What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Manipuri December 30th

Green

Veteran

Manipuri from The real seed co.

Grown 19 degrees N. in wet humid tropics in native soil with very little fertilizer.
July-December 30th (going to try to push her to the 12th of January)

Aroma- Unique vivid citrus orange bouquet followed by notes of earthy hash.

Smoke report- to be announced after a month of proper cure.

Notable mention- Ever fecking vegging, she started to flower in middle/late October. She received about a meter of rain in the month of December of which destroyed my modern hybrids.

el gordo

wow! man we got telepathy!:biggrin: just uploaded some manipuri pictures on the manipuri thread! you have much better weather than me! very nice buds! congrats!

Green

Veteran
wow! man we got telepathy!:biggrin: just uploaded some manipuri pictures on the manipuri thread! you have much better weather than me! very nice buds! congrats!

Yeah no joke, hard to imagine we both uploaded mani photos one minute apart. Thanks! I can't wait for some smoke....

P

psilocybevybe

Hi Green, they're some nice looking buds, can't wait for the smoke report on this, :)

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Looks good Green. It has been super wet for me this last 5 months. Hope the weather is nice to you. Aloha DB

Huesos

Good thing sativas are more resilient to rain. I had a downpour that lasted a week just a couple weeks before harvest.

I'm with you Green in that you have to push them to ripen on the vine to bring out the poi. Many Blessings.....

Green

Veteran
Alright she got the chop on the 5th.

Psilo- Thanks! I am also looking forward to smoking and writing the report, lol

Maha- Thanks, yes she is a beauty.

Dirtboy- Aloha bruh, hell no it was a rainy few months, haha. Those mani girls didnt mind wet feet or wet buds, didn't even phase her. I was gifted some "short season Hawaiian" seeds and The rain came about the 4-5 week into flower and destroyed the buds into mush.

Huesos- You know it, About 90% of what I grow are pure Narrow leaf kine. Due to the tropical rainforest. I've been playing around trying to breed some new lines with indica blood, with limited sucsess.

Green

Veteran
Heusos- thanks for mentioning that these tropical ladies need to push them to ripen on the vine. In my humble opinion and personal taste, I like my Tropical narrow leaf pushed to late harvest. Brings out character, potency, etc

meizzwang

Green: thank you for sharing! Manipuri seems to be like malawi gold in the sense that with such late pre-flowering, it would be challenging to finish here in a Mediterranean climate. Out here, the true tropical strains mature half way outdoors and then they eventually rot around the second month of being exposed to light frost and hard, cold rain. If you chop off the rot, the plant can survive go back into veg around February. From what I remember, it was really difficult to coax them into flowering even when using root-bound, nitrogen stressed clones, and by the time they want to cooperate, there's very little hours of sunlight and lots of cloudy days.

A little off topic, but with regards to modern hybrids, what month do they typically finish at 19 degrees N lat, and is it even possible to finish them outdoors with so much rain? Our rains here don't usually start until around late October to early November.

Huesos

Bendicones....

Bendicones....

Time is relative my friend. I LOVE my sativas. They are in jars now. My heart is full of joy.

Green

Veteran
Green: thank you for sharing! Manipuri seems to be like malawi gold in the sense that with such late pre-flowering, it would be challenging to finish here in a Mediterranean climate. Out here, the true tropical strains mature half way outdoors and then they eventually rot around the second month of being exposed to light frost and hard, cold rain. If you chop off the rot, the plant can survive go back into veg around February. From what I remember, it was really difficult to coax them into flowering even when using root-bound, nitrogen stressed clones, and by the time they want to cooperate, there's very little hours of sunlight and lots of cloudy days.

A little off topic, but with regards to modern hybrids, what month do they typically finish at 19 degrees N lat, and is it even possible to finish them outdoors with so much rain? Our rains here don't usually start until around late October to early November.

Just planted some Malawi. I can't wait!

In regards to modern varieties. Due to the photoperiod They usually will go straight to flowing even during summer solstice. Little popsicle sticks of bud. And yes anything with super tight buds will mold.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will be looking forward to a smoke report. Those buds are pure sativa by looks, they look uplifting and hopefully some trippy too.

I was thinking maybe Mexican or south america somewhere for the Manipuri from the looks, like stuff that went around many years back. Looked it up and it's an Indian strain, but I guess they all originated from around there.

Green

Veteran
Alright, here is the smoke report.

47 days Jar cured at around 65-68 relative humidity.

First things first, It is for sure a quality ganja cultivator... No hemp here, haha

Smell: Bright Citric orange/tangerine all the way. Followed by light hashy notes. Nothing eles...

Flavor: When smoked/Vaped it reminds me of the bergamot in earl grey tea.

High: Extremely uplifting with this very high frequency/vibration. Has a meditative quality to it, first your breath lightens from some unknown stress then the high slowly comes on and you reach a very high altitude of the upper atmosphere air balloon type. Not racy or jittery or fast. One can work all day on this.

Conclusion: Lets jar this shit up until the 6th month cure mark and open her up she needs to age............

Zitz

Great report sounds like she's reached her potential in the tropics, you'l be happy in 6 months lol

weedtoker

Veteran
Green, thanks for the whole thread, have 4 packs of those beauties in the pipeline for this year, should be nice, from your reports. Defo put a smoke report in some months if you can please.

Grow on.

Green

Veteran
Yesum- how ya doing? Yeah take a look on the Manipur state and Nagaland. It's at the farthest east corner of India, has its own culture and a large percentage of indigenous people. For sure an obscure corner of the world.

Zitz- thanks,

Meizz- you bring up a good question in regards to potency. This is not an easy subject lol. Ok so these girls have zero wide leaf drug effects. But in comparison to all of my different narrow leaf variety in my garden. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate it at 5.5 or 6. These girls have a kind high. Don't get me wrong one joint and I get super high. And for the record and in comparison I've got some old timers X Thai f5 that is a 9.5 in potency, sheer electric like quarter tab of acid. Mmmmmm

Weedtoker- Yeah no worries. Smart move getting multiple packs. What kind of grow setup are you planning on with this cultivator?

thejact55

Very nice green. I'm gonna pop my stash on these once my mango biche is done flowering ...so like 5 years lol.
I really like RSC gear, and it looks like this one is impressive as well.
I copied n pasted your report on another forum. Hope that is ok with you. Not alot of info on the strain out there ,so I shared yours. Let me know if there is any issues, and I can delete.

Latest posts

Latest posts