Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2018, 07:09 PM #3711
EasyGoing
Banned

EasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~star~crash~ View Post
I can tell you that thus far the plants are responding with very shiny lush healthy foliage >>> question ... so in a properly balanced soil would this be considered sound nutrition, or woo woo juice?? peace View Image
woo woo

Old 01-21-2018, 07:11 PM #3712
~star~crash~

~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor
ok ...

Old 01-21-2018, 07:14 PM #3713
~star~crash~

~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor
my mind tells me that the plants should (and do) show me what they need and if they are happy, or not ... i'll go back to lurking ..peace

Old 01-21-2018, 07:26 PM #3714
led05

led05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~star~crash~ View Post
my mind tells me that the plants should (and do) show me what they need and if they are happy, or not ... i'll go back to lurking ..peace
The idea is that by the time you see what a plant needs it’s too late... I don’t entirely subscribe to this though as I believe everyone sees things at different points, a deficiency to me or you could show days or weeks apart etc...

Generally speaking though, when you notice something off, you’ve left some on the table

Don’t lurk, add, everyone here adds value

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:42 PM #3715
~star~crash~

she's a tuff plant for sure ... you would be surprised how badly i've f*cked up in the past with nutrition and still sort of pulled it off in the end...I understand what Ur saying btw ...dont wait till it's too late ...

Old 01-21-2018, 09:25 PM #3716
led05

led05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really nice
Azomite

Slow

Throughout this thread I've heard your distaste for Azomite, I get the ridiculously high content of Al but when mixed at such small amounts I'm curious its effects, especially on the scale it's used commercially - herd mentality...?

Do you have testing for this or is it just simply, holly crap, 11% Al, wtf, stay away... ?

I got a 50# bag sitting here, I add it to new beds at a rate of a 1 # / 10 SF and never seen an issue but have never used it in pots, inside or in GH so its' difficult to measure true effects

Thanks

Old 01-21-2018, 10:21 PM #3717
Avenger

Avenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxlost View Post
I don't know how I would feel adding the Na to my soil.
You're OK with adding Molybdenum, but scared of sodium?

You stand a much higher chance of killing things by overdosing the molybdenum than you would from the sodium that comes along with it.

Last edited by Avenger; 01-21-2018 at 10:33 PM..

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:45 PM #3718
led05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
You're OK with adding Molybdenum, but scared of sodium?

You stand a much higher chance of killing things by overdosing the molybdenum than you would from the sodium that comes along with it.

I wonder how many people in this thread have a water softener my guess more than who realize...

does filtration prefer Mg, Ca, K or Na....... read up

Old 01-21-2018, 11:16 PM #3719
Lightweight

Lightweight has a spectacular aura aboutLightweight has a spectacular aura aboutLightweight has a spectacular aura aboutLightweight has a spectacular aura aboutLightweight has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Molybdenum toxicity doesn't occur till near 1000 ppm. Mo also helps with nitrogen processing by breaking down more complex proteins.

Sodium as a large, monovalent cation disperses soil, forces ions out of the root zone, and overall is toxicity is more readily achievable than molybdenum as it is more abundant in general.

If anything molybdenum additives would be helpful specifically for soil health, not more so for plant health.
Where did you see the 1000 ppm toxicity number? That's not accurate. At a thousand parts per million you to have more molybdenum than potassium in a lot of soils and molybdenum is considered a trace mineral, not a macro. I have molybdenum in my greenhouses at about 4 to 5 ppm and I consider that luxury levels. 2 ppm is probably sufficient for most. To get to 4 to 5 PPM it takes very little sodium molybdate to get there so the amount of sodium that comes along with it is negligible.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:31 AM #3720
Lightweight

Lightweight has a spectacular aura aboutLightweight has a spectacular aura aboutLightweight has a spectacular aura aboutLightweight has a spectacular aura aboutLightweight has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
My source is USGS. I'm on my phone but I have the document at my house on my laptop.
I think you must have read it wrong. You'll be hard pressed to find any knowledgeable people that wouldn't say you'd be risking toxicity above 5 ppm. The University of Wisconsin, Oxford, Oregon State Ag Dept, Agricultural Canadian Research Station, Graime Said, etc. all say 5 ppm is about the healthy limit in soil. Spectrum Analytics says 1 ppm is sufficient for most crops and most of the rest say around 0.5-2ppm is sufficient for most crops.

And just FYI, you could use ammonium molybdate or molybdenum trioxide also, but I don't know how cheap or easy to find those are. Sodium molybdate is cheap and easy to find.

Thread Closed