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Bobble... you should try sleeping every once in a while.

I don't know how you find time to post here.

RESPECT!

bobblehead

Veteran
that is definitely a good decision.

Thanks. :) I've never had a flood table before, I'm pretty excited about it... It's gonna beat the hell out of 200-300 drip tubes.

I rented a place that had hard water like that. Turned my wife's hair red. It killed every plant we got to.

Yeah I was real excited about having a washer and dryer at the house... until I found out about the water. At least I can take the units to my new living space and have a washer and dryer there.

I don't know how they can call that shit potable water. I'm sure in men it would cause iron toxicity.

fuck!! Your goin in bobble, hats off!

I thought my water was hard but that shit's crazy :eek:

:thank you: Hey, the good news is that there isn't any trace of chlorine in my water... ha ha ha ha....

Your getting a lot done bobble, great to see it all come together and that water is crazy. Thanks for posting, the grow build information is invaluable to the community, and makes for a great start to a kickass thread.

HGO

Thanks. I know there's been more than a few guys here with water like mine, and they were NOT using RO... yikes... I have enough trouble keeping my plants healthy with good water, let alone super hard water.

i had a spot with water like that, was always fun taking a shower because it smelled like blood. /sarcasm

:laughing: I'm picturing scenes from "The Shining"...

Bobble... you should try sleeping every once in a while.

I don't know how you find time to post here.

RESPECT!

I'll sleep when I'm dead. One day my body won't be able to move like it does today. I have a lot of work to get done before then. I have quite the list of accomplishments already, and I'm not done yet.

When you don't have many personal relationships to maintain, it really frees up your time for things like growing... It's not so different from an executive level job sometimes... I mean yeah the pay is great, but if you want to be great, you have to keep working all the time. If you don't stop to take a break, you don't get one.

Great work Bobble! Keep it up brother...very inspiring stuff!

:thank you:

try some Dubstep...very relaxing

CHeck dis out and make sure your head is in an upright position and properly secured;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXO-jKksQkM

:laughing:
You're the funniest old guy I know.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Hey bobble :) Figured id stop by real quick..Inspirational work man, everything is looking clean and i think this could be the one that sets things off for ya. Congrats on the new location and good luck in all your future endeavors!

Regards,
Turbolaser