What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kayak Fishing anyone?

Flipped over kayak fishing in the Keys once. Below me was a few cobia chasing my bait buckeet as I was flipping around, trying to back on the yak. I was convinced in the moment that they were sharks, however.

Fuckkkk that. Never went again, bought a boat like a month later. Admittedly a pussy move, but I am what I am.

FlaDankster

Veteran
Flipped over kayak fishing in the Keys once. Below me was a few cobia chasing my bait buckeet as I was flipping around, trying to back on the yak. I was convinced in the moment that they were sharks, however.

Fuckkkk that. Never went again, bought a boat like a month later. Admittedly a pussy move, but I am what I am.

Lol!

i was 14.....way out off the beach in broward co with some friends.Clear water,in atleast 20 ft and a few buddys look down and see a few big cobes.......they thought they were sharks,common mistake wit cobia.I wish i had them pansey ass's on film.Swear my buds were part jesus as they practically ran across the top of the water gettin outa dodge.Good memory's.

supermanlives

Veteran
man i miss the keys .way better fishing than so cal. tarpon and hammerhead sharks yeehaw. had a bigasss grouper leave his rock pile and swim up towards me with his mouth open once. was really cool

FlaDankster

Veteran
I feel ya for sure on that.Was an every weekend if not every other as a younger teen.

It's nice to be in a place you don't NEED a boat to score fish of a life time.

You shoulda noodled that grouper......after all...your superman!lol

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Great Lakes State Nuff said? Know one kid landed a 22 lb salmon. He Went old man in the sea on it. Took all day to get back to port...

FlaDankster

Veteran
Lol....you should see some of the stuff guy's haul up from yaks down here.

Tarpon in the 100 pd class is a fun thing to watch.

Guy's go out of the beaches down on the east coast to 100= foot of water and dig up big grouper,amberjack(they don't call them reef donkeys for nuttin!)even bill fish.

FlaDankster

Veteran
Lol....only way ta doit mang!

Nothing sweeter than 150 yds of line ripped from the reel in 15 seconds,or gettin pinned to da side of the boat wit the drag locked down with a penn 6/0 for that matter.

No Pain

No Gain...is my approach to FISHIN

man i miss the keys .way better fishing than so cal. tarpon and hammerhead sharks yeehaw. had a bigasss grouper leave his rock pile and swim up towards me with his mouth open once. was really cool
Ya unless you have a boat salt fishing in socal is atrocious IMO. The piers are a waste of time. Back East the piers and surf fishing can be amazing fun.

Easygrowing

Veteran
picture.php

Growsomeweed and fish or kayking,or both yes that we likes.
picture.php

Come on guy,s and girls-out to the water for god sake
picture.php

was thinking on you superman lol

supermanlives

Veteran
my fly rod is broke still got the reel tho . need to buy a new setup. will be getting out in the yak soon. i really miss striper fishing back east too. might go visit the la jola sea caves soon then a trip to the kelp beds.

Easygrowing

Veteran
Yes Sumperman-get you some new gear-i was out in the night again..but no fish-again-bad wind and so on-dosen,t mattet-just be out there,that,s good..pics will come later.

Easygrowing

Veteran
True FD-2 friends are doing Denmark around in Kayak-40 people have tried it-only 12 done it..and i know those 2 people-and they will do it-they are a bit more than the half distance.about 1500 Km on 30 days ..

Easygrowing

Veteran
newer 2 cold 2 get on the water-great then comming home to a cup of coffee and mabye a pipe to
picture.php

just doit !
picture.php

who,s cames first : )
picture.php
or
mine is greater than yours
picture.php

just come on !!!

supermanlives

Veteran
i am installing my kayak rack today. got my yak tuned up and my gear all relined oiled and ready to go. i will wait till monday when the waters are less busy. then its game on . gonna go to my halibut hole.

Latest posts

Latest posts