What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Liberty Haze (barneys)

junit

I cut this girl down and thought it was too gnarly not to take a few pictures of. This is the 3rd pheno out of 6 beans that I got from Barenys, and The nugs here look the frostiest of the bunch.

I dont think the pictures are doing it justice than looking at it in person but she seems to naturally foxtail and the stems are really thin and buckle under the weight around week 5. Really takes me back to my old Trainwreck cut that couldnt support its own buds. I may ditch pheno 1 in place of this one but Ill wait until I smell and smoke the cured product. I'm slowly adding Scrog to each of my lights and it will be perfect for that.

The smell I get off the other phenos as been a very strong citrus, almost like a cleaner or lemon pledge but without that skunk you get from a lot of strains. That lack of skunk undertone weirds people out. We shall see what this one is like.

Attachments

• thumbnail (12).jpg
    thumbnail (12).jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 47
  • thumbnail (15).jpg
    thumbnail (15).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 45
  • thumbnail (14).jpg
    thumbnail (14).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 52

mack 10

Veteran
Looks great. I just don't believe the lineage.
Smokd it a few times in Dam
The flavours don't seem to match?
And not doesn't look like either parent.

No worries though.
You carry on rocking that dank.

junit

Not familiar with the g13 but I do have some BX seeds from gypsy....so Ill be familiar real soon.

Burt

Veteran
Great job. Loved it when I grew it
It’s a G13 X chemdawg cross I believe and mine had that deep 90’s kind taste, little pine, little skunk, little hash
I often think of picking up a few more fosho

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
G13 x Chemdawg and they call it Haze. That's enough for me not to grow Barney's.

That aside, nice flowers! How about a smoke report when the time is right?

black flag

Funny, I'm pretty sure they used to advertise as OG Kush x G13 Haze.
Now everywhere I look is written G13 x Chem 91.
A G13 haze hybrid would make more sense.
In 2013 I grew their G13 haze and it looked a lot like the plant pictured.

W

Water-

when i first tried it in Amsterdam it was very good and definetly had Chem in it.
that was like ten years ago and it was advertised as being Chem 91 and G13haze

its the best stuff I've tried from Barneys menu

junit

just about every pheno I would consider good bud,(3rd still growing) but the haze thing did throw me off. I had to explain to my girl who has been researching lineage of what we have what a haze actually is.

Ill give yall a smoke report if you wish. I could throw in a Candyland one as well. I think I will ultimately cull liberty haze from my rotation. I need the space for more beans and production wise I got two clones that I've grown from GG4 S1s that are fantastic and clearly better than anything I've got going now.

W

Water-

just about every pheno I would consider good bud,(3rd still growing) but the haze thing did throw me off. I had to explain to my girl who has been researching lineage of what we have what a haze actually is.

Ill give yall a smoke report if you wish. I could throw in a Candyland one as well. I think I will ultimately cull liberty haze from my rotation. I need the space for more beans and production wise I got two clones that I've grown from GG4 S1s that are fantastic and clearly better than anything I've got going now.

I have one I was going to add to a hybrid I have been making with the most lemon/lime strains I can find.

Do you think its worth adding to the mix?

When I tried it at Barneys it was the most lime tasting herb i had ever tried.

junit

as far as smell it smells citrusy, as far as taste I'm not sure yet. I dont think I've tried the cured 1 and 2 phenos yet. I will let you know. Im not sure if they offer regs i remember only fems if you have a problem or not using them for a project.

LungCooking

They probably call it haze because of the euphoric up high..

I have been growing this strain since 2015. I bought a pack of 5 seeds in AMS and i picked a short, broad leaf, citrus+Gas+Sweet Fruit smell/taste.. have a very energetic, up high!
smile.gif

I have a feeling that many breeders dont spend much time stabilizing strains.. They find a amazing pheno and then, s1 that and sell to people..
I think this is the case.. as people complain a lot about the pheno variation on those

Here is a pic of my lhaze - Indica Pheno

picture.php

Last edited:

Burt

Veteran
It’s called haze cause of the G13 haze bro
There were a handful of G13 haze crossed seeds and I think only one male sprouted
It was used by Barney’s and soma along countless others
Hope this clarifies a little bit

junit

Here are some pics of the finished and cured product. Im super excited about this. I found yet another keeper. My guess is this is the pheno they boast as a cup winner. Half a joint Rocked me to my core.

Happy Times

Some serious fan leaf frost going on there! Looks to lean to the G13/Haze side of things? Leaves look pretty narrow and not like ChemDog pics I’ve seen

Very nice work

junit

maybe, I wouldnt know what the g13 haze looks like. the buds are small like quarter half dollar sized. It will get a nice purple with the fade.