Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Growroom Lighting > Philips 315w CDM Elite (CMH)

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Ceramic Solutions!
Philips 315w CDM Elite (CMH) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2018, 01:06 AM #4551
Natural high

Natural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraculous Meds View Post
Full horizontal trellis, a few days into flower. I wish I flipped a week earlier, lol... Time to prune out some suckers, set another trellis, and raise the lights.

View Image
View Image
They look great but I agree about flipping earlier. That tent ceiling looks awfully close.. you could run out of height before they stop stretching.
Natural high is online now Quote

Old 01-14-2018, 01:28 AM #4552
Jhhnn
Banned

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural high View Post
Yeah if you want more yellow and green just go for a HPS - they have plenty and put out a much higher lumen/watt than any CMH.
That's not accurate at all. CDM's put out more par radiation per watt than any other HID source. HPS wastes a huge portion of output in the infrared-

https://www.cycloptics.com/sites/def...l_analysis.pdf

With a tip of the hat to rives who furnished that link. Real science! Inconceivable!
Jhhnn is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:32 AM #4553
Jhhnn
Banned

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
They look great but I agree about flipping earlier. That tent ceiling looks awfully close.. you could run out of height before they stop stretching.
Jah... I see a jungle management problem in his future. I don't scrog or anything, which probably changes things somewhat, but I have to flower at 15" to keep exuberant individuals out of the light with a 6' ceiling...
Jhhnn is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:11 AM #4554
Natural high

Natural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
That' not accurate at all. CDM's put out more par radiation per watt than any other HID source. HPS wastes a huge portion of output in the infrared-

https://www.cycloptics.com/sites/def...l_analysis.pdf
Thanks for your link. It confirmed that HPS produces a significant portion of it's output in the green-yellow nm range. I was already aware that HPS generates significant amounts of output in the IR range, as does CMH to a lesser degree.

Phillips 315w 3100K CMH ...= 33,000 lumens (105 lumens/watt)
600w High pressure sodium = 90,000 lumens (150 lumens/watt)

Cheers

Old 01-14-2018, 02:58 AM #4555
Jhhnn
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for your link. It confirmed that HPS produces a significant portion of it's output in the green-yellow nm range. I was already aware that HPS generates significant amounts of output in the IR range, as does CMH to a lesser degree.

Phillips 315w 3100K CMH ...= 33,000 lumens (105 lumens/watt)
600w High pressure sodium = 90,000 lumens (150 lumens/watt)

Cheers
I'm just trying to help you clear up a common misconception. Lumens is a measurement heavily weighted to perception by the human eye called the luminosity function-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminosity_function

It doesn't really apply to plants very well. For that, we need to use a different unweighted measure, PAR-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photos...tive_radiation

Yes, what you said about lumens & spectrum of HPS is true. It just doesn't apply to plants the way you think it does. What does apply is what I offered earlier, that CDM's put out more PAR/watt than any other HID source. Honest.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:22 AM #4556
Miraculous Meds

Miraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant future
Quote:

I have 40" from the first trellis to bottom of fixture when I raise the lights to their final position. then I plan on triple trellising. The next two, being 8" apart. So the top trellis will be 24" from lights. Hoping I can at least let them get within 18" before light stress, but the par is pretty intense at 18" with 6 lights in there.

I was hoping not to bend anymore branches after the first trellis, but im going to have to weave thru the second one, instead of just using it for support. Lots of sucker branch and leaf pruning in my future.
Miraculous Meds is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:12 AM #4557
Jhhnn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraculous Meds View Post
I have 40" from the first trellis to bottom of fixture when I raise the lights to their final position. then I plan on triple trellising. The next two, being 8" apart. So the top trellis will be 24" from lights. Hoping I can at least let them get within 18" before light stress, but the par is pretty intense at 18" with 6 lights in there.

I was hoping not to bend anymore branches after the first trellis, but im going to have to weave thru the second one, instead of just using it for support. Lots of sucker branch and leaf pruning in my future.
Def have some work ahead of you.. I may have missed it, but how big is the tent?
Jhhnn is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2018, 04:23 AM #4558
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond reputemoose eater has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry for redirecting the discussion, and verging on a question re. hybrid lighting, but....

Can anyone point me toward a tried and true, proven, effective LED flood-style bulb (whether for agro-specific use or not) that I can augment my 315s with, before I move into the next throw? Preferably in the far red spectrum.

As stated earlier without such directness in inquiry, I would like to place (4) LED flood-style bulbs into the corners of my boxes (1 LED per corner), and have them suspended on heavy cord and either chain or line.

Prefer plant-usable spectrum to bring up the PAR/watts per sq. ft., and an actual draw of 10-15 watts per bulb, with (ideally), at least an equivalent output of a 120 to 150 watt incandescent.

Preferably without paying $40+/bulb, but if that's what is required, then that's what is required.

Thanks.
moose eater is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2018, 04:26 AM #4559
Natural high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
I'm just trying to help you clear up a common misconception. Lumens is a measurement heavily weighted to perception by the human eye called the luminosity function-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminosity_function

It doesn't really apply to plants very well. For that, we need to use a different unweighted measure, PAR-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photos...tive_radiation

Yes, what you said about lumens & spectrum of HPS is true. It just doesn't apply to plants the way you think it does. What does apply is what I offered earlier, that CDM's put out more PAR/watt than any other HID source. Honest.
Thanks. I understand the differences between PAR and Luminous flux quite well. I was simply making the point that if the extra intensity in the 3400K bulb is due to a greater green and yellow output then you may as well use HPS. The reason the 3,100K and 4,200K bulbs are superior to HPS is due to their superior spectrum in regards to PAR, not their luminous flux.

Cheers

Old 01-14-2018, 04:42 AM #4560
Raho

Raho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
I was looking at there 3400 spectrum. Its got spikes in the green/yellow spectrum. We don't need spikes in that area. Not sure why one would use that bulb. I would just get a 3100 or 4200.. I see they don't offer a 630 4200.
they do offer a 4200.
the website is messed up and the link to that bulb is broben on the products page
go to the page as if you were buying a 630 DE fixture and you can see all 3 bulb (tube?) options in the drop down menu.

Everything x oBoy
Raho is offline Quote