What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High quality grow tents

zappa66

I was wondering what folks have to say about quality tents. There are a million tents out there now. I am considering upgrading my tent. have a real cheap one that has been great, but not its not built to last. Looking for something that won't have pinholes, quality zippers and all that jazz. secret jar., mammoth, gorilla, any others? looking for a 4x2 or 3x2.

I appreciate the input, lots of options around now.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
My experience is with a Secret Jardin 120. No idea about other tents, but with this one I'd vaccum the whole tent, inside and out. Had some of the threading and material show up in the end flowers.

Use in a dark room, due to pinhole light leaks through material, zippers, velcro tabs and more. Wow. Just, wow.

Other than those issues, its a solid construction with quality materials. lol

zappa66

thanks for the input. I have a grow tent brand grow tent (heh) I got for $45 shipped. Has a handful of pinholes, and wonky zipper that require messing with from time to time. All things considered its great for the money. But I would like to have the new tent out in the house as opposed to in the closet. Pinholes won't do in that situation. I think if I spent triple the cash on a secret jardin and had similar issues I would be beside myself.

heatherlonglee

Gorilla Grow tent is the best. You don't want the Gorilla Light though; you'll want the more expensive models. I have Secret Garden, Grow Lab, and Gorilla Grow tents. The others don't compare to Gorilla. You'll still have light leeks in every tent, you'll need to cover outside of any and all tents, black blankets is what I use on all sides; especially the front door.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Build a frame and get some panda plastic or orca film and make your own tent.
Kept in a dark room, You will never have light leaks.

Also, Gorilla tape works wonders for light leak repairs.
refer to the above post

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Build a frame and get some panda plastic or orca film and make your own tent.
Kept in a dark room, You will never have light leaks.

Also, Gorilla tape works wonders for light leak repairs.
refer to the above post

I'll second that, 2x4 and panda is what I always used. Was given two tents recently, some name starts with an H and is Chinese. It has more leaks than a strainer. Works ok for veg though.

The panda tents are a little more permanent. But definitely best quality.

dieselman74

you wont beat budbox pro for strenth and light proof up to 99% as imo no grow tent is 100% light proof ....best of luck with your search chhers lad :)

troutman

Seed Whore
Make sure you get the ones with the 1" diameter poles.

There are some with diameter smaller poles and they seem flimsy.

Gone Camping

Gorilla Grow tent is the best. You don't want the Gorilla Light though; you'll want the more expensive models. I have Secret Garden, Grow Lab, and Gorilla Grow tents. The others don't compare to Gorilla. You'll still have light leeks in every tent, you'll need to cover outside of any and all tents, black blankets is what I use on all sides; especially the front door.

Have had a few cheaper tents, the Gorilla LiteLine i run now is better than any thus far. I was figuring the next one (i run 2) would be the original heavier Gorilla.

My local Hydro shop closed recently, had to run into city to an HTG Supply place. They had a green tent there that seemed solid.. Agromax maybe? Heavy zippers, nice vents and what felt like sturdy poles.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ff the tent is over 1.2m2 or an oblong like 2.4m2 you want the tents that fit commercial ducting 12" silenced or you cannot max out the growspace & you need the walkway

Dog Star

Veteran
Mammoth Elite serie... 215 and 240 height.. dimensions different,i like 150Q..

inside Gavita 1000 DE and S&P extraction 1000 cubic meter per hour...

works like charm..

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I'm looking at the Gorilla tents ???4X4 or 5X5.. deciding is my problem.
But if the tent is 5'X5'X6'11", it has a top integral to the 6'11" dimension, right? This 'standard' box has intakes and exhaust ports, one being in the ceiling of the tent. How does the 12" extension work? Does the ceiling in the standard height tent zip out and the 12" xtension zips in place has only the ceiling port? and at 7'11", can one get the tent erect in an 8'0" room?

DenverJim

I'm looking at the Gorilla tents ???4X4 or 5X5.. deciding is my problem.
But if the tent is 5'X5'X6'11", it has a top integral to the 6'11" dimension, right? This 'standard' box has intakes and exhaust ports, one being in the ceiling of the tent. How does the 12" extension work? Does the ceiling in the standard height tent zip out and the 12" xtension zips in place has only the ceiling port? and at 7'11", can one get the tent erect in an 8'0" room?

I just measured mine. the tent is a gorilla 5x5 w/ extension. the tent is 6' 11" high. there is 13" from top to ceiling.

White Beard

The question for me isn’t whether Gorilla tents are good - it’s whether they’re worth FOUR or FIVE TIMES the cost of another tent. For the money they want, their tents should be *PERFECT* and include a complimentary blow-job (or equivalent)....

I’m still shopping for my first one, and my main concern is height: I’m 6’2”, my elbow/wingspan is easily 46”.

After that comes seam quality, vent size/number/location and closure function, frame structure, overhead weight limit, quality of reflective inner surface.

If all that’s on point, then I’ll decide based on light leaks.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
The question for me isn’t whether Gorilla tents are good - it’s whether they’re worth FOUR or FIVE TIMES the cost of another tent. For the money they want, their tents should be *PERFECT* and include a complimentary blow-job (or equivalent)....

I’m still shopping for my first one, and my main concern is height: I’m 6’2”, my elbow/wingspan is easily 46”.

After that comes seam quality, vent size/number/location and closure function, frame structure, overhead weight limit, quality of reflective inner surface.

If all that’s on point, then I’ll decide based on light leaks.
... as usual everyone has their own criteria. In simple terms ... buy the best you can afford, with or without sexual favours :)

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
So after allot of research I did purchase the gorilla 4x4' tent. I have used groLab GL145 (4.9'x4.9') for years but the main door zipper only lasted 3 years. This last one, zipper only lasted 2 years. And forget sewing pin holes, the window covering doesnt match well at all to the windows and would/could create a light leak fiasco... I'm betting I can get that 7'11" tent up under my 8' high ceiling somehow..

EDIT: The extra money isnt a problem. I am hoping that one does get what they pay for.