Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi style cob cureing

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Twilight Labs
Malawi style cob cureing Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2018, 05:38 AM #2161
Tangwena

Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropped Cat View Post
lol.

I got it down, not my first time, but will cob
half of this and smoke the other half as buds.

Cobbed some wide leaf too, good process, thanks for the tip.

Chewing the cobbed product is a real treat!
Picks or it didn't happen, just joking, but I would love to see some pics.

I tried some 2 months old KaliChina x Zamaldelica cob today its like being on valium but with lots of energy I could use this instead of valium on long flights.
I've never had a high quite like it I'll see how it develops. I am still going up at the 2hr mark from chewing 0.25g not bad.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:53 AM #2162
Dave Coulier

Dave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvergreenState View Post
Yeah I know. They look like dog turds.
Well, I was gonna say it looks like a furball a cat would cough up but dog turd works too No matter how it looks though, cobs are great!
Dave Coulier is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:29 AM #2163
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has much to be proud ofDropped Cat has much to be proud ofDropped Cat has much to be proud ofDropped Cat has much to be proud ofDropped Cat has much to be proud ofDropped Cat has much to be proud ofDropped Cat has much to be proud ofDropped Cat has much to be proud ofDropped Cat has much to be proud ofDropped Cat has much to be proud ofDropped Cat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
Picks or it didn't happen, just joking, but I would love to see some pics.

Here it is, the thunk:

Wrapped and bagged, will report back with process pics.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:33 PM #2164
Rory Borealis

Rory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the rough
Here is my first batch of cobs. It's ACE Malawi x Panama. I wanted to start small, perfect the technique before I increase the quantity. It has been in these cobs for 2 weeks. I will vacuum seal them, today. They should make for some really good smoke in 30 days.

Rory Borealis is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2018, 11:04 PM #2165
Tangwena

Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory Borealis View Post
Here is my first batch of cobs. It's ACE Malawi x Panama. I wanted to start small, perfect the technique before I increase the quantity. It has been in these cobs for 2 weeks. I will vacuum seal them, today. They should make for some really good smoke in 30 days.

View Image
Hi my friend have you sweated them? Or just wrapped the buds in maize husk.
Have they been in a vacuum bag for 2 weeks?

If not they have probably either dried out or got moldy. Please check the contents before you seal them up for 2 weeks.
How were they stored for the 2 weeks just gone?

I am all for experimentation but be careful doing it without checking at each stage.
It would be good if I could see some pics of the results before you seal them up.They should be cured/fermented at this stage and only need sealing for aging from here.
Pics of the contents would tell the story better than a thousand words.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:32 PM #2166
Rory Borealis

Rory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
Hi my friend have you sweated them? Or just wrapped the buds in maize husk.
Have they been in a vacuum bag for 2 weeks?

If not they have probably either dried out or got moldy. Please check the contents before you seal them up for 2 weeks.
How were they stored for the 2 weeks just gone?

Tangwena, your advice is much appreciated. I allowed them to sweat while loosely wrapped in the corn cobs- inside of a plastic bag. I noticed a small amount of moisture inside the bag after the 2 weeks. I then taped the ends of each cob(like you see in the picture). I checked for mold, I saw no mold. I then vacuum sealed them in vacuum bags. So, now I am patiently waiting for the microbes to do their work.

Lactobacilli is separate living culture project that I work on, so I have some experience watching the stages of growth/decomposition.
Rory Borealis is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 10:25 PM #2167
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory Borealis View Post
Tangwena, your advice is much appreciated. I allowed them to sweat while loosely wrapped in the corn cobs- inside of a plastic bag. I noticed a small amount of moisture inside the bag after the 2 weeks. I then taped the ends of each cob(like you see in the picture). I checked for mold, I saw no mold. I then vacuum sealed them in vacuum bags. So, now I am patiently waiting for the microbes to do their work.

Lactobacilli is separate living culture project that I work on, so I have some experience watching the stages of growth/decomposition.
Hi my friend its not the way I would have recommended but there is more than one than one way to skin a cat.
Please post the end result some nice pics would be good best of luck with your cure.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:23 AM #2168
EvergreenState

EvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really nice
The cobs do seem to get better and better all the time. I can't get over how smooth it is and how much more enjoyable it is to smoke over jar cured buds. Some of the rough edges or negatives of the high, racinesss and paranoia, also seem to be greatly reduced without any loss of potency. It's a more refined and more enjoyable experience all around.

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:15 PM #2169
Swamp Thang

Swamp Thang is a jewel in the roughSwamp Thang is a jewel in the roughSwamp Thang is a jewel in the roughSwamp Thang is a jewel in the roughSwamp Thang is a jewel in the roughSwamp Thang is a jewel in the roughSwamp Thang is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvergreenState View Post
The cobs do seem to get better and better all the time. I can't get over how smooth it is and how much more enjoyable it is to smoke over jar cured buds. Some of the rough edges or negatives of the high, racinesss and paranoia, also seem to be greatly reduced without any loss of potency. It's a more refined and more enjoyable experience all around.
This has been my experience with cobbed weed, to the last detail. I cob ALL my buds now, and would not have it any other way.

May I raise yet another toast to the Always Mighty Tang The CobFather, whose quiet revolution is sweeping the weed world, one convert at a time.

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:23 PM #2170
EvergreenState

EvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really niceEvergreenState is just really nice
I think some people are reluctant to try cob curing because it reduces the volume so much and it appears to be a big reduction in the amount of weed you have. One ounce/28grams, reduced to a couple of cobs seems like you are risking large amounts of your harvest in order to simply try something new.
I can tell anyone considering this method that there is no risk involved, it does work and the end product is so good that any thoughts of having less weed is quickly forgotten.
I think everybody keeps trying different strains looking for keeper phenos, not only because when you find that keeper it is special but also because we are all looking for something that stands out. Many strains give a similar experience and we want something new or something that stands out from the crowd. Cob cured buds stand out from the crowd!

4 members found this post helpful.