What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

QWET separated into two parts

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I was giving QWET a try yesterday, been a long time since I did any extractions as I have been away from growing.

Now I don't have any blasting rig and most my equipment was taken by the cops 10 years ago, so figured QWET was simple enough to just do on the kitchen table.

BUt I messed something up, or maybe not. I am not sure what happend, or should I say how?

As a test I did a trial with wet trim!

93% Ethanol
extraction done at -26 C (-15 F)
Soak time 3 min.

Vaporized off the ethanol in a water bath, thats where the odd stuff started to happen.

Never quit seen anything like it, but it all kinda went back together at the end and I decarbed it at 100C (210 F) for 30 min.
To my surprice I wasnt able to desolve the extract again, after it was decrabed. First time I try this, back when I was younger we just smoked the tar from ethanol with hour long soak times LOL Tasted horrible, but got you really wasted.

Anyway after desolving what I could, I did a smoke test and no effect. Very little flavor, just alot of smoke n bubbles.

It desolves in water with ease

Anyone with an idea what happend, it have not yet been winterized or done any attempts to dewax or anything.
I am guessing the goo left is sugar and/or wax separated out as solids, but how and why?

Now I washed out the goo, but still interrested in what happend.
Was at first pretty amased but the result of 6.2 gram return, but alot of that was apparently just crap.

Still haven't winterized anything yet, trying to figure this out firs and if it's infact just a good thing that happend. As it was fully water solvable, I figure there where nothing active about it.
The smell was like, old vaped weed, when you clean out a vaporizer.

black flag

I think 3 minutes is a very long time, I only wash trims for 20 to 30 seconds.
And I don't vaporize in water bath, just let it dry naturally. Also never winterized the QWET.

picture.php

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It looks from here like you have lots of water.

Wet trim doesn't work well using QWET, we limit water to 15% or less, and keep it frozen solid during extraction.

Alcohol is hygroscopic, so best to keep it away from water baths. Use a heat mat and a shallow dish instead.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Try drinking the water suspension you made, since it's decarbed it should affect you. Remember, if you're going to smoke it, skip the decarb process. :D

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Try drinking the water suspension you made, since it's decarbed it should affect you. Remember, if you're going to smoke it, skip the decarb process. :D

The water suspention is only water solvables, there where no effect from smoking it. I think there would be little to no effect from drinking it, it went down the drain and I will see what I can claim from the alch I washed it in first.

Yeah setting it on fire, is basicly decarbing it. I just wanted to try it, as it was part of the writeup and then I would be able to use it for oral consumption as well

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I made a water suspention, of a 10 min 2nd soak. To see if I can freeze destill some of the chloraphyl out, but it was just an idea I got in the middle of all this. Now I have my freezer down at -26, I might as well play around.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Fraction freezing was a fail for me, too little return and way too much work. But had fun!

Mannaged to seperate some of the odd milky looking stuff, after doing a 2nd soak on all the material I had left.
In the end again it seperated, and I managed to isolate most of it.

One part turned into a black tar oil, im guessing like rick simpson oil.
The other small part, tuned into red oil.

I have not yet smoked the red one, it was very slow to vapour off.

It's been fun, I think I'll build a new blasting rig and just make BHO.
Less work, higher expenses, but easy to work with.

Latest posts

Latest posts