What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EXTENDED: ICMag Outdoor Summer Plant Contest 2014

epicorchard

yea I'm pretty sure this is just the nomination part, i imagine voting comes once we have some Buds ready to cut? Kinda premature to start voting before the fat lady has her day in court.

Bulldog420

Veteran
Would love a mod to come in and see if we are heading in the right direction, and are following the rules correctly. I am going to throw a PM to some peeps......

S

sourpuss

If this is just nominations I nominate browntrout and bulldog420.... lets get some competition in this contest....

Bulldog420

Veteran
I contacted several mods to come in a check out the thread but I guess it wasn't important....... According to the rules, the contest is over........Wish this was better managed, and I tried to get mods involved. What a disappointment, this had the potential to be one of the best contests on any canna sight with the caliber of outdoor growers this site has to offer.........Little bummed here.

Bulldog420

Veteran
I would start talking up another holiday picture thread, but with the lack of enthusiasm from this thread indicates how that contest would go. 2-3 years ago we had a great holiday contest and holiday pet contest. Last year at the start of Dec I brought it up and was told there wasn't enough time before the holiday to elect a winner.........Any body still passionate about these things other than me?

Bulldog420

Veteran
Just throwing it out there to any mods listening. If you are interested in a holiday contest/pet contest then I am volunteering to set up the contest, set the rules, set a poll to find winners democratically, contact breeders for contest prizes. ICmag would be needed for the platform (the website) and to distribute the prizes. If shipping fee's for the prizes are too high for ICmag, I will donate the shipping fees personally.

This may be the last time I offer, and I hope ICmag sees the value is such a contest. Free advertisement for the breeders and it should spark traffic for the site. Winners could be posted in the next ICmag print.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
This contest needs some more time! I am sure there are more nominations :)

Let's look around and see what's been growing this summer, and nominate anyone who's got a great grow diary about their stuff!

I think we should start voting November 1, and have a final vote before Thanksgiving so prizes can get to the winners by the holidaze :)

Last edited:

HatchBrew

Veteran

Let's look around and see what's been growing this summer, and nominate anyone who's got a great grow diary about their stuff!

I think we should start voting November 1, and have a final vote before Thanksgiving so prizes can get to the winners by the holidaze :)

BearRiot's Sativa Greenhouse.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=284229

There are more than four or five decent grows out there right now! Let's find em and make some friends, gain some knowledge. Report Back here.

Last edited:

HatchBrew

Veteran
Just throwing it out there to any mods listening. If you are interested in a holiday contest/pet contest then I am volunteering to set up the contest, set the rules, set a poll to find winners democratically, contact breeders for contest prizes. ICmag would be needed for the platform (the website) and to distribute the prizes. If shipping fee's for the prizes are too high for ICmag, I will donate the shipping fees personally.

This may be the last time I offer, and I hope ICmag sees the value is such a contest. Free advertisement for the breeders and it should spark traffic for the site. Winners could be posted in the next ICmag print.

Holiday/pet contest... What do you mean? plants and/or pets? indoor/outdoor? Southern Hemisphere gardens?

Hands down my dogs win---totally biased though... plants...they're good enough for me and getting better = nothing contest worthy.

Bulldog420

Veteran
Holiday/pet contest... What do you mean? plants and/or pets? indoor/outdoor? Southern Hemisphere gardens?

Hands down my dogs win---totally biased though... plants...they're good enough for me and getting better = nothing contest worthy.

LOL, my bullies are cute in pictures, watch out. :biggrin::biggrin:

The contest was purely to share pictures of your pets in or around holiday decorations/outfits. I think Snitch Grown, or I mean, Dutch Grown was the one that held the contest.

Bulldog420

Veteran

Very Nice!!!

I just have one question. Define a "grow diary" please. Does this just mean a thread one has started to share their grow? Or are you looking for a grow report, which has it's own box on the left side on the forum web page?

Latest posts

Latest posts