What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bong or high end vape for best stone???

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have been using Arizer ExtremeQ for years, and taste is supreme for first several hits, but is it the best stone? It may be how I use it, doing one hit an hour or so, where with bong do 3 one hits quick.

Bong tastes like shit, for same sample.

Is it a trade off??

I could try and rush 3 hits tomorrow night through vape.

Bong taste was so lousy, when spoiled from vape.

Just wondering what others have experienced.

:tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I always want to smoke some flower after vaping. For me personally, there seems to be something missing when I use the same flower in any vape. Perhaps I'm not using them correctly, but I definitely prefer a nice clean glass bong. :)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I always want to smoke some flower after vaping. For me personally, there seems to be something missing when I use the same flower in any vape. Perhaps I'm not using them correctly, but I definitely prefer a nice clean glass bong. :)
... then change strains or have multiples for selection LOL.

Nice clean bong is for me I also like a hot knife but to much to go through just pack up the old roor and clear the small bowl in one hit

Loc Dog

Veteran

I have thought about hooking my Arizer ExtremeQ up to a bong. Additional water filtration, and bong effect.

The taste through the Arizer is so much better than bong, for first few hits. Someone makes a one hit attachment for it, but a little pricey.

Loc Dog

Veteran
... then change strains or have multiples for selection LOL.

Are you saying that smoking the same thing for too long, it will not get you as high?

All I have had is GG4, for years, and it does not even put me to sleep anymore. I take a few days to week break 1 or 2 times a year.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!

Are you saying that smoking the same thing for too long, it will not get you as high?

All I have had is GG4, for years, and it does not even put me to sleep anymore. I take a few days to week break 1 or 2 times a year.
No, I mentioned to DC to alternate strains he vapes. It seems from the short post that he is saying combusting is the only way he finds "true" satisfaction out of his strain. I vape and find that I get a better taste and effects from vaping concentrates (turned into e-liquids), than smoking or using a vaporiser. A vaporiser does go stale after a while.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
*SNIP
Through my research I have seen a lot of those claims and understand why they are occurring. I was told locally that the efficacy of our meds diminish over time and to either alternate what we are using or, like you take a break for a couple of weeks. Because I am not using for recreational purposes, I need to be cognizant of this. Furthermore, just like smoking a premium cigar (depends largely on mood) I select the strain I just happen to be in the mood for. It also depends on the type of ride I'm in the mood for or wish to partake on. I don't measure the efficacy of the stone (both cerebral and physical) I measure the results. :tiphat:

shithawk420

Veteran
It's like all chemistry.you keep putting it in you eventually build a tolerance.strains are no different.even alcohol.if I drink a certain beer, doesn't matter the ABV, I'll build a tolerance.

This isn't rocket science here.if you take a huge snap from a high quality bong,it will go straight to the head.ive blacked out once or twice from taking big bong tokes from a bong that was percolated and didn't realize how big it was.apples and oranges when it comes to Vapes.

If you want the best of both worlds and price is no object then it's a ROOR with a Vriptech vape.no question about it.unless you use a heatgun attachment with Digi temp.

W

Water-

A bong with concentrate mixed in with the herb is my method, when I want to get as high as possible

A nice mix up is to pack a little herb (nag plug) and top it with some greasy water hash. Grab a herb iron (quorts or glass rod you heat with a torch) get it red hot let it cool till you just can't see red any more then plunge it into the boil and stir until you get a good ember going. It takes a little practice but if you don't pack the bowl to hard and hit it at the right temp you can clear a bong just like with a flame. I think you vaporize most of the concentrate off the top before it embers so it makes for a vary tasty hit. It also works with basically any concentrate or hash.

picture.php

A little Bruce banner x taho og rapped in rosin made from the same bud rolled in 85% drysift heads made from said bud!

redlaser

Veteran
I have been using Arizer ExtremeQ for years, and taste is supreme for first several hits, but is it the best stone? It may be how I use it, doing one hit an hour or so, where with bong do 3 one hits quick.

Bong tastes like shit, for same sample.

Is it a trade off??

I could try and rush 3 hits tomorrow night through vape.

Bong taste was so lousy, when spoiled from vape.

Just wondering what others have experienced.

:tiphat:
What’s up Loc,
I used to think concentrates are the best effect, smoked only homemade bho for about three years.

Definitely a better taste than flower too, no doubt.

Now a combination of flower and rosin is ideal to me. Something about smoking both at the same time creates a stronger effect. Doesn’t make a lot of sense, but day after day, always works.

I usually smear rosin on 3/4 of the inner part of a rolling paper, add bud and roll it up. Then cut that in half, put half a joint into a one hitter and smoke it

Switching up different strains should help too. I crossed gg4 with Jacks Cleaner, which is more sativa, pretty good strength.

Hashishh

I myself enjoy a bong a lot more. I use to have a DBV vape years ago that I used for about 6 months. It makes me cough too much and takes 10 minutes to smoke a bowl. I think my dad has it now and he loves it.

Personally not for me, but I've been looking into getting a Magic Flight Launch Box for when I go on trips. I did enjoy the taste a lot more than out of a bong, that's for sure.

I always thought one of those bong attachments to be able to use a vaporizer through a bong would be sweet.

ChinggisKhaan

I have an orig style VripMaster Vapor Chamber Bowl. It basically replaces a butane lighter with a hot-air heat gun. Placed in my reg bong slide it's hybridlike, Vapor out of a bong. Bongs give the moistest hits and I don't like other vapes because they put out dry vapor.

Latest posts

Latest posts