What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kayak Fishing anyone?

Easygrowing

Veteran
YES Thanks Superman : ) lol-you has to us in the "cold" areas jaloux lol....so im also has to man me up to came out even the water is cold--we dont need to be in the water,but on it..
Great to known..in here we have kind of hurricanes because winter is gone...
Outonthewater yes Sir : )

P:S you asking somethere about an good price on a sit on top...difficult to answering about..i spended about 1500 USD on a new
prowler 15 it,s so stabile,and have no rutter to it or rudder-ror : ) grammaspactic sorry.But easy for do without even..But it,s was an fail,i didnt byed them to tie,s feet to the yak-then it,s windy and long distance-it,s hurting in the bag much..it,s an very wide one about 90 Centimetres...the Trapper an swedish one is 54 centimetres wide.If you trying to make an seek U tube-this is the sea-from think is nr 3 of them or 2-you can see an German woman and others also are doing handstanding with their heads,down to the keykole and legs up in the air-they did not turning around : ) they are proof ..in those club im member into-some training those to stand up in it and so--but for that ? i have not spended totally about 8000 USD for standing with the head down to it--why so an seat is done lol....it,s then people had done many many miles-so they has to do some for it funny enough..we take it easy and sits down or laying..mabye you can find a used one..? many are beeing tired of it and selling them cheap after some years..

Try to look at those water,it,s not funny to be there i hate then water does those,you cant feel anything when the pagaj is down in the water,it,s just like their is no water so..
The Bitches,by Sea Kayak,alternative view u tube--it,s in trailer this is the sea 3 she,s stands with head down.1.20 minute into.it

Last edited:

supermanlives

Veteran
finished rack and equipment check. hosed out inside as i seen a black widow i do believe. realised its thursday so might go out tomorrow. depends on if i drink tonight LOL i will try an get a few pics if i can. its supposed to be 72 f tomorrow perfect temp. got ciggies,weed, beer all ready.

Last edited:

supermanlives

Veteran
slow day . got harrassed by 2 pelicans . caught a fishing lure, and a few small fish. nothing special . but beautiful day. sorry the pics suck. i take my cheap camera fishing

supermanlives

Veteran
pesky pelicans . they are lucky i think they are funny.ht e totally chased my lure every time i cast. got stoned and moved a half mile away finally.

supermanlives

Veteran
this particular yak is really stable for some reason . it was developed by a pro yaker . great canadian kayak co. bought in sutton mass . right near worms way on the opposite side velocity model. i love it over all the yaks i have owned. it kicks ass 8 years or so and still kicking ass.i can paddle so fast i almosst hydroplane lol. been crosscountry atlest 3 times with weed tooo

Easygrowing

Veteran
:good:

YOU did IT ! and pelicans sound not bad,but yes if you have them all time and everythere they sounds pisky in a way..Those yak looks not bad nope..you dont sit there and beeing wet or needs to wearing drytrousers..

Well done super :tiphat:

Last edited:

supermanlives

Veteran
ya i dont like sit on top models. i have 2 spray skirts to keep all water out in rough weather.boy am i sore today. all my muscles are hurting. didnt yak or fish at all last year. i am slightly out of shape.

Easygrowing

Veteran
Yes you can always "Feel" about when,you was out last in hands and stomack and bag and legs and mostly the day after,it,s an brave sleepingmedicine and healthy for the spirit and gets good apptites..

Buyed an SOT for could do flyfishing mostly and also has to try,doing trolling and for could take the dog with.It,s an little dog and it,s for the good days with sunny wheather..has to have lots of freespace for could move the arms freely and the line can lay between legs,without it,s cathing somethere in or on the Yak,so it,s running free
picture.php
always after trouts-sea trouts and rainbow trouts..we have lots of trouts eveythere....can also lay back and still
rowing.. : ) very comfortable..a tent and it can bring lots of thngs with..there is 2 holes for things and you can put a big box rear it...im very satiesfied with those-doing about 12-25 Kilometres 2 times at week,but have been sick and away from it...But then you can super-i better thinking on find some clothes and the pagaj,but in the closed one-it,s winter in here water about 4-7 Celsius-i guess...
picture.php

picture.php

supermanlives

Veteran
i wont buy another kayak without a drop skeg (rudder) then for freestyle you keep rudder up for sharp turns and such. but when its windy on the ocean you need it down to keep ya going straight with no hassles. i am considerin g a sit on top for fun and calm waters. i priced one out at 800$ the other day. my velocity model i got to paddle it before buying. they had a sale with demo models at the lake. my yak only got one hatch for storage but i have a dry bag that gets pushed up the front area. i dont want a front hatch as thats where i lay my rods down as seen in pic. i also used to have airbags that fit in it for extreme kayaking as you wont ever sink with em in . cant find them so i am ordering more so i can go wave surfing. the surfers give me weird looks but they stay out of my way .

supermanlives

Veteran
hey stay tuned. i got an electric trolling motor i am gonna modify and add to the yak . i just need a small rechargable deep cycle battery .

Easygrowing

Veteran
LOL then i was green into kayaking i also buyed an drybag-i thought it was for caring water like those drinkingsystem,you can buy-couldnt figure out,there or how the water should came into those-to i ringed the dealer of yaks-he laughed-of course and so i have those drybag without anything to use it for : )

You can have rods on a yak,with those front hatch-on my it,s not over the rest of the yak..and you could make some "keepers" so they can lay in those and dont can fall of-if ...but-you know,what you are doing super-no reason for try learn you something..i can read...and now,you gonna get one of those el motors : ) many in those club im into-using them in theirs Canoe,s....

It,s one of the reason why i have two hatches in both yaks-for the safety-then there is an hatch-thanks for the words : ) there is also an kind of a "wall" on the site up to those hatch-then we doing recues and climbing around onto the yak,it,s gives it the strength..and also,if one should be broken,the other is still there.....i have tried fill mine up inside with water,2/3 up and so i should rescue an friend who hanged around the front-and take him into the beach..it was an part of his training-something about some EEP 2 and 3 and so...and a good way for learn about how,an yak is,then lots of water is coming into it-how it react and so..it was very hard to paddle it,but sink-go down-that would not..the fiber...they others teasing me because of it,s rudder-they says-it,s only gays-who using rudders-But it,s for teasing only...and as you says-then it,s windy or noisy water-it,s an big help..But yes-it,s not so funny to play in it..it,s an longdistance yak for marathon and so and not an playboat : ) the front it much straight-it goes through waves and not so much onto those...it,s weird feeling then good waves coming and it just goes through them...it,s 5.65 Metres long an highvolume,so it does-it,s just goes through..we have lots of plastics in club Nelly,s lockheed and some from point 65
can bye rudder to my,but cant see how there the pedals should be-mabye it,s one-who cant moved ? have not checked it..have read from one on u tube-he dont need it-stabile without-and i have paddle it for long also-and it was lots more stabile,then i have thought..but will need an sea anchor,for fishing...

Mabye you can use fenders-them around ships for something or mabye not..there are also air in those..just an idea..i need feetholders in the fishingyak-it,s hard for the back-then there are nothing..you cant stuck,then it,s beeing hard water and cant paddle right without..it,s an great idea those engine-
waterpeace . )

Last edited:

schtoop

yaks+sensi star+musky= holy sh#t !! now what the hell do i do. i live in the great lakes area and fish primaraly for lmbass,pike and musky. catching 40 -50 inch musky in a 10 foot yak is about as much fun as one can have.

supermanlives

Veteran
went out today 2 undersized halibut and 6 undersized barred sand bass. felt like it was about 75 beautifull day. now i am tired .fished 7 hours

doublejj

Veteran
Baja Langosta's!

Baja Langosta's!

For many years we would drive down Baja twice a year, beach camping. I have a 4x4 truck/camper. I carried 2 cobra kayaks on top. We would explore all sorts of secluded beach's. We could launch almost anywhere.
The lobster were so plentiful we practicly lived on it. He are a few pic's from our Baja langosta' runs. We caught more than a few 'BIG BUGS' .

peace
doublejj
P.S. Just too dangerous to do this today!:frown:

Attachments

• 8-30-2011 baja 002.jpg
    8-30-2011 baja 002.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 8-30-2011 baja 001.jpg
    8-30-2011 baja 001.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 8-30-2011 Mo 002.jpg
    8-30-2011 Mo 002.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 8-30-2011 Mo 001.jpg
    8-30-2011 Mo 001.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 9-15-2011 Pacifico 001.jpg
    9-15-2011 Pacifico 001.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 21

Drift13

Kayaks are great for flats fishing, you can get into really skinny water. I used to fish outa Kayak that belong to a friend but I could use whenever I wanted. Problem now is my hips and knees don't allow me to get in and out.

supermanlives

Veteran
after living in maine and eating maine lobster . the southern spiny lobsters are a dissapointment. need to get out in the yak this week.

supermanlives

Veteran
got out . my favorite spot is now overfished and crowded. need to find some new areas. thinking i need to hit the open ocean. time to put the fishfinder back on .

Latest posts

Latest posts