What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

Gry

We are far more dependent upon the rest of the world than we have ever been.
The jackasses that felt the need to ship our jobs to China,
did not mind giving up strategic independence for profit.
Any idea what % of our meds come from China?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
We are far more dependent upon the rest of the world than we have ever been.
The jackasses that felt the need to ship our jobs to China,
did not mind giving up strategic independence for profit.
Any idea what % of our meds come from China?

Funny question.

On another note I just heard a friend of mine say it is impossible to hire anyone under the age of 26 that has a brain. He claims they just don't or cannot give enough of a shit to get anything done. Period. He is pretty sure they are all too stupid.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
If americans are so pro life, why the deep dependence on goods from a country
that has little regard for the climate, its workforce or ecology in general.

I had a brief discussion with a colleague about their choice to
be a vegetarian due to the cruelty to animals.

On the surface I agreed, but...

When I brought up the idea of their beloved technology being
produced in a country that farms tigers for their bones and blood,
their use of rhino horns for "medicine" and the use of suicide netting
to catch jumpers in production facilities that produce their beloved technology,
I was met with nothing but the blank stare of someone suddenly left without
a valid argument to support the use of such technology.

I then suggested we go out for dinner at my favorite steak house.

lol

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Funny question.

On another note I just heard a friend of mine say it is impossible to hire anyone under the age of 26 that has a brain. He claims they just don't or cannot give enough of a shit to get anything done. Period. He is pretty sure they are all too stupid.

I don't agree. I have two 22yr olds on my team, and could have chosen 3 others. All top shelf kids. But I pay more than the competition. Much more. I guess it depends on the industry.

St. Phatty

If americans are so pro life, why the deep dependence on goods from a country
that has little regard for the climate, its workforce or ecology in general.

I had a brief discussion with a colleague about their choice to
be a vegetarian due to the cruelty to animals.

bad place to visit if you like cats.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Funny question.

I don't agree. I have two 22yr olds on my team, and could have chosen 3 others. All top shelf kids. But I pay more than the competition. Much more. I guess it depends on the industry.

There are a few kids that do not fit the description bigtacofarmers friend gave.
They are few & far between but they do exist.
It's fortunate that my niece has found such a guy.
Maybe she'll take some lessons from him!

White Beard

It would be interesting, but I doubt they will: capitalism doesn’t give a shit about workers - state capitalism, private capitalism...y’all seem to forget that the whole point of AMERICA is for us citizens to run things for ourselves, not for us to tie ourselves to one master or another, hoping our fortunes will rise.

The wealth-holder should not be permitted, much less *encouraged*, to grind down the work-doer - without who, all their capital is wasted (don’t tell their investors...)

Gry

Every man that enlisted in the second world understood they were going to fight fascists.
On their day, the president was not bothered to go salute those who died fighting fascism.
His tweets stated those who oppose fascism, need be fearful.

packerfan79

Veteran
Every man that enlisted in the second world understood they were going to fight fascists.
On their day, the president was not bothered to go salute those who died fighting fascism.
His tweets stated those who oppose fascism, need be fearful.

What the media refused to tell you is that Trump was prevented from going by the secret service. Due to an assassination attempt. Trump did go to an American cemetery, he also stood in the rain without an umbrella . YOU ARE BEING MANIPULATED BY THE MEDIA.

You seem like a fairly intelligent person, you should shut off the CNN. Your IQ would jump 20 points.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
What the media refused to tell you is that Trump was prevented from going by the secret service. Due to an assassination attempt. Trump did go to an American cemetery, he also stood in the rain without an umbrella . YOU ARE BEING MANIPULATED BY THE MEDIA.

You seem like a fairly intelligent person, you should shut off the CNN. Your IQ would jump 20 points.

News source?

to catch jumpers in production facilities that produce their beloved technology,

lol
China is the world's largest market for both photovoltaics and solar thermal energy. Since 2013 China has been the world's leading installer of solar photovoltaics (PV). In 2015, China became the world's largest producer of photovoltaic power, narrowly surpassing Germany.[1][2][3] By the end of 2016, total PV capacity had increased to over 77.4 GW,[4] and in 2017 China was the first country to pass 100 GW of cumulative installed PV capacity.[5] By the end of 2017, China had 130 GW of installed solar capacity. [6] As of May 2018, China holds the record for largest operational solar project in its 1,547-MW project at Tengger.[7]

not bad eh?

they have netting around everything for jumpers, in gud ol murica trucks drive around with no sideskirts, killing people every single day, people who did not want to die, its all about culture

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Dude, I know it seems like I'm always picking on you. And I apologize. But Jesus fukn Christ, where in the fuck do you get these ideas?!

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I can't see Donald keeping his mouth shut about something like this
and miss a perfect opportunity to blame 'The Clintons'.:tiphat: